(Payware) A6M2 Zero
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: (Payware) A6M2 Zero

(Payware) A6M2 Zero

Some pics of our upcoming A6M2 Zero for FSX

Attachment 61723Attachment 61724Attachment 61725

Charter Member 2011
    any chance of seeing the dirty prop spinner on the white zero being washed off? makes the rest of it look ugly
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Outstanding!
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Fantastic !
    It will be from "Just Flight", right ? (sorry for this question, I'm still unable to remember who works for which company here...)
    Who "realistic" do you plan to make this aircraft ?

Yes this is a Just Flight product. We will be releasing more details about the aircraft shortly.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Great news, looking forward!

:ernae:
    Mark

She looks great , with all the recent Pacific aircraft and freeware scenery , another Pearl Harbour or further a Real Virtual Midway :salute:

Sweet!

Makes me want to jump in my Hellcat!

I will be picking this one up!

its looking good,

its in better condition than the ones ive seen for real(at least its in one piece)

It seems like the perfect opportunity to finally duplicate the "oil canning" effect, well, with a Zero built for FSX and the vast material options available.

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Martyn,
    The Zero has been long-overdue in FSX. This is great news! It's looking purdy..

Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    It seems like the perfect opportunity to finally duplicate the "oil canning" effect, well, with a Zero built for FSX and the vast material options available.
    That skin effect is VERY hard to duplicate in normal maps. Thats why it hasent really been done yet.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

What I meant, is that with every past Zero built for any other flight sim, you would have to actually texture the aircraft to look like that, with all of the shadows and highlighting in the base textures themselves, in order to get close to the effect. With this being the first Zero that can support normal maps/bump maps (whatever you want to call them), I'm just saying it is the first opporunity that someone could have to reproduce this effect using the more advanced materials available in FSX (it does also require a good amount of specular (which would be accurate anyway) to show off such detail in the normal/bump maps). I'm not, in the least, saying that it hasn't been done well on other productions, and I know too exactly what goes into trying to duplicate such an effect.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbage View Post
    That skin effect is VERY hard to duplicate in normal maps. Thats why it hasent really been done yet.

I think the OZX HD Redux version of the Grumman Goose is a good example for that. Must have been a tough job.

Attachment 61753

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    I think the OZX HD Redux version of the Grumman Goose is a good example for that. Must have been a tough job.

Attachment 61753
    Thats a way of faking it, putting a random noise into the skin.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Ah Zero-sen! Looking good! All we need now are some Kate's and Val's
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

The Zero is now available: http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=1007

[YOUTUBE]17mv1GglMMM?hd=1[/YOUTUBE]

Here is a good look at the Just Flight Zero and ChiChi Jima. The price is right and this very nice aircraft has found a home.

Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Nice shots, Tom. I'll also buy it!

Cheers,
    Mark

Videre Vincere Est

Icon5

Wow, looks great!

Will take a while before i can purchase it though...

Recently added to my hangar:

- Virtavia F-111
    - Virtavia B-1B
    - Milviz F-15E
    - Iris F-15E Mudhen

And i'm off for vacation to Florida soon....

So no more funds for this beauty for a while :mix-smi:, but is on my whish-list for sure! :salute:

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Really enjoying the Zero:ernae:

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

A few more...

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Members who have read this thread: 7