New Runway Textures Pack - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Runway Textures Pack

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    SCASM and effects aren't related. CFS2's pre-placed runways look to be related to FS2000 runways but CFS2 runways use a new Surface that wasn't seen in FS2000. CFS2 Surface are 64 to 68. I found this bit of info in the FS2002 makeMDL.exe with a hex editor.

Attachment 36054

My guess is that at one time makeMDL.exe could place runways and all know types was listed but this was cut from the version we got but the text is still in the program. As for SCASM being unable to compile CFS2 runways. My guess is that CFS2 Surface numbers wasn't added to SCASM. All SCASM docs say that 9 is the last Surface.

Simply put we can't do any thing to the stock pre-placed runways but change there texture and we can't make more like them with the tools I know of.
    This part of the conversation is a little over my head, so excuse my ignorance. I see a runway defined, like an AFD bgl, but I don't see an object defined like a textured polygon. Where would that be?

ShpHawK

The runway texture and how it acts (dirt, coral or PSP) is done by the Surface key.

http://www.scasm.de/doc/sca_rwys.htm#rwy2k

Saddly the CFS2 surface types are not supported by SCASM. Also using the suppored type is not ideal. They use old .r8 files and are well look worse. They are more or less the same runways made for FS5 (pre Win95)
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    The runway texture and how it acts (dirt, coral or PSP) is done by the Surface key.

http://www.scasm.de/doc/sca_rwys.htm#rwy2k

Saddly the CFS2 surface types are not supported by SCASM. Also using the suppored type is not ideal. They use old .r8 files and are well look worse. They are more or less the same runways made for FS5 (pre Win95)

Thanks Allen. I get it now. I can see a couple of ways around it, but as you stated previously, they are all labor intensive. Maybe down the road, but right now, I'm not going to attempt it.

Chuck

Finishing touches

Hi everyone. I've spent the last two days ironing out the details on the runway texture package. We are nearly there.

ShpHawK

Quote Originally Posted by shphawk View Post
    Hi everyone. I've spent the last two days ironing out the details on the runway texture package. We are nearly there.

ShpHawK
    Looking forward to it shphawk. Thank you.

New Runway Textures Pack

Howdy All!

I just wanted to let you all know that I posted the texture pack in cfs2 scenery today. I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys think.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...aytextures.zip

Howdy All!

I just wanted to let you all know that I posted the texture pack in cfs2 scenery today. I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys think.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...aytextures.zip
    I checked and they are not there yet shphawk.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb737 View Post
    I checked and they are not there yet shphawk.
    Sorry guy. They are up now.

Sorry guy. They are up now.
    Sorry shphawk, but still nothing.

Sorry shphawk, but still nothing.
    That's really weird. I was able to download it from my other computer and my phone.

Give the Admins time to approve the upload, then everyone can see it. At the moment, only the uploader will be able to see it.

Replacement Runway Textures.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Scenery Add-Ons

Description: This pack contains 25 unique textures for the default runways in CFS2. Enjoy!

ShpHawK

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Replacement Runway Textures.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Reply...

Shphawk,

Sorry, I had my head buried in the sand working on my Balkans project. I approved the upload just now. Thanks for all of your hard work on this, this represents another Quantum Leap for CFS2. Well done, sir!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

That's really weird. I was able to download it from my other computer and my phone.
    Got it shphawk!! They all look great and can't wait to experiment. Thank you!!

Thank you sir. Much appreciated!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Shphawk,

Sorry, I had my head buried in the sand working on my Balkans project. I approved the upload just now. Thanks for all of your hard work on this, this represents another Quantum Leap for CFS2. Well done, sir!
    No worries Mr. Rami. I got a little over excited. Thank you.

ShpHawK

Got it shphawk!! They all look great and can't wait to experiment. Thank you!!
    Glad to hear it, sorry for the delay. I got a little excited. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    Thank you sir. Much appreciated!
    Thanks Mr. Shadow Wolf 07. I hope you enjoy the textures.

Glad to hear it, sorry for the delay. I got a little excited. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.
    Love them!! Of the 5 different categories of runways 64 thru 68 I've already picked out my personal favorites and have them installed. Adds so much visually to the game. Thanks so much for all your work!

You've really done a nice job with these shphawk!

Still trying to make up my mind. For the PSP toss up between these two.
    Or maybe I'll just swap 'em out given the mood of the day. Lol

Seaside Weathered

Inland New

Thanks for putting in the time you did on these. Sweet

Dave

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Icon14 Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Shphawk,.........Thanks for all of your hard work on this, this represents another Quantum Leap for CFS2. Well done, sir!
    Shphawk,

I'll second ALL OF the above eagerly!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR EFFORT!

KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Love them!! Of the 5 different categories of runways 64 thru 68 I've already picked out my personal favorites and have them installed. Adds so much visually to the game. Thanks so much for all your work!
    Thank you very much. I'm so glad that you like the textures. I'd be curious to know which are your favorites.

ShpHawK

I'm so glad you like them. I really feel like everyone put something in to the project and I was hoping that I put something in there for everyone. I may revisit and rework the textures at some point. I was also thinking that I need to make a little utility that can swap the textures easily so we don't have to choose. Thanks again for your input.

ShpHawK
    Chuck

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by kelticheart View Post
    Shphawk,

I'll second ALL OF the above eagerly!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR EFFORT!

KH
    Thank you very much Kelticheart. I really hope you and everyone else enjoy them.

ShpHawK

Blog Entries

Beautifull textures

Thanks so much Shphawk for all your work!
    Your new runway textures are such a bigaddition to CFS2

Beepee

Members who have read this thread: 1