Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction!

Thread: Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction!

Hybrid View

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    Thanks Bill, I did see that map site one time and forgot to book mark it, I have it on the notebook now for future use... Unfortunatly it may be some time in the future, my media centre (my gaming rig) packed it in this afternoon I go a BSOD when I tried to load a saved game and I have been running diagnstis ever since :isadizzy:...

I am not sure what happened the hardware has tested fine so far, and it does not look or act like a virus, so I am thinking it may either be a bad stick of RAM or the patches that installed Thursday night? I am not to worried about losing anything, my backup system is (always has been anyway) quite reliable and it was not connected so if it is an infection the data on the external should be fine. Regardless it is going to be a major PITA rebuilding the boot drive and OS, then reinstlling all of the apps and games... I was pondering upgrading to Win 7 on the Media Centre or buying a new box with Win 7 preinstalled, I guess I have to $hit or get off the pot now... I know I could build another system, but I would go nuts and by the time I got it the way I wanted it, I would be broke and divorced, Oh the pain...

Keep the bad guys in check for me while I am down, and I hope to be back up and running soon - Ears Hopin anyway...

Man.. I am so sorry Mike.

I hope its nothing big and you get it back to running again.

Be strong Sir..

Remember, you 'might' be able to talk the wifey into a new quad core 1 TB iMac with a 27" high resolution screen... You would still need a Windows disc though.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Boron ships are interesting. Look along the lines of the Vorlon ships from "Babylon 5", meaning organic in nature. Might have to start re-watching that series again.

My favorites though are the Terran designs, especially that Tokyo and the Yokohama. I just love the looks. I think you've noted before Bill, like Mead or McQuarrie.

Guess my only gripe about X3TC is the Jumpdrive. Hate having to buy batteries all of the time. I think there is a mod for an Advanced Jumpdrive. Might have to look into that. Some of these ships, like the Sabres, are pretty limited jump range by cargo space. Annoying. If the pirates can do it...

Sorry to hear about your box, Mike. Hope that gets sorted out quickly!
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    Boron ships are interesting. Look along the lines of the Vorlon ships from "Babylon 5", meaning organic in nature. Might have to start re-watching that series again.

Dain,

Youre right on. They do look like that. Very 'organic' and living, like giant fish. If they were black, they would look like that evil race that was spreading through the galaxy in Babylon 5.

The Boron supply freighters have an interesting look to them. Love the front sections.

I didnt know about a cheat drive that doesnt use Energy cells.. Sounds like a 'futuristic' mod to me. :d :d :d

A new 'fission / dark matter / universal transference dimensional shift drive...' lol...

If you find the exact name for the cheat script, could you post it please? I am off to find it now. I could use it for my new prototype Baracuda.

Has anyone noticed that you cannot 'Hyper Jump into Terran sectors, but you can Hyper Jump out????

Do you know why??? I finally figured it out.

I'll post it in a while so you guys (and ChaCha) can think about it and figure it out...

:d

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

I don't think it's futuristic. Actually can you say that in a Sci-Fi game about the future? LOL

The thought behind the mod, if you have weapons and shield generators, you should be able to use that energy for a jumpdrive. So I think after you jump it leaves the weapons and shields drained, which is fair in my book.

I have done nothing with mods or scripts yet. I was thinking of trying it this week.

SOH-CM-2014
    Found it Dain.

"Free Jump"

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=223425

Can jump to stations as well as points in the Terran Sectors. Does not need gates nor Energy Cells...

Gotta love technology.. (or scripting in this case, lol).

Bill

Hmmm, that's a different one...

I was looking at "Advanced Jumpdrive":
    http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=249069

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    Hmmm, that's a different one...

I was looking at "Advanced Jumpdrive":
    http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=249069

eeeks.. I'll take that one. They might almost be the same, but yours sounds a bit more realistic.

For mine, it would be good for those fast 'airline hops' that have to be done in an extreme hurry. One button push, instant jump....

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    I hope its nothing big and you get it back to running again.
    I am hoping the same, so far all the hardware tests OK, and my first check for virus code came back clean, this leads me to believe it is the Vista update from Thursday night, I should know soon enough???
    Remember, you 'might' be able to talk the wifey into a new quad core 1 TB iMac with a 27" high resolution screen... You would still need a Windows disc though.
    Bill
    ROFLMAO... Oh yeah I might be able to pick up a winning lottery ticket tomorrow to... I would not even try, she wants a new car so anything in the Puter / Guy toy department is not a consideration until we get new wheels... I can still dream, but that's about it.

No fear, I will figure it out one way or another I hae verified the backups so at the most I have a reinstall of the OS and a few days of tweaking to get back to suitable operation. Most of my important apps are also on the second volume so I should not have much trouble getting them running again without the pain of reinstalling.

Back to the drawing board...
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

SOH-CM-2014
    Mike,

Do you have a alternate HD?

If so, can you install that as primary drive, start up Windows or load up Windows on it, then install your original drive as a backup drive..

Then........ (the important part) Go in and copy/paste Windows into the 'original drive' while it is a backup drive.

Then... Power down, switch out the HD's, put the original in main socket, take out the temp HD, and reboot?

EDIT: As I think about it, certain folders many not allow to be copied. So if you had three total HD's, you could boot up one as a temp, link in two that have Windows on them, one being your primary original, and copy/paste from one folder to the other. That way you should have access to system folders via a secondary Windows/Drive/HD... (getting around the usual firewall protections).

Its just a theory.

EDIT 2: If you have old drives that are not SATA and your present board is SATA, there is a clip/wire/socket set, complete with drive powerpack for cheap that you can use to link an older drive into a SATA board. I have two of those kits now and now and then I have to use them for data on an old 500 Gig drive.

Bill