Global AI Ship Traffic V1 for FSX and P3D News and Support - Page 21
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Global AI Ship Traffic V1 for FSX and P3D News and Support

Carl Vokes just released an update of his ship locator which can help you to find ships across the planet when using the Global AI Ship Traffic V2. Carl has once again done a really nice job tracking the more than 1100 ships, over 1800 and 22660+ ship voyages included in the project. This program contains: A folder for Google Earth with the routes shown, the number of the route and what ships are on that route. A sailings list with departures and arrivals of each route. A list of all the ships names and the routes you can find them on.

https://simviation.com/1/search?subm...cator+&x=0&y=0

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 19092106472716112916417782.jpg  

Do not download Syrian Coast from Rikooo

Unfortunately some of my ships have been included in a Syrian Coast project released on Rikooo without appropriate permission - please do not download and install as it is incompatible with the Global AI Ship Traffic Project. If you already did - you should reinstall the Global AI Ship Traffic project overwriting files from the Syrian Coast project. I am trying to get the file removed ASAP.

The Syrian Coast scenery has now been taken down from Rikoooo and will be replaced with a file without ships from Global AI Ship Traffic. For those who eventually installed this scenery and had already Global AI Ship Traffic installed you will have lost maybe 10-15% of the global AI ship traffic as the Syrian project overwrote the sim.cfgs in several ship folders from the Global AI Ship Traffic and removed a large number of ships. I will post a patch over the weekend so that you don't have to reinstall everything.

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

This patch should be done by the guys which have published this Syrian coast project...

RS

Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    This patch should be done by the guys which have published this Syrian coast project...

RS
    I agree! The support you're offering to cover other people's theft is amazing. A very annoying and insulting incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    I agree! The support you're offering to cover other people's theft is amazing. A very annoying and insulting incident.
    Annoying yes, but at least Rikoooo was fast in taking the file down limiting the damage.

Patch to repair dammage caused by Syrian Coast Project

Below is a patch for Global AI Ship Traffic to be used in case you have installed Syrian Coast available on Rikooo.com in January or February 2020. The Syrian Coast project included without permission a number of ships and effects from the Global AI Ship Traffic project and was consequently removed from download by Rikoooo on February 7th.
    The damage occurred when the Syrian Coast project on installation replaced the sim.cfg's in the boat file folders and thereby removed a great number of ships from the Global AI ship traffic.

To repair the dammage please install the files in this patch overwriting the respective folders in your FSX or P3D installation.

The files included in this patch must under no circumstances be uploaded to any site or shared individually or as a whole without prior written permission from me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bumflbaive...affic.zip?dl=0
    Last edited by stovall; April 22nd, 2021 at 19:25.

Thanks, Is this confined to that scenery or is there a concern over Rikooo scenerys

Quote Originally Posted by joe bob View Post
    Thanks, Is this confined to that scenery or is there a concern over Rikooo scenerys
    The problem is confined to the Syrian Coast Scenery. Rikoooo is just the host and probably did the installer without knowing that the developer had used files without permission and that they were altered compared to the originals in a very unfortunate way. Erik from Rikoooo responded almost immediately to my contact and removed the scenery.

I understand it was not their doing,
    I have the Seychelles Islands downloaded from there, and it has lots of ships in the area and I was just wondering if that was something similar.

San Carlos Bay landing

After the issues above I am back on track with the 1982 shipping... Today I tested the first version of the San Carlos Bay landing...

Dave's Intrepid and Fearless joined by a bunch of Round Table class LSTs

The SS Canberra entering San Carlos Bay - this is still not the final version - this will be the civil version, but it is used as placeholder, while I finish the war time version with added heli decks

A type 21 in collaboration between Gary and me… (Gary I still count on your destroyers )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20021606344416112916649681.jpg   20021606302216112916649666.jpg   20021606302316112916649667.jpg   20021606302216112916649665.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by fallenphoenix1986 View Post
    Looking forward to this one, my grandparents emigrated to Canada on her in the early/mid 60's
    It won't be long before I can send you a test version and you can check if they are looking out from one of the cabins

Here a beautiful video with the old first lady of P&O

PS... the first who can tell me the name of the music in this video will be the first to test the HMS Hermes, when she is finished….
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20021607112716112916649748.jpg   20021607065616112916649745.jpg  

"Music in this video
    Song Breathe-Extreme Music/2 Steps from Hell
    Artist Two Steps From Hell
    Album SkyWorld"

Not interested in testing; only wanted to demonstrate how terribly easy it is to find this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    "Music in this video
    Song Breathe-Extreme Music/2 Steps from Hell
    Artist Two Steps From Hell
    Album SkyWorld"

Not interested in testing; only wanted to demonstrate how terribly easy it is to find this out.
    Thanks… as at least I didn't find the link, how did you do?

Thanks… as at least I didn't find the link, how did you do?
    Play the video. Click the Youtube logo along bottom edge of video. That will open it in YouTube with show notes below. Easy Peasy.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Play the video. Click the Youtube logo along bottom edge of video. That will open it in YouTube with show notes below. Easy Peasy.
    Learning every day... that was actually what I tried without luck before, but the surprise was that when I now went back on my GMAX computer where I'm logged in on youtube then the show notes, shows more, than when I was on my other PC and not logged into youtube... but for other videos it is not the same - there I can see the show notes without being logged in... anyway, I happy... beautiful breathtaking music for a grey, rainy and stormy Sunday afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Looking absolutely superb.
    Thanks and thanks for borrowing me the Fearless and Intrepid - with them in I think in the end I will just miss one or two ships from the first 24 hours of the landings. But there is still work to do, but at least today I got an impression of how it will work out in the sim.

PS... If anybody has a low poly Wessex to add that would be highly appreciated... I am better at modelling ships than flying objects...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20021606302316112916649668.jpg  

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

Beautiful for the eye at all times...

Hi kl791,

... steeped in history and a true eye candy...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Canberra.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post

Hi kl791,

... steeped in history and a true eye candy...

Thanks - it has taken weeks to get those rounded shapes right, but she is truely a magnificent ship.

A type 21 in collaboration between Gary and me… (Gary I still count on your destroyers )

She's getting there...

This will form the basis of Coventry, Glasgow, Cardiff and Exeter........then with a little rework and some Loxton bends....Sheffield.

Cheers
    Gaz

Great to see that she is progressing - looking very good

Quote Originally Posted by kl791 View Post
    PS... If anybody has a low poly Wessex to add that would be highly appreciated... I am better at modelling ships than flying objects...
    I modeled a HAS 1 (1 engine 4 exhausts) for the '66 version of the Victorious which you're free to use. If you want a HU5 (twin engine 2 exhausts) I can probably mod it fairly quickly.
    Drop me a PM.

By the way, Henrik, if you still want to make good on the prize for the music challenge, why not offer HMS Hermes for public beta testing? I'm sure all the others watching your ship traffic project won't say no.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    By the way, Henrik, if you still want to make good on the prize for the music challenge, why not offer HMS Hermes for public beta testing? I'm sure all the others watching your ship traffic project won't say no.
    First it must be so far The Canberra kept me entertained for far longer than expected due to all those round shapes… If I had started doing classic ship models with their beautiful curved lines and not modern ships with containers and straight lines the Global AI Ship Traffic would have had only 110 models by now and not 1100...

Members who have read this thread: 15