Boeing B314 "Clipper" released
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Boeing B314 "Clipper" released

Boeing B314 "Clipper" released

So, continuing this thread about status http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-s-B314-Status - the Clipper for P3D v4.5 and v.5.x is out!
    Now on PILOT's store only (link for product page) https://www.pilots.shop/Cms/Ui/Pages...3-3fc455657646 (only for registered people), next in other stores (with a higher price).

MAIN FEATURES
    .) For Prepar3D v4.5 and v5.x
    .) Study level concept, below are some of the many and unique features
    .) Complete Virtual Cockpit featuring accurately simulated Navigation and Radio Room
    .) Sperry Type A Gyropilot
    .) Authentic and realistic 2D-gauges to facilitate realistic engine startup procedure
    .) Prototypes included (Single-Fin, Twin-Fin)
    .) Custom Sound Package by ArezOne-Aviation Soundstudios
    .) Authentic colour matching and simulated original materials
    .) Mooring lights and lines
    .) Simulated Shore Power when the B314 is moored
    .) 4k Textures
    .) Comprehensive manuals about aircraft history, functions and Gyropilot
    .) Navigation aids to feed the Gyropilot for transocean navigation
    .) Just to name a few. Many more!
    .) Get the Manual and Documentation right here!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Interesting vid:

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Looks like a great product but at just shy of $110.00 Canadian, I’m going to pass.
    It seems to me that flight sim add ons in general are getting very expensive.
    I7-6700K @ 4.3, ASUS Z170-P, 32GB DDR4 2133, RTX 2070 8GB, Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv5.3 HF2

Ok, finally Today I installed P3Dv5.1 (I did clean installation) + yes I have this Clipper too finally. I start to reading a lot of materials. After this it will be more expensive ... I must to install Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2 too (necessarily for Clipper), manual how to do for v5 (as addon).
    Last edited by YoYo; October 31st, 2020 at 11:47.

Anybody else dealing with a homicidal sperry gyropilot? I follow the directions to the letter and it appears to be set to "crash into the ocean" mode

EDIT: Also apparently my fuel gauges aren't working.
    Last edited by SH427; October 31st, 2020 at 12:52.
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Quote Originally Posted by SH427 View Post
    Anybody else dealing with a homicidal sperry gyropilot? I follow the directions to the letter and it appears to be set to "crash into the ocean" mode

EDIT: Also apparently my fuel gauges aren't working.
    I didn't tried it yet (still configuring 5.1 in my free time) but I recived Today new email with this info:

Hello all Flying Boat Captains!

That was quick ...

We just (minutes ago) released the first update to your newest acquisition in the hangar or rather "at the jetty".

We cleaned up and eliminated random error messages and also fixed some sound issues.

Please deinstall the current version, redownload and reinstall the new version via your account.

Take care!

The price is a joke
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Few pictures directly from the sim 5.1.

External, it looks really, really GOOD!

Interior. Too dark, its P3Dv5 lighting problem with all models with darker VC. Its possible to solve it using not black textures but grey. Perhaps I'll improve it in the nearest future.

Thinking of getting it but I would have to do my magic on the interior like I did for A2A Coney and B 17 and others.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    I didn't tried it yet (still configuring 5.1 in my free time) but I recived Today new email with this info:
    yup! I got that and downloaded it, reinstalled per instructions, the new sounds are in and even more wonderful, but I'm still trying to deal with the killer autopilot and the malfunctioning fuel gauges.

They must be only selling to upgrade customers right now, because even though I have logged in there is no purchase. But if the reports are correct and the price is going to be 90 euro's, that a bit much for what will essentially be a novelty plane for me.

It does say it does say its a "Study level concept" aircraft, which is probably not something I am looking for. I expect when I get into the virtual aircraft that the virtual co-pilot and virtual flight engineer will do there jobs and allow me to fly.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

yup! I got that and downloaded it, reinstalled per instructions, the new sounds are in and even more wonderful, but I'm still trying to deal with the killer autopilot and the malfunctioning fuel gauges.
    Im learning to start up from cold and dark. Fuel gauges work for me from VC. Use mouse - left / right clicks (not only left).

There are also save files right away with the engine running:

Btw. FPS are very good for me. I was a bit worried about that, but I have no problems here (maybe not like defaul Maule but quite near).

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    Thinking of getting it but I would have to do my magic on the interior like I did for A2A Coney and B 17 and others.
    Why not, its possible .

Different skin:

Do all gauges, levers and switches work ?

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    Do all gauges, levers and switches work ?
    Didnt check whole cockpit (too many!) but looks like yes. You can download manual from PILOTS website before to buy.

btw. if the VC is too dark for you (the first picture) I checked some of modification. Result is quite nice. Its P3Dv5 issue, not in model (its long story on Lockheed Martin Forum about lighting of VC in v5). For P3Dv4 its ok.

