What ever happened to Javier?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What ever happened to Javier?

What ever happened to Javier?

Does anyone know what happened to Javier Fernandez "AKA Thrawn"? He was working on an 80's version of his Nimitz and A USS Midway but, I have not seen him on any boards for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by navychief8 View Post
    Does anyone know what happened to Javier Fernandez "AKA Thrawn"? He was working on an 80's version of his Nimitz and A USS Midway but, I have not seen him on any boards for a long time.

Hi! IŽve been quite a little too busy at work for the last months, but hopefully IŽll be able to resume my work on the 80's version this summer.

Woohoo my Tomcats will nolonger feel awkward being surrounded by superbugs, also said superbugs will no longer feel inadequate every time a Cat traps in their nest

Looking forward to it when its ready, heard you had retired and had long since given up hope of seing the 80's airwing.

Craig
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Excellent news! My Crusaders, Phantoms and Viggies are absolutely craving a Javier made USS Midway . .
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

@Javier

Good to hear that the new carrier may still see the light!
    I am releasing a ramake of the Goshawk soon...and a remake of the Tomcat is in the works. Needless to say, your carriers are in 99% of my test flights and I am still amazed by their quality.

I hope they will work in Flight - as I doubt that the default ones from Microsoft will be that good.

your carriers rock Keep up the great work :salute:
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Javier...

Glad to see you are back. Use your carriers all the time and other than re-flying the default missions every year or so, I dont even remember what the Acceleration carriers look like.

I have a question. In your models, can you change the Meatball from 4.0 to 3.5 glideslope? Or is it hard-coded and stuck at 4.0?

Thanks
    Sludge

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Excellent news! My Crusaders, Phantoms and Viggies are absolutely craving a Javier made USS Midway . .
    Did someone say Crusaders as in F-8? Do we have a native F-8? (besides Virtavia)

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    Did someone say Crusaders as in F-8? Do we have a native F-8? (besides Virtavia)
    Although originally for FS9 there's a FSX upgrade of the excellent F-8E(FN) by Roland Laborie and crew and there are some USN/USMC repaints for it. Back in June there was a thread here that discussed possibly a FSX-native F-8 gunfighter and RF-8G photo bird being developed in the future. I'd love to see both of those birds show up eventually, along with the SOH project S-2 Tracker/E-1 Tracer/C-1 Trader assortment.
    And also count me among those who would love to see a Midway-class CVA in FSX, preferably USS Coral Sea (CVA-43) circa 1968-70.

I know Sylvain Parouty is going to build one! With his Etendard package in mind you know how the quality will be....AWESOME!!

Hank

I thought it was Sylvain who posted on the earlier F-8 thread but wasn't sure. And yes, if the 'Saders would just be the equals of the RFN's Etendard and Zephyr I'd be in hog heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenphoenix1986 View Post
    Woohoo my Tomcats will nolonger feel awkward being surrounded by superbugs, also said superbugs will no longer feel inadequate every time a Cat traps in their nest

Looking forward to it when its ready, heard you had retired and had long since given up hope of seing the 80's airwing.

Craig
    My words Craig!!!

Could we expect that we get the 80Žs Nimitz at the next time Javier? Now that the Team SDB USS Enterprise is released, youŽll have to finish the Nimitz with Tomcats on Deck!

Please, we need "The Final Countdown and -=Top=GUN=-" -Style Nimitz!!!

At last I wanted to say that IŽm very thankfull for your Nimitz and Eisenhower, very very nice Work!

Javier,no comment? I really hope that he's doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn View Post
    Hi! IŽve been quite a little too busy at work for the last months, but hopefully IŽll be able to resume my work on the 80's version this summer.
    Does anyone kknow of any updates..?

Me alegro enormemente de saber que sigues en activo. Un abrazo

(Glad to see you again)

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    And also count me among those who would love to see a Midway-class CVA in FSX, preferably USS Coral Sea (CVA-43) circa 1968-70.
    Any one off the two but since I said 2 better make it USS Midway (CVA-41) +2 if you cannot decide ... In any case when this class gets launched the cry will then going out for a Phantom

Oh yeah, please give us a phantom.. it has to be one of the more sort after planes in fsx surely
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by AusWilko View Post
    Oh yeah, please give us a phantom.. it has to be one of the more sort after planes in fsx surely
    more sort after planes...??

Quote Originally Posted by snow_white View Post
    more sort after planes...??
    wanted plane... sorry, writing when relaxing on R&R with a home made scotch or three is not so wise

Central reservation of the M62 in God's Own County.
    Quote Originally Posted by AusWilko View Post
    wanted plane... sorry, writing when relaxing on R&R with a home made scotch or three is not so wise
    PSST! Is the still on wheels? Do you export to the UK?
    MickeyD

/whisper/ you can buy all the stuff in a corner shop, all of my friends make it as well, can do a top notch bottle of scotch or bourbon or any sort of drink for about 9 bucks versus the 50 odd in the shop, got a wash on now to make a honey scotch and a honey bourbon for the inlaws to take away with them, my wife drinks a choc mint liqueur I make or a strawberry cocktale mix, I enjoy a smokey oak flavoured scotch /whisper/

On topic, flying off carriers has reinvigorated me with fsx, I was in a slump but this has got me flying again and realy enjoying it- a huge thanks to the talented people who make this possible :salute:

Another year passed by and no 80's Nimitz (home of the Jolly Rogers)... Maybe when the Aerosoft F-14 is out, we will hear something?! Javier?! Javier?! ...knock knock...

Just wondering if Javier is still designing creations? His carriers are so great, and I personally believe they are one of the best creations, ever, for flight simulation! NC

Afaik Javier is still working on flight simulation add-ons. Like most of us developers (which do not do this for living) I guess that finding the time for flight simulation may be difficult.
    I had the chance to see a bit of his latest experiments and they look really cool and very promising.
    I am not sure I cannot disclose the project - but it will be worth the wait.

In any case, his Nimitz is surely a masterpiece - and the fact that it still looks fantastic after so many years is unbelievable.

Members who have read this thread: 54