Accu-sim T-6 Texan video - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Accu-sim T-6 Texan video

I think A2A has another winner!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I flew a Texan ,in the front seat, at Warbird Adventures in Kissimmee, Fl:
    http://warbirdadventures.com/

What a blast!
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Quote Originally Posted by T6flyer View Post
    The T-6 is every way a Warbird having seen combat in so many places....Korea, Angola, Mozambique, Kenya, Algeria, Sahara etc etc. Not just a training aircraft either, but one of the best and most used ever.

Martin
    Yes, You have right for sure but it was incidental events and isn't the main role of NA T-6.

BUT...

.... in many movies Texan served as "Zeke" .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I can only imagine the multitude of repaints that the this plane will generate. I bet this'll be a record-seller for A2A...equally appealing to both the warbird and GA crowd. Can't wait!
    -Mark

I can't wait! I've always loved the sound of the T6 and seems that no one has captured that until now

Any SNJ relation

Wonder what differences there are between the AT-6 and the SNJ except for the obvious USAF/USN. As far as accuracy goes, would SNJ repaints of this AT-6 pass muster?

Holy. Freakin'. Cats. I remember posting to the A2A forum some years ago where a T-6 was discussed. This is EXACTLY what I was hoping for in a Texan - and more.

Bravo, A2A!

N.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    Texan not fast enough for ya, Ryan?
    Pretty much

Does look beautiful though - their modelling seems to improve with every new addon. Love the canopy modelling.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

I hear you.

The speed's going to be a slight adjustment for me - I've gotten used to the Spit and the Mustang - but I'll deal with the tradeoff for the sake of those graphics... and being able to push the canopy open and motor along on a nice warm day...

Until I kill myself trying to land and taxi the thing, that is...
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

All this talk about speed...back in the day, this was a hot rod for all of the WWII pilots in training, and the first serious taste of real horsepower. Many pilots would have just finished mastering the Stearman Kaydet, with only 220 hp engines. Jumping into the AT-6, with its 600 horses, was a major step up. Putting the aircraft in a dive, and taking it down low, buzzing corn fields, even if you're only indicating 200 mph or so, it still seems like you're going fighter-speed.

From the book Fighters of World War II, by Jeff Ethell and Robert Sand:

"The AT-6 was the first dose of real horsepower given to Army Air Force Cadets and they took to the beefy trainer with unbridled enthusiasm, much to the horror of local townspeople who were constantly buzzed and chased at all hours of the day and night. It was intoxicating to ride behind 600 horsepower with the canopy slid back and the landing gear tucked up. A pilot's first taste of "rat racing" in trail, leader trying to shake those following, came with the Texan."

"Once we got into advanced training with a hot 600 hp airplane, we flying cadets considered it the hot rod we never could afford during the Depression. We could cruise about the Texas plains after dark, harassing train crewmen to the point of serious injury. We would spot a slow freighter ambling down the track, fly ahead of it for several miles, turn and meet the locomotive at cab level, and wait until we were right on the engine before turning on one landing light. The engineer would know that he couldn't avoid a sure collision, and order the fireman to jump before the "other train" hit. The engineer promptly slammed on the brakes and ground the wheels flat as the AT-6 roared overhead and we hightailed it back to base with our night flying training completed. This was great sport for both Army and Navy pilots." - William Bell, an AT-6 flying cadet.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

With the Mustang repaint I recently released of "Bald Eagle", there was some talk about its once owner, James Beasley Sr. The first airplane he owned was a Cessna 182, purchased around 1973. The next step up for him was the Aerostar 600, which he purchased in 1976. In 1979, he purchased the Mustang that would become "Bald Eagle", but before that, he also purchased an SNJ/AT-6, which he flew for about a year in order to get ready for flying the Mustang (though he was already experienced in taildraggers, flying Cubs and Citabrias). Even when the Mustang was completed, he kept the SNJ/AT-6 and continued to fly it regularly - and this is the same case for most all of the high performance warbird owners - despite owning Mustangs, Corsairs, P-40's, Spitfires, etc., there is usually always an AT-6/SNJ/Harvard that is also kept in their ownership and flown regularly.

For those who are going to be owning and flying high performance single-engine WWII fighters, I think in the US the insurance companies require that you get at least 200 hrs of flight time in an AT-6 first, otherwise they won't insure you. Also, you won't probably find anyone to check you out/sign you off in any of the single-engine WWII fighters unless you have that same amount of time in the AT-6 (and with a lot of that time piloting from the back seat).
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Points taken, John. Actually I'm fine with the speed and the power. Ryan, on the other hand, is a man in a hurry...

Granted that they're all more than fast enough... but in the narrow range of P-51 vs. T-6 comparisons... who was it who said that "it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slowly"?

Some similar principle might apply here.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

AT-6, the warbird. Espirtu Santo, New Hebrides, 1943.

AT-6, the warbird. Korea.

Great photos , last one .. I heard of putting the wing on .. that guy is going above and beyond !

Ex-Portuguese Air Force now flying at Duxford...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AA%u00252BT6%u00252Bsolo.jpg  

Interesting group photo, never seen that one before. Weird in that they all appear to be either T-6Ds and Fs. Can't see a LT-6G anywhere!

Cheers,

Martin

Blog Entries
    Whew that flak or cannon shot to the right wing would have been the end for most warbirds!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Can't wait to take this bird through the Grand Canyon at river top level...
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

I did this pictures on Malta this year. Naked Texan ; ))) .

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

There are so many of these based around where I live (Twin Cities, MN), that I've often just about taken them for granted over the years. Usually during the summer, a week doesn't go by without seeing at least a couple, and sometimes as many as 4, 5 or 6 flying overhead in formation (I also have a very trained ear to be able to tell the difference between when an AT-6 flies over and when a BT-13 flies over (also based near me, and regularly flying) without looking). For most of the Texans in these photos, by Max Haynes, if I don't see them at the airport, I see them over my house on a regular basis.

Were it not for the pilot.. that shot of 811447 could easily be one of your screenies John

ATB
    DaveB

Fantastic shots!

Members who have read this thread: 0