RAF Fayid, Egypt

Thread: RAF Fayid, Egypt

RAF Fayid, Egypt

A new part of the world and a new theater

RAF Fayid, Egypt FS9

initially a landing ground before WW2, Fayid was one of a number of airfields developed on the east bank of the Suez canal,
    70 miles northeast of Cairo . opened in December 1940, became home to RAF Wellington bomber units, later B24's of the
    USAAF 9th airforce for operations in the Balkans esp raids on the Polesti oilfields. Training units for commonwealth
    Tomahawk and the RAF's first Marauder sqd's also made Fayid home aswell as PR Spitfire's and RAF C47 transports for supply and agent dropping to partisans in Yugoslavia.
    1956, airfield was abandoned after attack's by Royal Navy Supermarine Attacker's during the Suez crisis

You'll need my Manston 44 scenery, and the recently uploaded Ted Andrews RAF building library.
    find both in the SOH FS9 scenery library

A bit shot on correct vehicle's, but found some by Edmundo Abad that fit the bill

For traffic you will need ---jyai_b24_fs9_1.zip by John Young from Avsim
    the paint is'nt correct but close enough to the unit's station'd at Fayid

RAF Fayid, Egypt FS9

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Scenery

Description: RAF Fayid, Egypt for FS9, history and traffic, object details in read-me

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit RAF Fayid, Egypt FS9
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thanks Ian. So far we didn't have much scenery in this region.

Cheers,
    Huub

Your welcome, Isamlia is only a few miles north, so Wesseley's are probably a familiar sight in this area

Thanks Ian,

I've seen many B24s, both static and flying. But so far I only came across this one and not a Wellesley in sight.....

And no, it is not the FCS one!

Cheers,
    Huub

Mr Cook's, im guessing His models make ok Ai. If you release that , i can knock up an alternative traffic file

Ian, will this possibly work in FSX?
    Greenhouse357

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Mr Cook's, im guessing His models make ok Ai. If you release that , i can knock up an alternative traffic file
    No its the Alphasim one. Can't really be used as AI and static aircraft is my experience. (I had a package installed for the FCS airfield.)

"airfield was abandoned after attack's by Royal Navy Supermarine Attacker's during the Suez crisis"

I've read everything I can get my hands on about Suez, but never heard a reference to any Attackers being used. What's the scoop on these - an Attacker would look rather nice in those yellow/black stripes!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkiester View Post
    "airfield was abandoned after attack's by Royal Navy Supermarine Attacker's during the Suez crisis"

I've read everything I can get my hands on about Suez, but never heard a reference to any Attackers being used. What's the scoop on these - an Attacker would look rather nice in those yellow/black stripes!
    Thats me having a brain melt, i obviously meant Hawker Sea Hawk's . Attacker's missed Suez by 2 year's, being withdrawn from front line service in 54

No its the Alphasim one
    Shame, but im loving the lattice work

Ian, will this possibly work in FSX?
    Probably not, unless your familiar with ADEX and Sbuilderx, to change the background.

Ok, thanks Ian.
    Greenhouse357

Members who have read this thread: 0