buying through the game

Thread: buying through the game

buying through the game

ok,ive tried to buy through he game,and it keeps failing,i checked the microsoft store and my correct card on file.what am i doing wrong?..or what might be happening? i cant seem to find a place within the game to input my card,should i sign out of everything and try signing back in?
    any help is appreciated

are you getting any error message or the like? how exactly does it fail -

you need to be logged into the store - MSFS - and probably xbox game bar AND you must not 'log in as administrator' to MSFS... at least - that was always my problem until I stopped doing that
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Dave43H View Post
    ok,ive tried to buy through he game,and it keeps failing,i checked the microsoft store and my correct card on file.what am i doing wrong?..or what might be happening? i cant seem to find a place within the game to input my card,should i sign out of everything and try signing back in?any help is appreciated
    Just a thought (and you probably have done so already!), but have you posted your question on the various MSFS 2020 forums? Do you have Discord? I am pretty much a newbie on Discord, but there are several groups for MSFS (and P3D, XP, etc...) on it, and I would think others may have posted about your type of problem! NC

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    are you getting any error message or the like? how exactly does it fail -

you need to be logged into the store - MSFS - and probably xbox game bar AND you must not 'log in as administrator' to MSFS... at least - that was always my problem until I stopped doing that
    hi heywood,in that upper right of the screen,i get a message that just says ,well 2.one says purchase pending,then it disappears, and the second one says purchase failed..nothing else,but ill try what you say,i did have the bar thing on,and i was signed in as admin..thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Just a thought (and you probably have done so already!), but have you posted your question on the various MSFS 2020 forums? Do you have Discord? I am pretty much a newbie on Discord, but there are several groups for MSFS (and P3D, XP, etc...) on it, and I would think others may have posted about your type of problem! NC
    hi nc,id not heard of discord,if what heywood said doesnt work ill go there,thank you.

hi heywood,in that upper right of the screen,i get a message that just says ,well 2.one says purchase pending,then it disappears, and the second one says purchase failed..nothing else,but ill try what you say,i did have the bar thing on,and i was signed in as admin..thanks
    yeah - that's the message I got whenever I was logged into MSFS as admin...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    @ Dave43

When purchasing an item "in game" through the Asobo Marketplace :

When you start the MSFS game/simulation ... LEFT CLICK ONLY ... on the game icon/app thing .... DO NOT .... right click and run as administrator !

The Marketplace is somewhat buggy.

My last two purchases, I got a "purchase failed, will retry" message, with a note to contact support after 48 (or was it 72?) hours if things didn't resolve.

Both times, the purchase finally "took" in a day or two. I ordered the Aviat Husky and it just magically was in my downloads two days later. The other purchase (an airport) still hadn't shown up after the requested time, I emailed support, and right after emailing support (but before they got to my ticket), it suddenly showed up in my download manager.

So if you paid for something and got charged but it's not available in Content Manager, check again for the next couple of days, and if it still doesn't show up, file a support ticket at https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

I'm generally only using the Marketplace if a plane is only available there, or if it's a plane/airport I want on the Xbox too. Otherwise, I try to buy from the developer's website, as that gives them all the money save credit card processing fees, or OrbX, since they have a good update manager. SimMarket is my third choice (after vetting others' reactions to the product), and Marketplace is my option if it's exclusive or Xbox-friendly.

Dean has announced DC Designs will only be using the Marketplace in the future due to scummy pirates stealing his planes. Totally his call, as it's his business and I understand the frustration of seeing his hard work stolen. At the same time, I hope he continues to focus on civilian planes after the Concorde, because I don't want to pay for military planes that have had to have their gun barrels removed. (I've dealt with the ESRB since its inception in the 90s, and I would be shocked if they changed a sim's E rating just because it has non-firing gun barrels present on a historical recreation of a real aircraft -- I think this restriction is overkill.)

Quote Originally Posted by FlameOut View Post
    @ Dave43

When purchasing an item "in game" through the Asobo Marketplace :

When you start the MSFS game/simulation ... LEFT CLICK ONLY ... on the game icon/app thing .... DO NOT .... right click and run as administrator !
    ok,thank you,much appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks Denny,thats good info..yer a bro

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post

My last two purchases, I got a "purchase failed, will retry" message, with a note to contact support after 48 (or was it 72?) hours if things didn't resolve.

