SOH A-26 Invader FSX Converted Files Download - Page 6
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: SOH A-26 Invader FSX Converted Files Download

Nice work thus far on that paint John...

Firekitten - Am excited to see your work on the updated textures... Can't wait!

Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

I love the new textures being developed, inside and out, excellent work! I was the one that created the original external texture work (many moons ago), so please don't worry about giving credit to any past person, for those. The internal textures were a combination of my work (the worse looking ones) and Real Old Salt's work (the good looking ones).

I'm sorry for the delay in providing the updated models. I'll try to have them available tomorrow. All that has been updated, at least for the time being, is the VC glass material (so that the glare isn't excessive at night, with the cockpit light on) and the landing lights now project downwards on the ground in front of the aircraft, as they should. I also removed the wingtip lights that were assigned in the model, as with the same lights present in the Aircraft.cfg file, they weren't needed. Although it might very well prolong the wait for updated models, I want to re-map the yoke, yoke control column, and seat, and provide the wire-frames for them, on the texture they will be assigned to, for anyone who is working on cockpit textures for the aircraft, to actually make/detail the textures for those parts. I can do the same, very easily, for the knobs on the center-cockpit trim column.

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Blog Entries

A-26 textures

Many thanks to the team at SOH for their hard work on the A-26. I had done quite a bit of work on the original model, concentrating on a metal finish blank model. I also did a version of the "Sugarland Experss". When I heard the new FSX model was going to be available, I couldn't wait. I am now currently putting final touches on a high finish blank texture for the three variants. Please feel free to visit my page and view the preliminary work I have finished. I'll post up the finished textures when finalized.

I can't say enough about the quality of the work that SOH members devoted to this beautiful bird. The new dynamic model is a joy to look at and fly.

Attachment 65428Attachment 65429

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    I want to re-map the yoke, yoke control column, and seat, and provide the wire-frames for them, on the texture they will be assigned to, for anyone who is working on cockpit textures for the aircraft, to actually make/detail the textures for those parts. I can do the same, very easily, for the knobs on the center-cockpit trim column.
    That would be great John... would like to put some wear on those parts too!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

@John, thank you for taking the time to do that. Greatly needed and appreciated.

@********, great looking textures there sir ... love the wing look, very metal looking.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

First of all thanks to Milton and to all guys still trying to make her even better, but I have this black heavy smoke at start engine:

Attachment 65465

It is supposed to be like this or something's wrong with my installation in Windows7+Accel and on Prepar3D. ????

Italo

Could be P3d related... its fine with 7 and accel on mine, any experts?

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Many thanks to the team at SOH for their hard work on the A-26. I had done quite a bit of work on the original model, concentrating on a metal finish blank model. I also did a version of the "Sugarland Experss". When I heard the new FSX model was going to be available, I couldn't wait. I am now currently putting final touches on a high finish blank texture for the three variants. Please feel free to visit my page and view the preliminary work I have finished. I'll post up the finished textures when finalized.

I can't say enough about the quality of the work that SOH members devoted to this beautiful bird. The new dynamic model is a joy to look at and fly.

I really like the bare metal but I don't see a link to your web page?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Thanks for fixing the landing lights! I'm still looking for input on starting the engines manually - can anyone hint how to do it or what to change in aircraft.cfg to enable default starter logic?

Blog Entries
    I haven't uploaded yet. I'm still refining some small details in the bump maps and specular files. I'll put up a post once the files are ready. I'd like to beta the files here and get everyone's input.

Attachment 65478

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I really like the bare metal but I don't see a link to your web page?

Blog Entries

Uploaded Finished A-26 Textues

[QUOTE=@********, great looking textures there sir ... love the wing look, very metal looking. [/QUOTE]

Thank you for the positive feedback sir. I've uploaded two blank textures to the skins page. The B and C models are basic aircraft in high polish finish. Along with those I have uploaded the Sugarland Express texture as well. Looking forward to everyone's feed back and suggestions on these. Thank you Milton and your team for creating such an exquisite model to work with.

Osan, Korea

Thanks for the textures ********, just picked up all three. Great work!! :salute:
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

I think that's the hot ordinance ramp, at the far end of the field, the place they send us about half the time....

