SOH A-26 Invader FSX Converted Files Download - Page 4
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: SOH A-26 Invader FSX Converted Files Download

Screens of the VC texture

Here are screens of the VC texture issue I am experiencing that I mentioned on a post above. The red arrows mark the problem areas.
    Attachment 65050Attachment 65051Attachment 65052Attachment 65053

I did revert back to the original FSX native models & textures minus the bump textures and the blacked out texture area in the front-right side of the VC was again green but the center pedestal & seat, retracted boarding ladder appear partly untextured gray. I did go back an fully check to make sure all the files were in the proper location and return to the newest version of the models & textures but the issue is still present. Everything else appears normal and functions perfectly.

StormILM, it is displaying correctly for you. That is how the VC was originally in FS9 as well, and I have left it just as is. Unfortunately I'm not in a position that I can invest the time needed to advance it further.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Wow... I'm away from S-O for a few days and I come back and find this! I've been waiting literally years for someone to update this amazing model for FSX.

I just have to pop in and say a huge THANK YOU to John! I think I can speak for everyone here in saying we all really appreciate the time and effort you put into this.

(Actual huge "thank you" ;-) ______________^^

And it was fun to come in and see the enthusiasm of the crowd here push you to go back to it after "finishing" and add the bump maps too! Anyway, I can't wait to fire it up. Please know that your time and effort is is greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    StormILM, it is displaying correctly for you. That is how the VC was originally in FS9 as well, and I have left it just as is. Unfortunately I'm not in a position that I can invest the time needed to advance it further.
    John, thanks for the reply and for doing what you have done on this model for us! I guess that one spot (forward right wall) appeared different after the changes and I thought I screwed up something/misplaced some files. It's a minor visual and not a killer to the rest of the model. But if you don't mind me asking, if myself/some of my fellow A-26 users wanted to update the VC texture spots pointed out, is it something that can be tackled by normal painting tools or does it fall into more advanced MDL/Mapping needs? I'd be willing to take a crack at it if pointed in the right direction or help contribute.

Playing with the engine textures... grey and the other blue-grey.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Here are screens of the VC texture issue I am experiencing that I mentioned on a post above. The red arrows mark the problem areas.
    Attachment 65050Attachment 65051Attachment 65052Attachment 65053

I did revert back to the original FSX native models & textures minus the bump textures and the blacked out texture area in the front-right side of the VC was again green but the center pedestal & seat, retracted boarding ladder appear partly untextured gray. I did go back an fully check to make sure all the files were in the proper location and return to the newest version of the models & textures but the issue is still present. Everything else appears normal and functions perfectly.
    I see what you mean... my smokes are missing?

Started tinkering with the cockpit textures... not my forte. So far that I can see the darkgray.bmp handles the seat, peddle rods, ladder, and a few buttons.

Dirty up some of the knobs, floor and sides, and console panels. Needs a lot of work... just testing to see if I can do this. Will be focusing on the seat and those knobs. Looks like the pattern has to be very tight because of the stretching effect.

This is the glass nose version

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Playing with the engine textures... grey and the other blue-grey.

TuFun is having........ Too Much Fun!

TuFun, looks good. I managed to weather some of the VC parts to attempt to give them a sun beaten look to where the paint or coatings had oxidized and then chipped/flaked off. My attempt(a very novice attempt) came out okay enough for testing/evaluating in this process of trial and error. Until you mentioned your locating the BMP which covered the seats, I was driving myself crazy trying to find that texture to also weather effect it. You're right, that particular texture is small and it's awfully hard to get a good stippling or brush/blend effect on such a size. It stretches or blurs on some parts and looks fine on others. I decided to replace that texture with a larger one that's already stippled/weathered and see how it works and if there is no ill effects on the appearance or performance FPS wise, I will go from there. As I noted before, when it comes to texturing/painting, I am a novice but learning as quick as I can but my intent is not a major overhaul of the VC, just enhance what's already there and as lightly as possible.

Will post my results later after more work and testing.

If you bump it up in size to 1024, or 2048, and your texturemaxload is high enough (ie equal) it should in theory improve it, unless its the materials LOD stretching it that way.. then it might not. That element of textures and modeling is a bit vague to me...

Pretty much limited skills here, but here's what I have...

TANKERS

TANKERS

I am enjoying this A-26 update greatly. Did some flying out of McCall Idaho today. Reminded me of the 1989 film "Always", which if you haven't seen, go watch it NOW....

While are you still here? Go Watch it NOW...

Anyway, one recommendation on the A-26. It desperately needs to be compiled as one complete package. And if some of the various skins could be compiled with it, that would also be great. This aircraft deserves it fellas!

I'm still having a few minor texture issues, must not have followed the instructions perfectly...

Enjoy the shots!

Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Here's what I came up with. The center pedestal parts I put the stipple effect on by hand and the seat parts were simply done by renaming one of the black bmp's to the gray version. Some of the seats I've seen were painted black over chromate yellow/green with worn through parts showing bare metal and some seats I seen painted solid gray or covered by green or blue canvas. Your work on the seat give the proper appearance of the "bucket" shape of the basic seat. TuFun, do you know what texture covers that black panel to the forward right on the B model VC?

Attachment 65095Attachment 65096

...snipped... Your work on the seat give the proper appearance of the "bucket" shape of the basic seat. TuFun, do you know what texture covers that black panel to the forward right on the B model VC?

Attachment 65095Attachment 65096
    Good work on this. Attached is a 32 bit version of the vcinterior.bmp that may be helpful for other work.

The texture in question you are looking for is vcparts.bmp. Attached is the 24 bit version, and a graphic showing the area used. I do not recall what other parts, if any, use this section of the bmp.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Here's what I came up with. The center pedestal parts I put the stipple effect on by hand and the seat parts were simply done by renaming one of the black bmp's to the gray version. Some of the seats I've seen were painted black over chromate yellow/green with worn through parts showing bare metal and some seats I seen painted solid gray or covered by green or blue canvas. Your work on the seat give the proper appearance of the "bucket" shape of the basic seat. TuFun, do you know what texture covers that black panel to the forward right on the B model VC?
    Found the panel... it's in the vcparts.bmp, the little black square. Milton has put a red boarder around the square in the pic. Testing it with this green texture.

cant wait to fly This plane in FSX i miss flying it Thank you guys :salute:
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

great work on the interior TuFun - I look forward to using these files - if you decide to make them generally available

Thanks to Milton and Bomber_12th as well - the plane looks terrific and the FPS boost is notable
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

More tinkering...

FSXAR177; Always is an awesome movie I'm doing Pete's A-26 at the moment, well, the fs9 one is done, but I need to redo it on the fsx textures im finishing first :P

Firekitten,
    Sounds good! I'll look forward to it!

Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Looking forward very much to your updated VC textures, TuFun!!

R.
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Quote Originally Posted by robcap View Post
    Looking forward very much to your updated VC textures, TuFun!!

R.
    Thanks... looking at the bezels to what I can do here.

Any updates on your cockpit? Like what you did with seat cushion and worn thru parts!

Been looking thru photos of cockpits... some black, some gray. -TF

Got the buffer out and think I got carried away! Went back and tinkered with the engines again... adding a little more detail. Trying to give that 3d illusion to the cylinders.

UPDATE: One minor fix and the engines will be done. There are two versions... one fresh, one worn. Now back to the cockpit!

Just for a heads up:
    Noticed the texture issue I was dealing with. A few textures, such as the tires, and propeller hubs, won't display properly in DX10. I should have known this. All is 100% in DX9

Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Members who have read this thread: 111