Hi everyone,

I am in the very early stages of a large project that will eventually replace CFS3's quick combat, mission, and campaign modes, along with almost the entire user interface. This has been a long time in coming as I have always wanted to create an entirely new campaign for CFS3 ever since I moved on from the old European Air War. The other purpose is to be able to implement some new things we discovered whilst working on the Spitfire Mk.V package that will not work in a normal CFS3 install. All of this will allow a much higher level of detail and realism than has been possible up until now.

While I have a lot of my own ideas for how quick combat, missions, and campaigns will work (if you've ever played campaigns in Red Baron 3D and European Air War, you'll have the general idea of where I'm coming from), I also want to hear your ideas for features or options you would love to see in quick combat, single missions, or campaigns. I'm sure there are some good ideas out there, and if it seems like any will work in this project, I know the end result will be better with more people's input. This is more related to options you can select or view in the menus as opposed to specific things being simulated in game. Think outside of what the CFS3 menus offer, and imagine this as a blank slate where any feature you can envision is a possibility.

Some examples to get the creative juices flowing:

-I want to be able to start a quick combat flight at any location I click on the map rather than only over an airfield.

-I want more control of an enemy flights starting position and altitude relative to the player in quick combat than what CFS3 currently allows.

-I want to be able to transfer between squadrons during a campaign.

-I want to be able to read the game manuals without exiting or minimizing the game.

ETC...

I can't make any promises to build any specific feature, and at this stage I'm just gathering ideas. But I would like to know what kinds of things you would like to see - and who knows, maybe some of those ideas will become reality. BTW, the above examples will all definitely find their way into what I'm building.

Thanks for your help guys!