Sim Skunk Works F-104S in P3D V3.1

Thread: Sim Skunk Works F-104S in P3D V3.1

Sim Skunk Works F-104S in P3D V3.1

HI,

Does anyone know if the SSW F-104S P3D Version is supposed to work in P3D V3.1?

I have installed it and everything pretty much works, but the engine seems to die soon after take off. I'm not sure what's happening. I have taxied around for ages with no problem, but twice now soon after take off the engine has cut out. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if it's a P3D V3.1 issue. There is also a slight issue with the EPU sound, but the aircraft starts OK.

Another question on the F-104. Does it have nose wheel steering? I am having a horrible time trying to taxi. It's probably made even worse by the fact I have only been using rudder pedals for a month or two.

Cheers,

Scott

After another test flight out of Edwards, this time I had no flameout, but I did have a hydraulics failure along with several other warnings. Gear was stuck down so I flew around Edwards for a bit and landed. There seem to be a few little inconsistent glitches in P3D V3.1, but The F-104 is pretty much working. If anyone else has had experience with this aircraft in P3D V3.1, I would be interested to hear about it.

Cheers,

The ssw F104S is flyable in P3D 3.1 but no where near correctly. Lots of the features and systems don't work. It will be recompiled for P3D 3.xx, but I think we will have to wait quite awhile. They are very busy getting the Tornado launched, and the Boss is, I believe, at this moment in hospital with a serious health problem. They are also a very small team, all with day jobs, so a bit of patience is required while they get things sorted.

In the F104S folder you'll find the docs. folder which contains most of the information you need, like set a key or button to Launch bar(extend/retract) to operate the nose wheel steering.

/Russell.

Thanks for the info.

Sorry to hear about the SSW boss' health issue. Hopefully things will all go well.

I'm in no hurry, I have left FSX (Steam) and P3D V2.5 installed for other aircraft and sceneries that are not yet compatible with P3D V3, so I can still use the F-104 in P3D V2.5. It seems to be pretty good in V3 also, but maybe, as you say, just with a few little issues.

Cheers,

Hi all,
    The update for p3d 3.1 of our Zippers is on the do-list,our plans are to deliver first the Tornado "basic" stabile version for FSX/P3D2.5 and probably 3.1,then we will switch to advanced version,with shared cockpit and other features.
    It could be that between the two version of Tornado there will be a 3.1 patch for Zippers.
    At the moment we are patching the Tornado FSX version,and working on p3d 2.5 update.
    As Russel said,we are encountering some difficults due to a serious health problem of our boss Mario,he got the last (we really hope) surgery on past days,all seems gone ok,but there will be two weeks of forced stop for him.
    So,we only ask to be patient to our customers and friends,we hope we will be on the runway again at full throttle for the end of February.
    Cheers,
    Alessandro

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Mario, if you read this, I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery.

Alessandro, excellent news that the Zippers are adapted for 3.1. Hopefully your other planes will follow. Will they be 'new' versions that have to be bought separately? That would not be a problem for me if there are new features that make it worthwhile to fly in P3D.
    Will you consider adding TacPac now that your Tornado also has it? I know P3D v3.1 has not got TacPac yet, but it is on the way.

Stickshaker, thanks for your kind words,I'll forward to Mario. We are all waiting for his best,as many of you know,SSW is not only a SH,but is a group of friends. Friendship is above all.
    While working on my usual "ten pack" with Tornado,I'm making some tests,these are the results:
    F-84 version for 2.5 works well in 3.1,dynamic reflections are simply stunning on bare metal liveries. The only issue to trim is that some cockpit sounds (like switches,canopy lever,ecc) are ko.
    There is no need of acrivation key,simply point the installer in 3.1 if you have the 2.5 already purchased and installed. Configurator works well,but for now weapon system is only static.
    F-104 needs a reworking of DLL'S,so for now is on standby;
    AV8B works well in 3.1 (cockpit sounds included).
    For users that wants to "give a look" in 3.1 with our products,remember to patch p3d 3.1 DLL.XML correctly after installing,you have to manually add the entries,since the installer writes the 2.5 dll.xml. So you have to go to 2.5 dll.xml and copy the SSW related entries on 3.1 dll.xml.
    Cheers,
    Alessandro

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for this information, Alessandro. Do you have any plans to make the new versions compatible with TacPac? Or have you not decided that yet?

All the best for Mario und a speedy recovery!

Thanks for the reply Alessandro. Please forward my best wishes to Mario also.

The F-104S is the first product I have purchased from you guys, and I am really impressed by it. I will definitely be back for the F-104G too.

Thanks too for the information regarding the conversion to P3D V3, that is really great news. As I said in a post above, I'm in no great rush for the conversion, so please take your time, but it is really exciting to hear it will be done.

Cheers,

Scott

Members who have read this thread: 0