FSX SDK Object Placement Tool

Thread: FSX SDK Object Placement Tool

FSX SDK Object Placement Tool

Hi everyone,

I tried my best to install the SDK kit but everything what I do doesn't work!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=437716297

Here I found a little tutorial about how to install the kit but I dont know what I did wrong, I even dont have the pop up when I want to start up FSX about Starting the addon so I guess FSX doesn't see the Kit not yet.

For FSX-SE Edition ^
    Is there anyone who can help me so I can fly the Chinook with slingload?

Kind Regards,
    Timo Brouwer

update:

I've installed it and managed to export a mission as .XML but now I have to convert it to BGL, I dont have a BGLCOMP in my normal FSX-SE folder so I used the SDK kit from P3D but when I put the .XML file on bglcomp.exe the command screen pops up very quick and doesn't do anything stil have .XML files......

Quote Originally Posted by TimoBrouwer View Post
    update:

I've installed it and managed to export a mission as .XML but now I have to convert it to BGL, I dont have a BGLCOMP in my normal FSX-SE folder so I used the SDK kit from P3D but when I put the .XML file on bglcomp.exe the command screen pops up very quick and doesn't do anything stil have .XML files......
    Which P3D bglcomp are you using? I think it should be the v1.3? Certainly not V4 or V5, as those are 64 bit. I forget which was the first 64 bit version of P3D.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Which P3D bglcomp are you using? I think it should be the v1.3? Certainly not V4 or V5, as those are 64 bit. I forget which was the first 64 bit version of P3D.
    Nope I use V4 and when I put the xml file as a scenery on the bglcomp he does his work so i have a bgl file but when i paste this file in my addon scenery folder - scenery i dont see my work

Nope I use V4 and when I put the xml file as a scenery on the bglcomp he does his work so i have a bgl file but when i paste this file in my addon scenery folder - scenery i dont see my work
    Yes, I'm pretty sure V4 won't likely work for FSX:SE since it's 32 bit. In fact, I think V3 might work, too.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Yes, I'm pretty sure V4 won't likely work for FSX:SE since it's 32 bit. In fact, I think V3 might work, too.
    I installed the V3 from P3D and I still got the mission files who dont want to be converted into BGL and the mission files who dont want to be seen in FSX I dont know why this is happening

You want the P3D v1.4 SDK

I don't think it's listed on the P3D site any more, but the link is for the download from Lockheed Martin.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

I installed the V3 from P3D and I still got the mission files who dont want to be converted into BGL and the mission files who dont want to be seen in FSX I dont know why this is happening
    And why if I have the BGL files and I put it in the Addon Scenery - Scenery folder I dont see my scenery or I have my mission finished and I put it in Documents - Flight Simulator X Files I dont see where I can load my mission

And why if I have the BGL files and I put it in the Addon Scenery - Scenery folder I dont see my scenery or I have my mission finished and I put it in Documents - Flight Simulator X Files I dont see where I can load my mission
    You also have to add the scenery into FSX through the Scenery Options menu. Adding it to the directory is not enough.

Missions don't go in Documents... that's for "Flights" which you access under "Load" from the front page. Granted the extension is the same.
    Missions go in the FSX directory in the "Mission" directory. Follow the directory structure there, there's plenty of examples.

Members who have read this thread: 0