Both times, the purchase finally "took" in a day or two. I ordered the Aviat Husky and it just magically was in my downloads two days later. The other purchase (an airport) still hadn't shown up after the requested time, I emailed support, and right after emailing support (but before they got to my ticket), it suddenly showed up in my download manager.

So if you paid for something and got charged but it's not available in Content Manager, check again for the next couple of days, and if it still doesn't show up, file a support ticket at https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

I'm generally only using the Marketplace if a plane is only available there, or if it's a plane/airport I want on the Xbox too. Otherwise, I try to buy from the developer's website, as that gives them all the money save credit card processing fees, or OrbX, since they have a good update manager. SimMarket is my third choice (after vetting others' reactions to the product), and Marketplace is my option if it's exclusive or Xbox-friendly.

Dean has announced DC Designs will only be using the Marketplace in the future due to scummy pirates stealing his planes. Totally his call, as it's his business and I understand the frustration of seeing his hard work stolen. At the same time, I hope he continues to focus on civilian planes after the Concorde, because I don't want to pay for military planes that have had to have their gun barrels removed. (I've dealt with the ESRB since its inception in the 90s, and I would be shocked if they changed a sim's E rating just because it has non-firing gun barrels present on a historical recreation of a real aircraft -- I think this restriction is overkill.)

I just bought the BD-5J (I had $11 in credit from Microsoft Rewards, so hey, only $3), and I got the "purchase failed, contact support if it doesn't succeed in 24 hours" error message. :-(

So it's not you, it's them.

Sigh.

[EDIT: Showed up in Content Manager about an hour later!]

I just bought the BD-5J (I had $11 in credit from Microsoft Rewards, so hey, only $3), and I got the "purchase failed, contact support if it doesn't succeed in 24 hours" error message. :-(

So it's not you, it's them.

Sigh.

[EDIT: Showed up in Content Manager about an hour later!]
    wow ok thanks

I'd rather say it's an absolute disaster. Since SU5 some Drzewiecki Design and Orbx landmarks packs bought from the Marketplace stopped loading when spawning there, and they keep that way (2 months later), while their Community counterparts (i.e. bought somewhere else) are working perfectly.

I hope Dean will reconsider his plans to sell the Concorde only through the Marketplace. I've been much longing for this aircraft, but I will hardly buy anything from the Marketplace from now on.

ok,ive tried to buy through he game,and it keeps failing,i checked the microsoft store and my correct card on file.what am i doing wrong?..or what might be happening? i cant seem to find a place within the game to input my card,should i sign out of everything and try signing back in?
    any help is appreciated
    Hi , you might done this already but you must have an Xbox account first , and then all the updates in the Store + Windows 10 updates ~ Can you down load anything else from there ? if not try reset .... run .. WSReset.exe

HB

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Stearman View Post
    I'd rather say it's an absolute disaster. Since SU5 some Drzewiecki Design and Orbx landmarks packs bought from the Marketplace stopped loading when spawning there, and they keep that way (2 months later), while their Community counterparts (i.e. bought somewhere else) are working perfectly.

I hope Dean will reconsider his plans to sell the Concorde only through the Marketplace. I've been much longing for this aircraft, but I will hardly buy anything from the Marketplace from now on.

Sorry you are having so many problems with the Market place.

I have two Drzewiecki Design and Orbx landmarks and Dean's Stearman. All work fine, purchased via Marketplace. Hope you can find a solution for a complexing problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    Sorry you are having so many problems with the Market place.

I have two Drzewiecki Design and Orbx landmarks and Dean's Stearman. All work fine, purchased via Marketplace. Hope you can find a solution for a complexing problem.
    It's not only a problem of mine, but a general, well documented issue:
    https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...ter-su5/432352

And yes, I've found a solution: getting those products from another vendor.

well a small update and apology..... seems my bank's fraud department had blocked my card,id sold my boat,and i was making some large purchases and used the card multiple times in one day. thing is,id gone into the bank the day before the money was avalible,took 8 days to be able to use it,and had spent two hours with two bank employees and three different people on the phone,had it all set to keep the fraud department from flagging and locking/blocking the card.so i went in,went through the entire thing at the bank,got it unlocked,went home made 4 more purchases and bam,they locked the card again,i didnt know it,tried to use the card while in the game..it was the locked card that caused the issue,took two days for me to figure it out.

Members who have read this thread: 0