Iris F-16D Released - Page 8
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Iris F-16D Released

Not sure about the bomb counter Peter... I've never been able to get rid of it.. I have a feeling it's hard coded into the FSX engine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Videre Vincere Est
    Yeah (drewl)....GBU's rule!!!:ernae:

Yago9, sorry to hear about your decision. But a man's got to do what a man's got to do.

All the best, mate!
    A skillful painter ya are, thanks for your contributions.

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Videre Vincere Est

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    Not sure about the bomb counter Peter... I've never been able to get rid of it.. I have a feeling it's hard coded into the FSX engine.
    Think it is a pay-off between missions and free-flight, and the ability to do stuff in free flight that normally only could be done in missions. Therefore most likely the only peeps able to get rid of it are the developers of FSX.....
    (unless i'm terribly wrong here)

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Yago

I always hated the fact that hundreds would compliment you, and nothing but silence from your end. No thank you's. Yet when one person worded a statement incorrectly, you'd pounce like a hungry cat.

See ya

MCDesigns
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    EDIT: If any one has any worries about support or issues. Please do register to the forums @
    www.irissimulations.com/phpBB3 and we will be more than happy to help give support.

For the patch, please register to the IRIS Simulations forums.
    READ IT! If you need support for the product, PLEASE let the Iris team do their job and help you out.

Not going to point out individuals, I'll just say it's time to calm down, behave like adults, show a little respect and the next person to cross the line get's the thread closed.

Michael well said, your beers on me :ernae: after all it was an announcement and not a support thread, for support threads head over to Iris, already spotted a few familiar names there

tigisfat
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    Everybody quit bitchin and lets have some honest Asoft-Iris comparisons.

What, are all the complaints not good enough for you, compared to all the happy people with the Aerosoft C model? It sounds to me like you've recieved quite a few fair reviews right here already.

I have all the reviews and comparisons I need to make an informed decision at this point. I'm going to wait about another month to try it, so that some more problems can get ironed out. If they do get ironed out, I'll buy it in spite of the bad publicity. I was a HUGE IRIS detractor for a while, having felt burnt (and seeing others get burnt) numerous times, but their Vulcan was good so I'll give the D model a shot. I'm in it for the sound pack and CCIP.

Now that I remembered: can someone post VC shots please?

JamesChams
    fswidow/other Iris People,

My lawyer, the Law (which governs these issues) and the entire legal system doesn't agree with your "opinions" regarding these matters; so, whom do you think "we" should listen to? All it takes is one "piss-off" customer, one lawsuit, and kiss your business-goals good bye!

So, please, don't take this personal; your in an international market and your priorities should be providing support to your customers; or, give them complete refunds and go start another business that agrees with your philosophy. The business you've choosen (Development of software and the sales/distributions of it) are governed for the protection of the customer at almost all costs. So, please, don't just disagree with me; go seek legal advise so that you can get a better "thinking cap" before you run with your passions and leave a sourer taste in everyone's disposition. Also, nobody's expecting IRIS staff to provide support in this (SOH) forum; IRIS forums are where they should be; but, do let the customers have their say here, instead of on your forums, where it might be counter-productive to your sales/support service agendas.

Finally, I always wanted IRIS to succeed; stop hindering that process and please learn this one simple fact from customer relations - "You are making products for the customer to use; NOT for you to use. So, put their needs as a priority."

Lesson Over; Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by fswidow View Post
    IRIS, David & team are under no obligation to offer support on a 3rd party forum. They may choose to do so, at their discretion but do not have to attend to your every whim, (for that matter they do not have to either on their own forum) on a 3rd party site.

The reference was made very clear by David, and others, that if you tweak any files you void his support options, unless they are tweaks that IRIS or a representative has put out officially, which he has done so.

I'd like to see your links, where did you get the information from? You can send me a PM, keep this topic clean.

In the meantime, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

Warrant has a point, keep it on topic, keep it about the plane. If you have any more concerns about these other issues, please message David or post to their forums directly.

tigisfat
    At JamesChams:

Please take it easy. You're not the only one around here that has lawyers as close friends nor are you the only one the employs them on a regular basis. There are plenty of us here. IRIS probably keeps contact with a legal support system as well.

