Lady Lex
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lady Lex

Lady Lex

These missions will be of the USS Lexington's early raids thru the Coral Sea.So far 4 missions have been done.I expect to have 7 to 10 missions for this.

Also USS Yorktown early raids starting in the Gilberts thru Midway.There maybe 15 missions for this but not sure yet.

TheBookie

That sounds GOOD
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Looking forward to this.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Some of these will be flown from different perspectives.1 will be with the TBD1 ,1 will be with an SBD and lastly 1 with an F4F-3.

Planes used are Donation Ware and the OH depending on the textures made by UT.The DP file loadouts will be different from the originals.

TheBookie

The first set of missions "Lady Lex" will be ready for testing next week.After I finish Them I start work on the Yorktown missions.

TheBookie

The Bookie,

Any gaps in the paintjobs that need covering?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    The Bookie,

Any gaps in the paintjobs that need covering?
    Thanks UT but I think I have every thing covered for now thanks to you.

When I do the Big E I may need some textures but not sure what yet,that's down the road a bit.

TheBookie

The raids of the Lexington are done,now on to her roll in The Battle of the Coral Sea.

TheBookie

Started on Coral Sea missions and have 3 missions to go to finish "The Lady Lex".That will be 10 missions.

One mission will be you flying at dusk to protect Admiral Grace's cruiser force from the attack by Kates and Vals from the IJN Carriers.

TheBookie

Really looking forward to these new missions. Thank you for taking the time and energy to do this, the creative aspect of our hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by p14u2nv View Post
    Really looking forward to these new missions. Thank you for taking the time and energy to do this, the creative aspect of our hobby.
    Not really much interest in these missions,so I'm just going to take my slow sweet time doing them. Doesn't to be anyone that will miss them.

TheBookie

I can understand why you feel the way you do Bookie. Sad considering the amount of work that goes into missions and campaigns and scenery and aircraft that are all shared freely. One would think that more folks would at least say a simple thank you and acknowledge your work.

It's not like it was back years ago when folks would post enthusiastically and get involved by asking questions and showing some interest in the latest and greatest of projects. Especially when considering that so many of the missions and campaigns are indeed based on actual historical facts. That was a huge draw for me. To think I could actually fly the same missions as flown by so many of the greatest generation of pilots who flew them first was almost mind boggling to me.

IMHO I guess things are so different nowadays that it's OK to be so incurious, yet collect the parting gift(s) on the way out the door.

Icon22 Reply...

TheBookie,

I'm looking forward to getting back into CFS2 and supporting projects after some time away. I appreciate your efforts and continuing the proud tradition of Talon.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

The Bookie,

Some screengrabs might get attention.

An actual upload for people to try might get even more ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    TheBookie,

I'm looking forward to getting back into CFS2 and supporting projects after some time away. I appreciate your efforts and continuing the proud tradition of Talon.
    Rami,

Actually some of these missions were done by Talon,I just reworked and added to them.Some of the techniques he developed weren't perfected yet so weren't used,I added them to the missions.

He also updated a lot of his missions and campaigns but never got around to uploading them,I'm still checking them out to see how many he finished.

TheBookie

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    The Bookie,

Some screengrabs might get attention.

An actual upload for people to try might get even more ...
    I want to put up some screenshots but I need a new keyboard because the key for the views doesn't work right.

I won't upload something that isn't complete.I was going to complete both Lady Lex and the Yorktown missions together bur may just upload the Lady Lex when I complete it.That way I can give people something and work on the Yorktown missions.

TheBookie

I look forward to seeing both when you are satisfied with them
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    I look forward to seeing both when you are satisfied with them
    I now have 9 missions done and I think 12 will be the total.The attack on Shoho I'm still not satisfied with yet.I found some new information during the Coral Sea that I don't think was available when Talon did his Coral Sea missions.These missions are late afternoon when Admiral Grace cruise force was attacked by Kates and Vals and Lexington sent fighters to protect them.There are 3 missions to portray that.I'm sure if Talon knew about them he would have done them.His missions were done 18 years ago and not as much information was on the internet as now.

Now guess who gets first crack at these missions to test.

You Captain Kurt.

ThrBookie

Quote Originally Posted by TheBookie View Post
    I want to put up some screenshots but I need a new keyboard because the key for the views doesn't work right.

I won't upload something that isn't complete.I was going to complete both Lady Lex and the Yorktown missions together bur may just upload the Lady Lex when I complete it.That way I can give people something and work on the Yorktown missions.

TheBookie
    TheBookie: For a fix, you can go into Settings/Controller Assignments and set your views to whichever keys are working for you. Alternatively, if flying in full screen mode, hit alt and in the menu bar above, you ca set the views as desired.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    TheBookie: For a fix, you can go into Settings/Controller Assignments and set your views to whichever keys are working for you. Alternatively, if flying in full screen mode, hit alt and in the menu bar above, you ca set the views as desired.
    Shadow Wolf

I will have the new keyboard by friday.

TheBookie

Library Staff
    I'm looking forward to the Port Moresby Beaufighter missions as well. They would be ideal for christening UT's new Buna airfields scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    I'm looking forward to the Port Moresby Beaufighter missions as well. They would be ideal for christening UT's new Buna airfields scenery.
    kdriver.

There's only the 6 missions done by Talon.I may do more in the future but that's down the road.I also haven't downloaded that scenery by UT yet.

After the Lady Lex and Yorktown I was going to look into his Aleutian missions,15 I think, and clean them up for release.They will also include the Japanese attack on Dutch Harbor.But it will probably be months away.

TheBookie

Library Staff
    Hi TheBookie,

I'm glad to hear both the Beaufighter and Aleutian missions are still on the production line - no hurry!

Kevin

Well this started out to be 7-10 missions but I'm now working on mission 11 with more to go.I found more info so that means more missions.

TheBookie

Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Members who have read this thread: 0