I'm still semi-absent, using a computer in my local library to get on line for a little while most mornings. My Win7pro rig has trashed its main internal drive, and rather than replace just the drive on such an old rig, the plan now is to build a new one from scratch, then recover and restore everything from my old system from backups, giving me a brand new Win7pro system with all new hardware. That poses a question. My techie friend who will do the build has been doing some perusing of the available hardware and he's all excited that processors can now be had with up to ten cores. The thing is, I only have one program that uses any significant amount of processor power: FS9. I seem to recall reading that FS9 was written from old single-core processors and can only use one core. I started with FS9 on an old single-core rig, then moved to my recently deceased rig with a four-core processor. The processor was much more powerful than its predecessor, but it didn't seem to run FS9 and faster or smoother or better in any way than it had been. My techie friend knows all about computers but he doesn't know anything about FS9, so he's uncertain about this. So - does anyone know - is it possible that a multi-core processor would reduce the power available for FS9, so that I should shop for a processor with the least number of processors that I can get?