AH DHC-1 Chipmunk Chippy has landed 6/24

Thread: AH DHC-1 Chipmunk Chippy has landed 6/24

Hybrid View

In order to have a pilot in front of you if you choose the rear cockpit or a pilot behind you if you choose front, we have to have the pilot nodes in the interior model. This differs from having those nodes in the exterior model as normal. This is why you are seeing the pilot in your custom view. The only way we can change that is to lose the ability to have pilots in view when in the VC. We do not want to lose this feature as it has been asked for by many people.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    In order to have a pilot in front of you if you choose the rear cockpit or a pilot behind you if you choose front, we have to have the pilot nodes in the interior model. This differs from having those nodes in the exterior model as normal. This is why you are seeing the pilot in your custom view. The only way we can change that is to lose the ability to have pilots in view when in the VC. We do not want to lose this feature as it has been asked for by many people.
    So something between a plague disease and a smallpox, no choice is right . Ok Baz, it makes sens for me, it sounds resonable. So maybe I'll do new default view for myself. Where can I edit this default view in virtual cockpit? Can you suggest something?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    So something between a plague disease and a smallpox, no choice is right . Ok Baz, it makes sens for me, it sounds resonable. So maybe I'll do new default view for myself. Where can I edit this default view in virtual cockpit? Can you suggest something?
    I can suggest you read the manual. In particular page 3. You are looking for an eye catching red box which details exactly how to remove both or either figures.

RTM please! Time and effort was put into it and it answers this very question.

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    I can suggest you read the manual. In particular page 3. You are looking for an eye catching red box which details exactly how to remove both or either figures.
    It was posted before here, but 0 lb removes also pilot from external view, what is worse even.

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    YoYo, I've had this problem before with other aircarft, a simple fix is to change your view to something like the Landing view (I have a button assigned to it for just this very purpose). It always works for me.
    Ian, I checked, but "landing" here is external view over the left wing, not from VC view.

BUT I finally solved it, I created new pilot position and now is much better, I dont eat front panel .

Go to (for example) to civilian version:

MSFS\Community\ah-chipmunk\SimObjects\Airplanes\AH-Chipmunk-CIV , open cameras.cfg

and in the [CAMERADEFINITION.0] so first position change this lines:

InitialXyz= 0, 0.113001, -0.19139
    InitialPbh= -4.17872, 2.026807, 0.758479

Save it. You can do the same for MIL version. Now its great!
    (more about how to modify default views https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...tion/341582/11)

btw.
    Pls dont do the same in DC-3 with pilot body. Custom cameras are very useful.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The lady began to accompany me.

Very nice screenie.

Originally Posted by bazzar
    Very nice screenie.

Thx Baz, the model looks great so it looks good in the pictures .

btw. I found next issue, Direction Indicator (sorry for that!), I collect all my notes and will send an @.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=YoYo;1293088]It was posted before here, but 0 lb removes also pilot from external view, what is worse even.

Ian, I checked, but "landing" here is external view over the left wing, not from VC view.

BUT I finally solved it, I created new pilot position and now is much better, I dont eat front panel .

Go to (for example) to civilian version:

MSFS\Community\ah-chipmunk\SimObjects\Airplanes\AH-Chipmunk-CIV , open cameras.cfg

and in the [CAMERADEFINITION.0] so first position change this lines:

InitialXyz= 0, 0.113001, -0.19139
    InitialPbh= -4.17872, 2.026807, 0.758479

YoYo, I think it's just changing the (internal) view kind of resets the cockpit view. I've had this problem with a few aircraft including one of the "stock" aircraft. Glad you solved your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post
    Nice paint!

Yes, that is a great scheme. I look forward to re-painters getting busy. There are so many neat RAF colours for the Chippy. Interestingly, look at the very front of this example. Looks like a hint of the Red/white/grey scheme in a replacement part.

Members who have read this thread: 0