That being said, anyone will tell you that good faith is 9/10s of a civil or consumer advocacy suit. IRIS is not doing anything illegal. They are not required to provide customer service through any means any customer sees fit. You can't sue a company for refusing to help you if you find an employee of theirs at a restaraunt and demand service. It would be prudent of them to provide limited customer support through these and other popular forums, and they do. In providing official support through their forums and by email you'd be hard pressed to prove in court that they refused customer service. That's the black and white. You can't always have it your way, and the law doesn't agree with you.

On a personal note, I've called out IRIS in a bad way several times, and not one but several members of their development team arrived to attempt to settle matters with me.

Lesson over; good luck!!

At FSwidow: This still is about the plane.

*Sigh* Every time I think this is getting back on track, it gets thrown onto a tangent...

Okay...here's the situation in a nutshell. James, you've had your say as have I.

I'm not going to publicly enter into a flame war or fight regarding what I have to provide or not provide. I am WELL aware of my rights and responsibilities as a sole trader in relation to product support and refunds.

If anyone is unsure of what the terms and conditions mean or allow you to do or not to do prior to installing or purchasing a product, please e-mail david@irissimulations.com and I'll be glad to discuss it with you.

In the meantime, I consider this discussion closed as it's going nowhere very fast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charter Member 2011
    JamesChams, i think the way smudge means is it that if you tweek the config to make it go a little faster/slower, try to add the a2a lights, change a texture and delete a load etc then he'd help where he could. However if you changed out the vc and replaced it with another and then the airspeed read wrong, switches didnt work, features advertised where no longer there etc and demanded he fixed it so they all worked with the other products VC then he would very kindly tell you to sod off
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

I can not believe all the juvenile tantrums displayed here. Unbelievable.
    I thought this forum, of many of the FS places I have been, was one made of folks who kept themselves in check. I have my doubts right about a few days ago.
    Chad (PAAQ)

Bomb count panel

Hi Guys,

To get rid of the bomb count, you just need to right click on it and select 'close window' and its gone.

Gota go 'turn and burn'...

Cheers
    Butch

Guys Guys......for me..i still like de Iris F-16D as well as the AS F-16....

IRIS is IRIS and AS is AS .....still nice work IRIS!!!!!! not too bad at all!

Try this...

Quote Originally Posted by JamesChams View Post
    fswidow/other Iris People,

Lesson Over; Good Luck!
    Mate a good trick to try...

When you buy your next new car, start moding it say... add a Turbo and replace the suspension with a 'sports' version.

Now, should something go wrong with your 'new car' try and take it to your dealer and claim the repairs on warranty.

Please let me know what they say... ! :isadizzy:

Hehehe... I hope this does not come across as being sarcastic its not meant to be, its just an analogy.

V - live long and prosper!

Cheers
    Butch

Vapor

Why is there no vapor separation?

JamesChams
    I'm glad everyone has decided to play nice again and not let things get out of hand...

Thank you Mr. David/IRIS staff for continuing your support and building products for the enjoyment of the public. Now, perhaps, we can all move on and enjoy our purchases without all this unnecessary bickering. And, I can see, some already have.

"Fair-play" restored; my purpose here is over... Good Day everyone!

Now I can look forward to flying the F-16D...

taseal
    Is the HUD collimated?

it doesn't look like it...

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    I agree well said Warrant!
    In my opion this is an excellent aircraft worth every penny!

That's good for me aswell
    (bit expensive, but worth)
    Italo

taseal
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    Yes it is..
    ok cool thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by butchm View Post
    Hi Guys,

To get rid of the bomb count, you just need to right click on it and select 'close window' and its gone.

Gota go 'turn and burn'...

Cheers
    Butch
    Thanks mate, I knew it would be something easy lol!:ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    welcome to the bombing addiction Peter, i must've levelled sunderland by now
    Yeah Sunderland gets it even if I do support the footie team lol, (Don't ask) its kinda fun just blowing stuff up!!

how can you live in Newcastle and support Sunderland? saying that i support Olympiakos.... even the Hellenic Air Force like olympiakos, so much so the actually have a patch for their flight suits!
    Attachment 8938

Just working on a few schemes for the community... can't say what they are but that is all i will say

in addition to that, would anyone happen to know what the text on the underslung centreline tank says, i have the 'Lift here' text placed, just wondering what the rest says....

Members who have read this thread: 6