The Piper PA-28 Cherokee is a family of two-seat or four-seat light aircraft built by Piper Aircraft and designed for flight training, air taxi and personal use. The PA-28 family of aircraft comprises all-metal, unpressurized, single-engined, piston-powered airplanes with low-mounted wings and tricycle landing gear. They have a single door on the right side, which is entered by stepping on the wing.
The first PA-28 received its type certificate from the Federal Aviation Administration in 1960 and the series remains in production to this day. Current models are the Warrior, Arrow, and Archer TX and LX, and the Pilot 100 and i100. The Archer was discontinued in 2009, but with investment from new company ownership, the model was put back into production in 2010.
The PA-28 series competes with the high-winged Cessna 172 and the similarly low-winged Grumman American AA-5 series and Beechcraft Musketeer designs. (From Wikipedia)

I have a friend at church who owns a Piper P28-180 and I always share my flightsim with him. I wanted to find one like it or similar so I did a Google Search and came up with beside Justflight and A2A (I own A2A's FSX model) payware, a number of freeware ones really quite nice. The best is from Commercial Level Simulations which once upon a time WAS payware but now a few years old they are offering for free. Simshack offers it. BUT, a big but because I like simshack a lot personally having bought a number of things from them, as soon as you try and install your download it asks for a registration which is NOT provided in the download or online at their site. So...since they say for support go to CLS I went there to find that they also offer a download there for free WITH a registration right on their download page. I installed it and it's really nice with 7 repaints and 4 different panel backgrounds and beautiful instruments in the VC.

There is also a free download from Flightsim.com https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib...rchid=94594295 is a Piper Arrow III by Hauke Keitel of Germany who has made quite a number of German aircraft also available there. It is a "port-over" from FS2004 so it won't work in P3D, and the glass is not perfectly clear. George Tovato tried to do a "fix" by altering the Alpha layer of the bmp's but that did not really work. I tried to also with not much luck either. It's too bad because it has a really nice, clear VC as well and I was able to add the GNS530 and GNS430 into the VC with no problem at all like a real panel I saw online.

I don't keep all the repaint variants of any aircraft I install but make a copy of the aircraft.cfg and then a trick I found out by accident put model = "X" as long as there IS no model X and they all disappear except the one I want in the airplane selection menu in the sim. Here are some screen shots:

The first two are of the Hauke Keitel Piper you can see in the VC the foggy window glass. Also note where I added the two FS9 GNS 530 and 430

The second two are of the CLS Piper Arrow