SOH A-26 Invader FSX Converted Files Download - Page 7
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: SOH A-26 Invader FSX Converted Files Download

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johndetrick View Post
    Maybe P4D-1 would be better. The PB-1 was navy version of the B-17. It's giving me an idea for some fictional repaints. The Corps used the PBJ, so why not use the Invader?
    The confusing designtion systems of old... Yes, indeed, the PB-1 was the Navys B-17. There was the Douglas PD flying boat of the late '20's/early '30's. The next Douglas patrol bomber would have then been (maybe) P(patrol) B(level bombing equiped with Norden bomb sight) 1( second model from manufacturer-the first is not numbered under the old system-the PD) D(Douglas). The Gun nosed 'B' model, if utilized, would ommit the reference to the Norden sight, and then should be P1D-1. It could have gotten really hairy if the navy used large numbers of B-17s and differentiated between Boeing(B), Vega(V) and Douglas(D) built models!(PB, PB3V, PB1[or2]D), let alone the re-use of designators( N; for instance, was used as the designator for Naval Aircraft Factory and Northrop, M for Martin and Eastern Aircraft or B for Boeing and for any Norden equipped aircraft.) Properly, the PB-1(If carring a Norden sight) would have been the PBB or PB1B.
    The navy's designation system then:
    first letter-role. F(fighter)P(Patrol)S(scout)T(torpedo)J(utility)N(t raining)R(transport)W(electronic warefare[radar,ELINT ect])O(observation)D(photo recce)
    second letter-supplementary role or mission equipment( OS2U, SBD, TBM, ect)
    first number - model
    dash number- vairiant . So, for instance , in the Consolidated line of patrol planes we end up with PY, P1Y, P2Y(No bombing role), PBY, PB2Y,PB4Y, PB4Y-1. With loads of exceptions and ambiguity.( PBJ`s were always PBJ`s regardless of solid or glass nose fitiment. SNJ makes no sense at all...)
    letter after dash number- modification of variant (F4U-1D) or role specific modification( F4F-5N, PB-1W)
    Let alone the erraticly applied V(Heavier than air) or Z(Lighter than air letter) normally seen in unit designators(VF, VT, VP,VD) but also in type designators(Goodyear ZPG-1 patrol blimps) By the mid 1950s I expect the Navys designation system occupied a volume equivilent to the 1950-2012 Hong Kong phone books!
    One can see why a new designation system was required in 1962!
    Any way.
    Lots of potental for whatiferisims. Loads of fun!

Textures for the knobs and engines. Alternate seat texture.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

TuFun, excellent work! I'm mixing/matching & testing at the moment but the new detailed & worn VC textures really bring the FSX version to life!

:salute:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Worn cockpit texture set for Milton's A-26 Invader. Includes instrument panel, with out the Camels pack. If you guys want the clean version, no cig, with a new seat texture, let me know.

I've been working on different textures for the seat... will included this in the next zip file. My first cockpit textures I've done so be kind... just wanted to do something for you guys!
    Was this fix suppose to delete the camels, cause I can still see them with you zip files here.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by richoday View Post
    Was this fix suppose to delete the camels, cause I can still see them with you zip files here.

Thanks.

Yep, in the A-26 interior textures folder... file name is vc01.bmp... copy to your A-26 panel folder. Make a backup of the original vco1.

My first file I ever uploaded, forgot to add a readme file. -TuFun

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    TuFun, excellent work! I'm mixing/matching & testing at the moment but the new detailed & worn VC textures really bring the FSX version to life!

:salute:
    Same here... lots of testing. That tiny gray square sure covers a lot of areas. Not only that, certain areas will distort like crazy... a #1 line to #100. Using a grid of lines or dots will show what I mean!

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Leave the Camels! I like a smoke after a bomb run. Ahh; just like back in the day- roll up your sleeves, run some numbers on the slide rule, light up an un-filtered Camel, and crank off a hydrogen bomb...
    The new cockpit texs look very nice, thank you! Trying the other bits latter.
    BTY. Simviation, FSX misc, Bruce Fitzgeralds 'Bomb C' a 500 lbGP.
    Making a co-ordinated attack on a Nipponese convoy with a PT boat section..Attachment 65611Attachment 65612Attachment 65613Attachment 65614

Blog Entries
    Looks good Laz!!

