Milviz is working on a DHC-2 Beaver! - Page 11
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Milviz is working on a DHC-2 Beaver!

She's out..... how does she FLY????

Ta!

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    Looks nice! Add a set of straight floats and you have a sale immediately!!

Don
    This is just an honest question....why wouldn't you buy an add on that has an amphib version but not straight floats? I mean it's flightsim you can do whatever you want, but the floatplane modeling in FSX P3D whatever isn't good enough to tell the difference. Is it sacrilege lol? Like you have RW experience and you just won't touch an amphib with a 10 foot pole haha?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    This is just an honest question....why wouldn't you buy an add on that has an amphib version but not straight floats? I mean it's flightsim you can do whatever you want, but the floatplane modeling in FSX P3D whatever isn't good enough to tell the difference. Is it sacrilege lol? Like you have RW experience and you just won't touch an amphib with a 10 foot pole haha?
    Was wondering that myself, in the rw, in a place with lakes but no runways where I need to fly for a living, I may not want the added weight, cost, complexity of an amphibian, but those conditions hardly apply here in virtual world.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    She's out..... how does she FLY????

Ta!

Carl
    Beautifully....
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Wonderful jaunt around Friday Harbor........just fantastic! Thanks Milviz for this wonderfully done Beaver.

Can anyone compare the FDE to the old Aerosoft Beaver X? That's been kind of the gold standard bush plane in the sim for a while...

Thanks!

Would also appreciate a few words regarding sim performance, particularly in poor weather, on a less than high-end machine. For me this represents the single most important element in my buying decisions. Is this bird well optimized?

The fde feels pretty good.

Performance on my machine is adequate. I7@4.0, GTX970, 34" monitor @3440x1440 100hrtz and AS16 with typical pnw gloomy overcast is still doable. 30+fps dependant on cloud coverage. Pretty high settings in P3Dv3.4.

Just finished my 2nd flight. Took the amphib from Friday Harbor (water) to Boeing Field.

Cockpit is pretty intuitive. Excellent artwork. Everything works. All switches have sounds. Still have to work on my startup sequence, but hey... it's only my 2nd flight.

Takeoff is straightforward. Love the engine sounds at all rpms. Need to watch MP and RPM just to get airborne. The amphib seemed a little heavier than the standard versions which was nice (or maybe just my imagination).

Once airborne I set the AP with my heading toward KBFI. Setup my Nav1 and ADF without problem, and made a nice ILS landing. Taxing with the ambhib was a challenge cause it doesn't have a tight turn radius. I like the animations for adding passengers, baggage, pitot cover, etc.

Not much more to add except that the flight dynamics seems more realistic than the stock or Aerosoft Beavers. Never did enjoy the AS Beaver X after flying the FS9 version, but that's just me. Did use partial flaps on landing and had no problem maintaining airspeed or decent.

Cheers.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Yes, Ryan, I do have over 1500 r/w hours. That has no bearing on this at all. Amphibs reduce one's useful load. MORE Beavers in the real world are on straight floats by far for that reason. Being I have been flying in the bush in the sim for almost 20 years, I want machines that closely reflect the real world. Rather strange, that for the past 20 years, any Beaver made always had a straight float option. There was a reason. It reflected reality. Of course, designers can do what they want. Buyers can too. If this makes people happy, good for them.

Don

Downloading now, will fly tomorrow and important factor to me!

Prepar3d Version 4 Compatibility: With the recent announcement that version 4 of Prepar3d is due to be released very soon, we would like to let our customers know that we intend to update the MilViz DHC-2 to be fully compatible with this latest version of Prepar3d at the earliest possibility. This will be a free update.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

I can't see any evidence of a two-bladed prop version? Can anyone confirm/deny it is three-bladed prop only? Thanks.

Also, I take it there is no U-6A (and I'm not just talking about the paint scheme!)?

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

I think I saw an option for 2 blades, I will check in a few. Just wanted to go fly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    Yes, Ryan, I do have over 1500 r/w hours. That has no bearing on this at all. Amphibs reduce one's useful load. MORE Beavers in the real world are on straight floats by far for that reason. Being I have been flying in the bush in the sim for almost 20 years, I want machines that closely reflect the real world. Rather strange, that for the past 20 years, any Beaver made always had a straight float option. There was a reason. It reflected reality. Of course, designers can do what they want. Buyers can too. If this makes people happy, good for them.

Don
    Not to digress too much and strictly being curious, not trolling but interesting conversation......

So, in real world, the landing gear adds enough weight to make a vast difference in payload or performance? I can understand amphibs costing more because the retractable gear and associated reinforcing materials. I didn't know most of the planes in FSX modeled parasitic drag and other real world concerns to account for, unless one input them specifically.

Anyway, great looking plane and really curious about the above discussion, since it is a simulation. How real can one make it mirror life?
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Outstanding shots TuFun! She is indeed a beauty.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    I can't see any evidence of a two-bladed prop version? Can anyone confirm/deny it is three-bladed prop only? Thanks.

Also, I take it there is no U-6A (and I'm not just talking about the paint scheme!)?
    Yep, two-bladed props...

Outstanding aircraft... BRAVO Milviz!!!!

Thank you everso much for taking the time to check out two-bladed props!

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Wow, squabble over straight floats?........smh

In the original version (soulmade sim) yes there is a straight float version and it did not come out at the outset either. That said, maybe further discussion between Pete and milviz will bring it as an update. Regardless, milviz has done an outstanding job bringing this version to FSX/P3D and added some features in the process. 2 and 3 blade props, modern navigation options, and some outstanding textures.

Thanks again milviz for updating a classic airplane and giving it a longer life in FSX/P3D.

Quote Originally Posted by ksheadley View Post
    Wow, squabble over straight floats?........smh

In the original version (soulmade sim) yes there is a straight float version and it did not come out at the outset either. That said, maybe further discussion between Pete and milviz will bring it as an update. Regardless, milviz has done an outstanding job bringing this version to FSX/P3D and added some features in the process. 2 and 3 blade props, modern navigation options, and some outstanding textures.

Thanks again milviz for updating a classic airplane and giving it a longer life in FSX/P3D.
    Agree 100% about a great looking plane by Milviz.

Matt

Good looking plane and I'm pretty sure I will get it. But I'm with Bushpounder regarding the lack of a straight floats-model. IMHO, amphibs look fugly in comparison. Hope Milviz will (re)consider adding a straight floats version, maybe as a low priced expansion.
    TFZ-034
    "I fought the law and the law won ..."

You guys crack me up.

Flight simmers are spoiled rotten.

Tufun, what scenery and settings do you use?...those screenies are gorgeous ...so crisp and clear,with great ground textures...looks so real to me..also that topography and vegetation looks a lot like where i live

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    Tufun, what scenery and settings do you use?...those screenies are gorgeous ...so crisp and clear,with great ground textures...looks so real to me..also that topography and vegetation looks a lot like where i live
    Hi Daveroo, using France VFR Corsica Photo HD.

If you guys had watched the twitch video starting about 27:27, Collins talks about a new aircraft... guess what it is? I want that one too!!! Another fury water mammal.

Yeah, he mentioned it would be ready in about four months, maybe. He said the Corsair would be sooner, and made some hopeful noises about the 350i as well.

Members who have read this thread: 0