Well in aviation they say that a mishap isn’t just the result of one thing it’s always a chain of events that lead up to the accident. Well in this case it kind of follows the same thinking. I have my computer tower sitting on a pedestal next to my computer desk. It sits lower than my desk and I keep the panel open to the air to get better ventilation. While I was working on doing some texture work on a UH one Huey and my water bottle was sitting on the right hand side I inadvertently bumped it, it fell down along side the computer, I heard a loud pop and everything went dead.

I disconnected everything from the back of the computer, took it outside, hooked up my compressor and blew out everything and as near as I can tell the water only hit the area where the power supply is mounted. I am hoping that it’s nothing more than the power supply that short circuited and it has to be replaced. However worst case scenario would be that not only did it short circuit but it also sent a surge that burned out the motherboard. If that happens to be the case I will not be back. If I had the money to replace the motherboard and any other components that might’ve been hit by the surging power supply I would have done that sometime ago in order to be able to use the new flight Sim, MSFS, but that’s not the case.

Time will tell. For now, at least I have my iPhone to communicate.