Maybe they improve it, if not I'll prepar free set.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    It does say it does say its a "Study level concept" aircraft, which is probably not something I am looking for. I expect when I get into the virtual aircraft that the virtual co-pilot and virtual flight engineer will do there jobs and allow me to fly.
    I was thinking the same thing, but for what its worth, heres my opinion after flying the 377 Stratocruiser and L-049 from A2A and the PMDG DC-6 and then flying this.

The 314 is actually comfortable to fly from the engineers seat. Yes, it is study level but honestly, the fact it is from the late 30s means that everything is on a single layer (unlike learning MFDs in modern aircraft) and there's just enough automation to get a handle on everything by yourself. I wish there was a Captain of the Ship flight engineer to take over minding everything from the back so you as captain could focus on flying the airplane but it's so big and docile that even with my homicidal autopilot, I can still mostly run things from the flight engineers seat comfortably by just trimming the plane alone.

I somewhat cheated by adding a GPS and 3rd party AP gauge, one all the engine tinkering is done, I turn on the AP and can walk away for a while

You have right. It's an issue and I have good news also - they are working on it . Wait for the incoming patch and manually trim the plane for now.

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    I somewhat cheated by adding a GPS and 3rd party AP gauge, one all the engine tinkering is done, I turn on the AP and can walk away for a while
    Oh, no Matt .

This is on my list for sure (if and when new PC finally arrives-sigh!) until then quick question or two - The site shows a lot of screenshots but does not say about Liveries that are shipped - that is is, is there a WW2 BOAC livery included with this?

ala like this:

The other thing is the autopilot - If the vacuum pump source is selected on the engineers panel, and the hydraulic systems pressures (engine oil) are normal perhaps is there an issue in the coding for the AP perhaps for the pneumatic pressure inputs which the old Sperry's required to work? Is engine oil pressure adequate? Either one inop no autopilot functionality which is why they were difficult at times to use pressures going up and down in flight etc. They were 'lazy or laggy systems to use in real life and pressure checks were critical prior to use. The 3 speed valves controlled oil to be used hydraulically full fast kept the valves open and helped get rid of air accumulation but all the way back effectively closed the valves or shut the system off locking it, they must be open full right with minor adjustments in flight. Basically all I remember about them! Only were useful in calm conditions and the aircraft had to be trimmed to hands off Straight and Level condition before use they did not have the capacity to ride turbulence or upset like modern electro servo systems due to pressure and lag but they were not bad lost count of the number of times I used to just disconnect the damn beast and hand fly it until conditions settled down sometimes they didnt. Maintaining them in real life was a dark art, gyros hydraulics and oil pressure plus limited electricals - took a skilled technician to keep them going especially as they wear out - which is why I could always relate to the INOP sticker on the Manfred Jahn C-47 Sperry Gauge on the panel. The safety regulations also meant it did not have to be functional for IFR flight if you had two pilots (the norm with where these were fitted) FWIW.

Looks great and so does that dynamic water in P3DV5.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 359ce6ee1224e0b3449eae7503903125.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Maybe they improve it, if not I'll prepar free set.
    Yes please. When VC start mode will work, would be very useful to help distinguish these "Engine Start button". I am never sure I get them on...

Gérard

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Is there a WW2 BOAC livery included with this?
    No such livery - only few US civil livery.

NX18601 Prototype 3
    NC18601 Honolulu Clipper
    NC18603 Yankee Clipper
    NC18605 Dixie Clipper

and N5KY Sky Lounge TV

We will have to hope that Matt will give us more

Thanks Matt

Gérard

sorry I probably wont, I just dont have the time or interest these days to do paints

although dressed in a WWII PBY scheme would look nice

regardless there is not paint kit for this yet, who knows

You have right. It's an issue and I have good news also - they are working on it . Wait for the incoming patch and manually trim the plane for now.
    I'm glad it wasn't my mishandling of the equipment!
    Also I found the issue for why my fuel gauges weren't working....
    I was running P3D 4.4 and not 4.5, after a long slog of uninstalling and reinstalling (requiring many repairs because I moved my install like an idiot using copy and paste)
    I finally reinstalled up to the latest version of 4.5 and voila! working fuel gauges!

No such livery - only few US civil livery.
    [...]
    We will have to hope that Matt will give us more
    Actually, Stefan related that the B314A is going to be an addon to the 314 package (not sure if paid or not, hopefully free for existing 314 owners) and those will include, I'm sure, the remaining US liveries and the BOAC liveries.

Members who have read this thread: 2