My first paint work in over a year

Thread: My first paint work in over a year

My first paint work in over a year

Yep....got the hankering to do a little paint slinging today. The target of my efforts was the very nice Davis D-1-W by Steven Myers. Originally done for FS2002 Pro, this plane works wonderfully well in FS2004 with a few minor tweaks....and being an older model....looks really nice. This plane is my GO TO parasol wing plane for when I want to take those low and slow flights without a set of low mounted wings blocking the view of the scenery I am flying over.

Have had this paint kit done for quite some time....but never got a fully finished paint done with it. Still have a few things that I want to improve (pilot's clothing and the leather padding around the cockpit openings)...but the bulk of the kit is operational.

IF the image hosting thing works...I will share some pics of the new paint with you all.

Tim

Well...that didn't work....let me upload the photos to my Photobucket account and give links to the pics there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That is a cool looking aircraft... my color too... lol! Old planes need love too... right! Nice work OBIO! I like restoring old aircraft. -TuFun

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Steven Myers made some really nice planes, deserve an occasional outing.

Ttfn

Pete

I'll second that!! Back in my "2002" days I was hardly ever out of Stevens Fleet 2, until, that is, he released the Davis. Time to re-acquaint I think and look forward to the new paint.

I agree that the Fleet is also a very nice plane...I think it was Steve's first flight sim model....have flown it quite a lot as well.

Tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A triumph, good sir! :salute:

Keep slingin' paint, will ya?

Marc
    Marc H. Burcham
    Stone Mountain, Georgia

Blog Entries
    That's gorgeous OBIO! I agree, the Davis is great for sight-seeing. Many thanks sir.

Looks like a nice little touring plane. I only had the basic FS 8 so I was unaware of this little gem. Are you thinking of uploading a package (including your new textures) to upgrade the plane to FS 9?
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Very nicely done. The Davis - and the Fleet - are real favourites of mine...

Members who have read this thread: 0