Virtavia Sea King and P3D - Auto Pausing

Thread: Virtavia Sea King and P3D - Auto Pausing

Virtavia Sea King and P3D - Auto Pausing

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone has suffered this issue with this Aircraft on P3d? I have just done a complete re-format of my machine and installed P3D 3.2.

One of the reasons I did this was that the Virtavia FSX Sea King (an oldie but still a favourite of mine) refused to work on my previous install of P3D 2.5, after loading it into the Sim it would immediately "Pause" the sim, and on clicking Ctrl P it would simply Pause again right away. I was wondering whether this was due to a license file that was lingering on my machine from my original FSX install, hence one of the reasons for the re-format.

I have just tried to install it again after my re-format hoping this issue would have gone away but alas no. Again it does the "partially" built exterior that has always plagued this Aircraft due to the licensing file, and the "Pausing issue" is back again...

I don't suppose anyone else has ever come across this issue? I am gutted if I have to resign this aircraft to history. Hope someone can help?

Cheers,

Fraser

Yup, it's a licensing issue. I get this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Yup, it's a licensing issue. I get this as well.
    So is it not working for you Dave on P3D 3? I came across your previous help to me last time I posted about this 2 years ago where it sounded like yourself and Chris Sykes had it working ok, all the dll files are in the correct place etc but no joy

Oh well.... Don't fancy making a Sea King your next chosen aircraft to develop now? *Joke.

I think it worked fine in 2.5, but I've only briefly tried in 3.x. I'll have a fiddle over the weekend and see if I can get it working.

I've just tried installing the Seaking into P3dv3.2. It sort of works. The model is fully there and doesn't pause the sim, but there are horrendous stutters every 5 seconds or so. Seems to be caused by the "SeaKing_DDI.dll" gauge, which must have something to do with the copy protection. The stutters don't go away even if I swap aircraft and P3d needs a restart to get back to normal. If I disable the gauge in the panel.cfg the stutters go away, but I'm left with a partially built exterior.

Thanks Dave, I'll give that a crack, but I fear the auto-pausing is endemic for me..

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Fraser

I have this with the flight1 installs, you have to completely remove the add on and installer, then using the flight1 wrapper download the installer and license key again. This is sadly the only way (especially after hardware change)

Members who have read this thread: 0