Iris F-16D Released - Page 4
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Iris F-16D Released

gajit
    The Yago magic is working well :ernae:

xavleb
    hello,

Very nice aircraft and repaints

If you could do this bird, FB-18 of the Belgian Air Component, that would be fantastic.

thanks

A paintkit will be released about the middle of next month.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired SOH Administrator
    Nice shots....can any of you guys post the panel shots, day and night shots...Mike
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

gajit
    Hi Mike

Just for you..

WOW yago9 the IAF F-16D 074 looks great, are you going to release the paint?
    And does any one knows if it is possible to change the HUD to the Aerosoft F-16 HUD?
    Thank you.

Ok, that last night shot has sealed the deal for me. I remember seeing some night shots of the Aerosoft VC and they were using what appeared to be a "flood" light look to illuminate the cockpit. I posted a few lines that said that was not the way the cockpit looked at night, that the cockpit didn't utilize flood lights to illuminate that it was all from the gauges and MFD's. No one ever answered that post, just skipped over it like it wasn't there. The same way they ignored a complete image I sent them showing mistakes in the details of the ejection seat.

That last shot is exactly how it looks in the cockpit at night. . .excellent.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

dhazelgrove
    I'm finding the cockpit canopies a little dark - but then I am running SP1.

"Flying with a wing, a prayer and a hammer!"

Dave

TRIPLESIX
    Pleased to hear you like the night lighting, falcon!
    You can actually choose whether you like the back-light or the flood-light better (or both ), as both are in there, just use the desired knob...

GR-27, why would you like to use the Aerosoft HUD?

yago9
    Quote Originally Posted by GR27 View Post
    And does any one knows if it is possible to change the HUD to the Aerosoft F-16 HUD?
    Thank you.
    yes, it is very possible..You can also change the whole VC to it and i tell you why.....You get much better frame rates (in my case) ,looks much better,easier to start and handle,..You need a bunch of vc textures moved around though,AS f16 panel, but you will loose the rear seat ,if you care for one..you need the correct AS f16 interior model,to mach the ordinace on the wings,that,s the reason i did it only for the clean thunderbirds ,in to a complet different aircraft folder,one texture ,one model..God bless FSX for this feature..you can add the 747 VC if you want .

Videre Vincere Est
    Quote Originally Posted by yago9 View Post
    yes, it is very possible..You can also change the whole VC to it and i tell you why.....You get much better frame rates (in my case) ,looks much better,easier to start and handle,..You need a bunch of vc textures moved around though,AS f16 panel, but you will loose the rear seat ,if you care for one..you need the correct AS f16 interior model,to mach the ordinace on the wings,that,s the reason i did it only for the clean thunderbirds ,in to a complet different aircraft folder,one texture ,one model..God bless FSX for this feature..you can add the 747 VC if you want .
    Won't you loose the view @ the top fuel tanks when swapping VC's (don't recall is top fuel tanks are visible with the Hellenic model by Aerosoft)?

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

lol, lol. . .I guess I'm missing something here. So you guys want to take the Aerosoft F-16 VC from the "C" model and move it into David's "D" model, which apparently causes you to lose the back seat (which is the whole idea of the "D" model) and to what end? So you have what you feel is the better of the two VC's. . .what a slap. Unbelievable.

Current System Specs:

Hi everybody!

In the teaser video by Rule of Engagement you can hear click sounds of the switches (at least the quick start switch) in the cockpit, while in all other videos showing the IRIS F-16 the switches are silent. How is it in the release version, click sounds or silence? And are there sounds for the opening or closing of the canopy?

By the way, is the AudioworX F-16 Soundpack part of the aircraft addon, or must it be purchased additionally?

Best Regards,
    Sven

Videre Vincere Est
    Quote Originally Posted by svogeler View Post

By the way, is the AudioworX F-16 Soundpack part of the aircraft addon, or must it be purchased additionally?

Best Regards,
    Sven
    Soundpack is included

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Videre Vincere Est

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    lol, lol. . .I guess I'm missing something here. So you guys want to take the Aerosoft F-16 VC from the "C" model and move it into David's "D" model, which apparently causes you to lose the back seat (which is the whole idea of the "D" model) and to what end? So you have what you feel is the better of the two VC's. . .what a slap. Unbelievable.
    The AS VC is a piece of art, and so is the IRIS one. IMHO these don't mix. Totally agree with the "why do you want to loose the backseat " part.

If you want to do something fun, record a flight flying from the frontseat (doing all crazy stuff), then replay and position yourself in the backseat. It's lots of fun. Did that with Kirk's Viper in FS9 a lot.:ernae:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

You can also change the whole VC to it and i tell you why.....You get much better frame rates (in my case)
    Better framerates in the Aerosoft VC? Do others who have both find the same thing? Or is it just the combination of IRIS model/Aerosoft VC that gives better framerates?
    David Wilson-Okamura

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
    Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
    A lonely impulse of delight
    Drove to this tumult in the clouds.
    -- W. B. Yeats, "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

gajit
    I have better frame rates on the AS VC but crap external frame rates. Yet great external frame rates on the IRIS external views.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrant View Post
    . . . .If you want to do something fun, record a flight flying from the frontseat (doing all crazy stuff), then replay and position yourself in the backseat. It's lots of fun. Did that with Kirk's Viper in FS9 a lot.
    Yea, now that sounds like fun. I could recreate my backseat ride up at Otis AFB. wooohooo, lol

Current System Specs:

JamesChams

Cool

Mr. Lucian "Yago9,"
    I didn't know that was possible to do that for anything other than the F/A-18 VC; How do you do that for other aircraft?

Can you post a "HOW to do a VC switch" description?

Gracie!
    BTW: The IAF F-16D repaints look awesome.:ernae:

Yeah i'd be interested in that too!

Got some money in paypal from my Dad earlier and picked her up at SimMarket

I have to say, the VC is hard on frames, even on my rig, but only when the HUD and MFD's are on.

It'd be neat to get the Aerosoft HUD in there, with a CCIP addon.

All and all though I'm pleased

On Another Planet
    Ya don't ask me why but most of the Iris products run very hard on my system. The F-14 and F-16 both have very low framerates on my machine. I have a very high end machine and I tend to get better framerates with the AS F-16 than the Iris one. Don't ask me why because I have no idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my sig for my Flickr

Same here.

It has to be the HUD and MFD's.

I just did a short test, Hud on, MFDs off...16-19fps...HUD and MFD's off....24-36

I guess I am a purest in the sense that I buy an airplane to marvel at the realism built in by the designer(s), enjoy the dynamics of flight for that particular aircraft and simply to fly an airplane, that in most cases I will never get the real opportunity to fly.

It never crossed my mind to cut it up into pieces and then switch parts of one airplane with another to make a "better" airplane, immediately after it was released to the sounds of "oh boy I can't wait" and "yep this looks like a keeper" and "great job David".

We seemed to have found another niche for Flight Simulator fans everywhere. . ."The FlightSim Chop Shop".

This thread started out as a release thread, showing off David and triple-six's handy work and giving kudo's to the developers for their hard work and has disintegrated into. . .what can we do to make this better based on my standards. If you want to talk about modifying aircraft to suit your expectations, then start a thread and do it there, don't insult David and the IRIS staff by doing it here.

Current System Specs:

It's not so much insulting, it's just...the VC is hard on frames. I have no problem keeping the stock VC, I just want to be able to fly with MFD's and the HUD above 15-17 fps

Members who have read this thread: 6