Hi,

What started as an simple A-4 repaint turned into a quite large project... So here are some screenshots of NAS Willow Grove and Navy and Marine reserve aviation in the early 1980s. The A-4 is Dino’s echo painted up as 150121 of VMA-131 in the early TPS scheme with large contrast roundels.

NAS Willow Grove has been made from scratch as it was not much in P3D. Started with a sat image overlay and got going. I’m no scenery guru, so only available objects have been used.
The AI traffic has been built up to represent Willow Grove based units in 80-82, including custom textures with individual ac serials; A-4Es of VMA-131, C-118B of VR-52, P-3A of VP-64 and CH-53A of HMH-772. Also a few other visiting aircraft, mostly F-4s.

I don’t know which ramp which were used by the different units, any help is much appreciated!

The quite famous airpark at the time with German, Japanese and a few post war navy assets close to Easton road, has also been included with available static ac models. The Fury, Cutlass and Me-262 have got a coat of paint to make them look like the real static aircraft at the time.

1 by Jens-Ole Kjølberg, on Flickr

2 by Jens-Ole Kjølberg, on Flickr

4 by Jens-Ole Kjølberg, on Flickr

5 by Jens-Ole Kjølberg, on Flickr

6 by Jens-Ole Kjølberg, on Flickr

7 by Jens-Ole Kjølberg, on Flickr