SOH A-26 Invader FSX Converted Files Download - Page 5
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: SOH A-26 Invader FSX Converted Files Download

While we wait for the updated set of textures...

Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

At last I found time to install it, and it feels good to have it back in my sim.
    I have one problem, in cockpit view, everything outside the cockpit turns black after a second. Anyone any ideas what is going on? I accidentaly downloaded the blind-flying version?
    It now feels a bit like flying a MS Flight P-51, and we don't want that..

the last one was lucky, without cockpit view..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Jan Kees, be sure that the VC_Glass_T texture file (along with all of the new textures included) are installed into the various texture/repaint folders that you have. If the VC glass texture isn't present, the VC glass will turn black. Also, if the original Glass_T texture is still in-place, and is not replaced with the New Glass_T and Spec texture files, then the exterior glass won't be displaying as it should, either (as seems to possibly be the case based on your screenshots).

For any repaints you have installed, you have to carry over all of the texture files from one of the included texture folders. The fuselage bump maps are different for the A-26C than those for the A-26B (they are also different for the early gun-nosed A-26), so you will also want to make sure you are pulling the bump maps from one of the texture folders for the same model type.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Also, I didn't realize until the last day or so, how the VC glass looks with the cockpit light on at night. I'm going to redo the material for the VC glass so that it doesn't have that bright effect. I also forgot to assign the night map/nigh lighting to the instrument panel/gauges. Unfortunately this means having to again replace the models with new ones.

I'll be providing updated interior models, shortly.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Thanks for the great work to original creators (it aged with dignity, still looking and working nice) and Bomber_12th for the conversion!
    Would you please look at the landing lights too? They don't seem to illuminate ground during night, unless the plane is flying inverted at very low altitude above ground - the "cone" is there, but points wrong way. Is there a way to manually start engines, without reverting to ctrl+e? The A26_engine_start!engine_start crashes FSX if un-slashed in panel.cfg and without it energizer doesn't work. Also, what is that second commented-out gauge, "ROSTOYS!Hula"?

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Also, I didn't realize until the last day or so, how the VC glass looks with the cockpit light on at night. I'm going to redo the material for the VC glass so that it doesn't have that bright effect. I also forgot to assign the night map/nigh lighting to the instrument panel/gauges. Unfortunately this means having to again replace the models with new ones.

I'll be providing updated interior models, shortly.
    Looking forward to the fixes. Especially the interior models!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

As it is, this model is great for high speed, low level flying. Smooth, great control and wonderful sound set. BTW, what happened to the Black Widow project?

How do I get the non-smoking version? The only smoke I want in my cockpit is wildland fire smoke!

Here are the textures I worked on. The two that are labeled 1darkgray and 2darkgray are different versions of the seat textures. The first one is the one seen in the above screens which look like a seat covering of sorts. The other is more of a worn black finish. Pick whichever you want to use and place them in each texture folder(be sure to back up the originals and also just delete the number at the beginning of the file name before placing it into the texture folders.). Also there is the vcparts.bmp which has the weathered gray/metal areas. The chromate green parts/panels are not weathered.

TuFun, your weathering on those green parts look great as well as your work on the rest of the VC. So if possible, could you add your technique on the VC green panels/parts to what I did on this attachment and perhaps throw both of our works into a VC texture update pack including your worn metal seat?(I'd like to get a copy of that seat/texture!) The different types of VC texturing can give a few options to A-26 users for different versions.

Attachment 65239

(Edit) In my haste, I forgot to say THANK YOU to Milton!

Hey everyone; I love the improvements all around. Thanks for all the efforts to improve the Invader. Keep up the great work!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    TuFun, your weathering on those green parts look great as well as your work on the rest of the VC. So if possible, could you add your technique on the VC green panels/parts to what I did on this attachment and perhaps throw both of our works into a VC texture update pack including your worn metal seat?(I'd like to get a copy of that seat/texture!) The different types of VC texturing can give a few options to A-26 users for different versions.

(Edit) In my haste, I forgot to say THANK YOU to Milton!
    I agree, looking at different cockpits, and our variations on them will make a cool package for the A-26 models. With John modeling the cockpit, may better details will entail.

Did the bezels and the red switches. A draft you might say... I see some textures I want to change. Will look into fading the dials also. Gauges look to new for the effects to look right.

So guys what do you think?

Just for fun...

The ROS Hula gauge animates the hula dancer, a touch by my friend Rich Murray (Real Old Salt) who did the wonderful gauges for this plane.

Cheers: T

I like the "worn" look on the panel.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Yes, adds a lot of character.

That's starting to look real nice. I will test the new VC textures later, would be great if you guys combine your work. Nothing is more fun than teamwork!

R.
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    The ROS Hula gauge animates the hula dancer, a touch by my friend Rich Murray (Real Old Salt) who did the wonderful gauges for this plane.

Anyone know what happened to him? Haven't seen him posting here for a long time.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Thank you, sounds like fun - do you know, where can I get it, as the ROSTOYS is not included in the SOH A-26 package?

Something I discovered by accident, messing with layers, created a worn pattern, and instead of green, used black in a few A-26 cockpit photos I've seen. That lasso tool comes in handy. Never used it before. Random pattern for now, just to see how it looks.

Real Old Salt, Rich Murray is a fine gentleman and contributed a lot to our pastime. Sadly he had some major family obligations (which I will not relate) as can arrive into our lives, which has taken his time and energy.

Cheers T

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Thanks Tom ..... good to know he is still around and hope to see him back here one day soon.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Checked out Chi Chi Jima... fireworks, explosions... nice welcoming party!

WIP of a USN JD-1

Should be released in the next day or two. A JD-1 of VU-3.

Now there's a peaceful soul. flying through flak alley, unarmed....

T

Now there's a peaceful soul. flying through flak alley, unarmed....

T
    With my camera and trusty .45 sidearm... sorta armed! If you haven't checked out the scenery, do so... it's awesome!!! Thanks to Tom Stovall and team!

Just an update on the new textures I said I'd do... working through it, got a good handle on the fuselage, updating the excellent originals to remove the fixed shading, adding a higher detail level that can be enhanced by the bumps and alphas, and generally creating a worthy base for future work. All credit to the original authors of the a26 textures obviously, but I'm trying to give them a bit more life now we can take advantage of the higher resolutions.

Members who have read this thread: 111