You know ... that scheme ...dirtied up ... Korean War ... VMP-254 configures these for land-based long-range reconnaissance ...If the Tigercat wouldn't have happened ... maybe they might have gone this route ... just saying ...

Love your work, nice to see you active again here!

DL

hey guys i am trying to get the VC Lights to work cant read gauges with no lights any ideas?
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Hey DL. Never left, just one day couldn't post, then it worked again. I'm undecided on active participation anyways after the fire I was drawing a while ago, so I just let it go. Tinkering with a few navy and marine paints. I'm just trying to figure out why I'm getting bleed out with the blues when saving. I suppose there is a fix in a thread somewhere, but its more amusing to hack away at it on my own terms. All in good time!

does anyone know where i can find more paints for this plane can you please post some links thank you :salute:
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

found handy gauge on avsim.com for A26 makes taxing much easyer!!!

DC-3 Taxi throttle Control

This package offers a modification to the "hard to steer" Douglas DC-3. The DC-3 relies on differential braking and power to taxi properly. This package is for those pilots without dual throttle controls. It uses the rudder deflection to apply proportional differential power under the appropriate circumstances. Documentation is included. It will work with the Default Microsoft DC-3, the C-47 by Beaumont & Bitzer (shown), or other twin engine tail draggers that are hard to steer.

Filename: taxi_throttles.zip License: Freeware, limited distribution Added: 4th June 2010 Downloads: 1363 Author: Ken Austin and Dave Bitzer Size: 3kb

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=149412

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

[YOUTUBE]3t0IwbOsgj4[/YOUTUBE]

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post
    hey guys i am trying to get the VC Lights to work cant read gauges with no lights any ideas?
    Ditto here. The switches don't really give me anything, however if I use the "L" key I do get a bright light in the cockpit that almost obscures night vision outside the cockpit. So the questions are. . .is that what we have to work with?. . . .did the switches ever work correctly?. . . .was there a mod that we aren't privy to?. . . .there's probably another one, I just can't come up with one right now.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

i Hit L All i get is Two Useless Landing Lights which does not beam Light and a Dark VC

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

Updated Models

It's not much, but here is a link to download updated model files. The only updates are to the landing lights, VC glass (cutting down on the glare at night from the VC light), the removale of the wingtip modeled lights (since they are already present in the Aircraft.cfg file), and a couple of small parts in the VC, which were over-looked material-wise, are now assigned to the proper materials/textures they should be.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?4nxvj0kym4vml9c
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Thank You Bomber you fixed it :salute:

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    It's not much, but here is a link to download updated model files. The only updates are to the landing lights, VC glass (cutting down on the glare at night from the VC light), the removale of the wingtip modeled lights (since they are already present in the Aircraft.cfg file), and a couple of small parts in the VC, which were over-looked material-wise, are now assigned to the proper materials/textures they should be.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?4nxvj0kym4vml9c

Thanks John
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Charter Member 2015
    Thanks to the whole development crew for providing this aircraft for FSX.

Here's a video clip that us virtual A-26 pilots may find interesting

[YOUTUBE]Uxj2Ugfm7Vs[/YOUTUBE]
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Everyone's work on the A-26 is greatly appreciated. One great aircraft.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Panel and gauge backlighting work fine here.

Leave Panel lights off except for preflight duties.

Turn on INST Lights, then turn up the Dimmer switch as shown in the attached.

EDIT: My apologies. What I showed was the 2D panel. Although the VC lighting does work using the same procedure, it is very faint.
    I know that the vc backlighting works differently in native FSX models, but maybe a simple brightening of the vc01_L.bmp in the texture folder would help somewhat.
    If push comes to shove, use the 2D panel at night. :-)

EDIT 2: Well, I tried changing the vc01_L.bmp to pure white for the best brightness and it only improved a bit. Gauges can be read once your eyes adjust. The only way to do this right is to change the interior model I'm afraid.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Some recent shots:

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Now THAT is AWESOME John :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Members who have read this thread: 112