Hi All!

I'm on the verge of getting my Oculus working with CFS3, I'll post what I've done so far so others can get to my stage, and then we can see if any of us can figure it out from there.

1. The first thing you'll need is the latest copy of Ankors Shaders in your ETO/CFS3 Install... This is important becasue VR only works with DX9 and newer. Heres the latest version at my date of posting available here on the site: AnKors_Shaders_27_Jan_2017.zip

2. Secondly you'll need a program that can make any game into VR. You can use Vorp X for 40 USD, but I personally use Vireio Perception, a free alternative. (Make sure you get the latest of version 3, as version 4 only works on DX11 programs and newer).

3. Unzip Vireio perception to a folder on your PC, go into the /bin folder and copy over all .dll files into your ETO or CFS3 - make sure it's the folder that your CFS3.exe is located in (Unsure weather to use the normal ones, the 64 bit versions, or all of them). The dll files are d3d9.dll, hijackdll.dll, libfreespace.dll & vrboost.dll (or their 64 bit counterparts)

4. Once the .dll files are copied over, go back into the /bin folder and run perception.exe as administrator, make sure the drop down boxes have the correct options selected and boot up your game.

- Now, when I do this, it tries to boot in VR, loads up a bit, and then crashes to desktop. Obviously some modification is needed, but I was hoping someone else could take a look at this and see if they have better results. -

If you get it working, please reply to this thread and post your results below! It's time to bring CFS3 into beautiful 3D!

Best hopes, and best of luck,

Jack