Sim Update 5 can be downloaded
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sim Update 5 can be downloaded

Sim Update 5 can be downloaded

Downloading now!

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

620 Mb and next ... 40 Gb, ups !
    Like the whole new sim (and it's a standard files only, inside perhaps full premium content again....)

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    .... The world map now also features satellite imagery, map labels ....

Map in editor? It will be nice if its true ...

btw. this update resets you keys/buttons also? I hope not, but you can expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    620 Mb and next ... 40 Gb, ups !
    Like the whole new sim (and it's a standard files only, inside perhaps full premium content again....)
    40 gigs? I think I'll wait a bit!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

40 gigs is a huge download task even across modern high speed networks. I never understood why these types of updates cannot downloaded in smaller chunks.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    40 gigs? I think I'll wait a bit!!

Priller
    50% till now (so about 20Gb) in 45 minutes. Not very fast but not bad also. Im still waiting for the first flight in SU5 .

I do hope water wake is a real element of update.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    I do hope water wake is a real element of update.
    Water wake and other effects like dirt and snow are indeed part of the update. One of the forum moderators said that they are only releasing "Release Notes" and not a fully detailed changelog because it would have taken them too much time to compile all the changes... which I think is an extremely poor excuse, the entire point of a changelog is that it is updated as changes are made, not a document drawn up once everything is finished.

But what can you do..

Also, who thought it was a good idea to release the Xbox version worldwide (which requires a substantial day 1 patch) AND Sim Update V all at the exact same time. The servers are getting slaughtered right now, even the official forums can't keep up.

Also, who thought it was a good idea to release the Xbox version worldwide (which requires a substantial day 1 patch) AND Sim Update V all at the exact same time. The servers are getting slaughtered right now, even the official forums can't keep up.
    Now that is FUNNY!!!

Which is why I'm going to wait a couple of days

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

This is DDoS attack . Still downloading / installing.

This is DDoS attack . Still downloading / installing.
    21% after about an hour. 40GB should be about 5-10 Minutes pure download time on my end. I don't think people were ever not interested in a performance upgrade in the FS business.
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Still not in this part of the world...wonder if covid related.We are under a heavy attack

Crap. I downloaded about 3/4 of the update, and the server crashed. I noticed initially that the update being downloaded was just over 38gb, but now, since I am attempting again, the amount says only 15.30gb. Does that mean I am only downloading what was left of the original 38gb?? NC

Apparently MSFS now CTD's if you have live traffic enabled, and they somehow broke how altimeter settings work.

Well, at least Asobo is consistent with breaking something new every time there's an update, so hopefully those get fixed at some point.

I guess the servers are down ATM.
    I managed to get the Windows store part OK but when I start the Sim I get a warning that the online services can't be reached and after loading for a few seconds I get thrown back to the desktop.

Oh well if I want to fly this evening it will have to be in P3D.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Crap. I downloaded about 3/4 of the update, and the server crashed. I noticed initially that the update being downloaded was just over 38gb, but now, since I am attempting again, the amount says only 15.30gb. Does that mean I am only downloading what was left of the original 38gb?? NC
    Probably it has to redownload part of your update Chief. You were probably in the midst of a bigger chunk that didn't download completely and it is restarting that.

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Probably it has to redownload part of your update Chief. You were probably in the midst of a bigger chunk that didn't download completely and it is restarting that.

Priller
    Finished it, finally! NC

I finally got the update to start but I'm a little worried, it says its downloading 22.92 GiB for the standard content but I own the super duper all the bells and whistles version.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Looking forward to hear about the first experiences!!

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Looking forward to hear about the first experiences!!

Priller
    First thing I noticed is the darn brightness is way too bright. Haven't figured out how to turn it down yet.

3 hours in and at 38% and over 15 Gb and I'm still downloading Tutorial Flights.
    I don't do Tutorials - I have no interest in them - My PC has warmed the planet completely unnecessarily for how long?

Polar Bears are dying so I can download Tutorial Flights that I'll never fly.

Man, am I pissed at that.

Updates should have tick boxes for what you want/ need.
    Just need the core flight files, ( which I think represent maybe 5 Gb of the whole thing)

Thank you Asobo. Destroyers of the planet.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    First thing I noticed is the darn brightness is way too bright. Haven't figured out how to turn it down yet.
    Here we are Chief;

Read second paragraph; WORKAROUND FOR THE OVEREXPOSED SKY AND CLOUDS:

https://www.flightsimulator.blog/2021/07/27/best-graphics-settings-guide/

Hope that eases your eyes.

A pleasure to help, Sir.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

I won't be downloading the PC update for a day or two. I've installed the Base sim on my Xbox Series X in about 1hr 40mins, just installed Deluxe and Premium in about 45mins, and I'm currently installing all the World Updates (30+Gb) which might take all night!
    That's OK because the Series X is completely silent.
    I had a quick test flight in the 172 using the Xbox controller for the first time (I have no other compatible controller yet) and it was as smooth as silk.
    Using the left and right triggers for rudder and ground steering was no problem and worked quite well. You can hold the trigger part way in to get the amount of rudder deflection required, and the rudder returns to center when you release.
    The only Graphics option on Xbox is to enable HDR10 if you have a compatible monitor/TV - I don't so it's greyed out. All the other options were synced with my PC options, brilliant!
    The home screen is a bit different, the World Map is in the top right corner and when you zoom in to the World Map you now see the Bing Maps details.

Blog Entries

Off topic. Pet PEAVE, but I hate dialog boxes that tell me something and make me click OK. NO, it is NOT OK that the program crashed. It is like telling me, You have just died, OK? Have a second option that does the same thing but entitle it NOT Ok. The program will still have crashed but at least I don't have to agree, like it is a good thing.

______________________ ___
    |Back to MSFS discussions.| |OK|

Downloading!
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Members who have read this thread: 0