Over the last year or so, I have had a lot of troubles with P3D. Version 5.x did not like my computer. I had so many issues that I quit using V5. MSFS and especially DCS scratched my flight sim itch. Well, a couple months ago I purchased a Reverb G2 VR headset. Then I just built a new i9-10900 based computer to power the VR headset.

I installed PD V5.1, along with MSFS and DCS. Yesterday, for the first time I was able to use the VR headset in P3D. It was like a new sim to me. I haven't loaded any ORBX stuff yet. So. I used MegaSceneryV3 and it was almost like MSFS from the air. Plus all my controllers worked. I could do anything in the cockpit I wanted. It was like being back in the cockpit, as I remembered it in real life. I even found myself reaching for the yoke ( I use a side stick) and once attempted to lower the sun visor with my hand. It was that realistic.

I find that my RTX 2070S graphics card works just find with VR. The only time I had an issue was with a Milviz highly complex beta aircraft. It and DX 12 went though my 8 GB VRAM like a sports fan watching a game with a six-pack. Normal airplanes did not give me that problem.

I highly recommend VR to anyone who may be on the fence. If you can afford it and have the hardware to run it, it is like no other simming experience.