Editing CFS2 and CFS3 in Default Location

Thread: Editing CFS2 and CFS3 in Default Location

Editing CFS2 and CFS3 in Default Location

I think I saw this in an earlier post, but I'll ask anyway. How do you remove permissions in CFS2 and CFS3 so you can edit files in the default locations? I have installs of both games outside of the default locations and can edit to my hearts delight, and I know I can copy or move the outside edited files back into the original default locations, but I would be easier if I wouldn't have to. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

You need to shut off the user account control.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...#1TC=windows-7
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Just curious, but is there any significant reason why you need to keep the sims in the defo locations if the duplicates are working well in the other spots? I have many sims and games on my computer, including the MSFS line from FS8, 9, X and CFS1, 2, 3. None of these are installed in their defo locations. My primary hard drive is partitioned into five drives -- C, D, E, F, G -- with all the civie and combat flight sims on the G drive. And i run them all in both WinXP and Win7 in a dual boot config.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Right click you game icon, and hit properties. Then click the security tab. Then click Edit button. Highlite your profile check the Full control box. Then click on the Shortcut tab at the top, click the Advanced button, check the "Run as administrator" box.

That should give you total rights to edit all files in all locations.

Another thing you can do is the same exact thing by right clicking the actual folder, "Combat Flight Simulator2". Then apply it to all subfolders as you go through the steps.

Hope this helps.
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Members who have read this thread: 0