Cheers T

gman,
    great repaints
    Thank you !

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Just installed the Sugarland express texture. Mine has a very blury Vert Stab, did miss something or goof up the install?

Cheers: T

Blog Entries

Vert stab resolution issue

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    Just installed the Sugarland express texture. Mine has a very blury Vert Stab, did miss something or goof up the install?

Cheers: T

Is it just the vert stab or horizontal also? I took a look at my art files and tuned up the tail numbers a bit. I'll reload the entire file this evening.
    Also, these are 32 bit textures rather than DXT5. I did this for the smoothness in the bump maps, but it can be taxing on a system.

How are your frame rates? Also maybe post up a screen shot of the v/stab and let me take a look.

I'll be posting up a complete DXT5 version for systems that can't handle the 32 bit version. Much more frame rate friendly but quite a loss on resolution. IMHO

Thanks for the input, my goal is to put together art files worthy of the model.

Cheers: G

Attachment 65564

Worn cockpit texture set for Milton's A-26 Invader. Includes instrument panel, with out the Camels pack. If you guys want the clean version, no cig, with a new seat texture, let me know.

I've been working on different textures for the seat... will included this in the next zip file. My first cockpit textures I've done so be kind... just wanted to do something for you guys!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Worn cockpit texture set for Milton's A-26 Invader. Includes instrument panel, with out the Camels pack. If you guys want the clean version, no cig, with a new seat texture, let me know.

I've been working on different textures for the seat... will included this in the next zip file. My first cockpit textures I've done so be kind... just wanted to do something for you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    . . . . . .I'll be posting up a complete DXT5 version for systems that can't handle the 32 bit version. Much more frame rate friendly but quite a loss on resolution. IMHO
    Cheers: G
    Really? I've actually found just the opposite to be true. I've just finished a set of liveries for an aircraft and first reproduced them in 32bit bitmap form, then decided to go with "dds" DXT5, the difference was night and day. The dds (DXT5) was extremely sharp and even producing textures of 4096x4096 was no strain on a 4 year old dual core system.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

gman, very nice textures!

now before I start slapping paint on them, do you have a layered psd version as well? And if so, are you planning to upload those too?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Really? I've actually found just the opposite to be true. I've just finished a set of liveries for an aircraft and first reproduced them in 32bit bitmap form, then decided to go with "dds" DXT5, the difference was night and day. The dds (DXT5) was extremely sharp and even producing textures of 4096x4096 was no strain on a 4 year old dual core system.

To be honest I did not see much difference on this particular aircraft between DXT5 and 32 bit. I have experienced what looked like posterizing on a DH Vampire model when I created a black skin. It could be a model specific anomaly. When I post up the DXT5 version of the A-26 it will be 2048X2048. Take a look and compare...let me know what you think.

What I noticed on this particular aircraft was a slight pixelated appearance in the bump reflection on the fuse when I first loaded the original texture. I already had my own bump maps done, so when I loaded those textures the reflections smoothed out. It's interesting in this medium...each project has it's own personality.

Thanks for the input.

Gman

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    gman, very nice textures!

now before I start slapping paint on them, do you have a layered psd version as well? And if so, are you planning to upload those too?

I will definitely be posting up a layered PSD. That one will be up very shortly.

Gman

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Attachment 65583I can post again? I CAN post again! Do I want to? Oh, what the heck...
    Brilliant job on the FSX conversion, new textures et al. Just DL`d the new interior textures. Great to have the `26 back in FSX. All the light bomber and attack groups in my sim world are in the proces of re-equiping on Invaders. Navy and Marine VB units are standing to on PB1D`s next.
    BZ!BZ!BZ!

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    Attachment 65583I can post again? I CAN post again! Do I want to? Oh, what the heck...
    Brilliant job on the FSX conversion, new textures et al. Just DL`d the new interior textures. Great to have the `26 back in FSX. All the light bomber and attack groups in my sim world are in the proces of re-equiping on Invaders. Navy and Marine VB units are standing to on PB1D`s next.
    BZ!BZ!BZ!
    Maybe P4D-1 would be better. The PB-1 was navy version of the B-17. It's giving me an idea for some fictional repaints. The Corps used the PBJ, so why not use the Invader?

Members who have read this thread: 111