Problems with antialiasing and texture filtering in DX10

Thread: Problems with antialiasing and texture filtering in DX10

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Paul J View Post
    The pics are too small to get a good view of aa problems.
    In the picture of the Dragonair A320 where you can see its starboard side, can you see that the asphalt surface looks very grainy? I think that has to do with the anisotropic filtering not working correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by The320Pilot View Post
    In the picture of the Dragonair A320 where you can see its starboard side, can you see that the asphalt surface looks very grainy? I think that has to do with the anisotropic filtering not working correctly.

The pics are too small to get a good view of aa problems. This is what AF set wrongly looks like - more "blurry" than "grainy". Can you post your fsx.cfg, please?

pj

i7-4790K@4.8 gig, using EK-Supreme HF waterblock, LG 43" 4K; MSI 2060; 32 gig G.Skill Trident GTX @2400; Win 10-64; Homebuilt cockpit; MD-80-style throttle quadrant; TrackIR5

Quote Originally Posted by Paul J View Post
    Can you post your fsx.cfg, please?

pj
    I had to insert it as fsx.txt instead of fsx.cfg. Everything else has left unchanged.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by The320Pilot View Post
    I had to insert it as fsx.txt instead of fsx.cfg. Everything else has left unchanged.

That's fine, 320. It doesn't matter too much - some forums won't allow "cfg" that's all. "txt" is easy to work with, and I'll get at it right now.

Back later.

pj

i7-4790K@4.8 gig, using EK-Supreme HF waterblock, LG 43" 4K; MSI 2060; 32 gig G.Skill Trident GTX @2400; Win 10-64; Homebuilt cockpit; MD-80-style throttle quadrant; TrackIR5

560Ti comparison

Your FSX.cfg shows the Intel GPU being used for DX10, 320 - not the Radeon. I think you need to disable this so that the laptop will use the Radeon, and without knowing what laptop you have - I can't tell you how to do that.

The good part of that is that when you do have the Radeon in place you can use 2x or 4x AA (maximum), and it will look fine.... 16xQ CSAA will pull a high-end system to it's knees. 2x is probably the very highest this system should use.
    Read the "How-To" pdf for the ATI/AMD settings and the BufferPools pdf to figure out your BufferPool settings (this is not too necessary). FYI Bojote's On-line Tweaking Tool is four years old, and is based around the DX9 API.

fsx_chgd.txt

Come on back here if you have other questions as you progress through this process - ok!

All the best,

pj

Even though my "first" GPU is the Intel HD3000, I can tell that FSX runs on the ATI Radeon 7670M (or at least that is what I think). I have tried changing the [DISPLAY.Intel whatever] to [DISPLAY.Radeon (then, generic name of the GPU that the computer recognises)], but It was no better.

I have checked FSX in CCC to run in high performance , i.e. with the ATI card. I will change my settings to run FSX at 4x AA, but all what I want is FSX to work in DX10 with antialiasing, something that I have not been able to achieve yet.

Intel 3000 is the integrated GPU, ATI Radeon 7670M is the dedicated GPU in my HP Pavilion Notebook g4-2380la. Oh, I run Windows 7 x64.

Thanks for taking your time to help me out with FSX DX10!

Members who have read this thread: 27