Galloping Ghost for MSFS

Thread: Galloping Ghost for MSFS

Threaded View

Galloping Ghost for MSFS

Hello boys,

I am not an A2A or even Asobo developer but I have an old project in my cartons that I would have liked to share with you.
    In 2008, I found on Simviation a Gmax project of a mythical racer "Precious Metal" and I had some fun with GMax to see what this plane could give under FSX.

Much later, I discovered in 2011 the fabulous Galloping Ghost, a racer derived from the P51-D, pushed to its extreme limits both in terms of structure and engine with an incredible cooling.
    I had started to realize it under Gmax then with MSFS I switched again this old project under this 3D modeler. Here is the state of progress of this project which has already been compiled and is now under MSFS.
    Some details are not implemented (outputs for cooling system, virtual cockpit) and others can be suppress (trim rudder for exemple) what don't exist on the prototype.

It is very far from being finished but with the release of the Reno Addon, I wanted to share these pictures with you.
    If in terms of textures and 3D rendering, I don't pretend to compete with A2A, I hope at least to be able to push the flight model a little further than the current P51s that come with Reno addon.

I may also decide to take Bill Cook's Gmax project about Precious Metal (https://simviation.com/1/search?subm...+metal&x=0&y=0) of course with your permission and port it to Blender/MSFS to have a serious competitor to Galloping Ghost.
    By the way on flightsim.to there is already a modest scene representing KRTS/Reno and its racing tracks. It is less elaborated than the one of Asobo but honestly I already had a lot of fun with my first version of "Galloping Ghost".

My Canso PBY-5 is not finished and I continue to works on it. Currently, I am adding a complete VC and modify water drops effects
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2021-11-20-144436.jpg   2021-11-20-144056.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 1