RAAF Base Williamtown v2

Thread: RAAF Base Williamtown v2

RAAF Base Williamtown v2

D/loading now .. good excuse to get back to FSX , love these photo real scenery's .. may have to kick the F-18s aside and bring my F-111s back into service

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    D/loading now .. good excuse to get back to FSX , love these photo real scenery's .. may have to kick the F-18s aside and bring my F-111s back into service
    What is it like Ian? Have you got any screenies to post please?

Cheers,
    Tim.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    I downloaded it and when I went to do the install I directed it to install into a temporary folder but it still installed into their default directory. I had to manually move the files to a temp folder. When I opened the main folder there were several other folders. One for YWLM and one for YMND as well as effects folders and screenshot folders. Turned out to be a rather complicated install as everything had to be done manually.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    What is it like Ian? Have you got any screenies to post please?

Cheers,
    Tim.
    I have not had a chance yet , mindset went to artwork then had visitors, place here is a kids playground ... over 40's I mean Must check it this sarvo .

SOH-CM-2017

RAAF Williamtown

How do I add Hornets to the scenery?
    I believe any FS9 AI in FSX will upset the apple cart.

Your FS9 made AI will work fine in FSX, MAIW is the place to stop for all your RAAF Rhinos.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

FS9 AI will work, but it will also stop any other AI you have from working. You need to download AI Flightplanner and use the convert ai feature in that to convert the fs9 bgl to fsx. It's a quick and easy process.

Cheers,

Wondering if there is an alternate website other than Flightsim to get this scenery package. Download is taking 3 hours, and I have a super fast internet connection. Mike

SOH-CM-2017

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    FS9 AI will work, but it will also stop any other AI you have from working. You need to download AI Flightplanner and use the convert ai feature in that to convert the fs9 bgl to fsx. It's a quick and easy process.

Cheers,
    Thanks for the info.It still looks pretty difficult for someone who has never used that program before and I do not wish to upset what I have.
    Reckon I will leave things as they are and just enjoy the scenery.
    I spent my young days in the Australian Naval Fleet Air Arm and we visited Williamtown on many occasions.

SOH-CM-2017

RAAF Williamtown AI

After saying I would not....I did. I installed RAAF Hornets to RAAF Williamtown via AI Flightplanner but I obviously have no idea how to do that properly.
    The scenery reverted back to the FS9 version with the flashing black lines and I lost AI East Coast Shipping. That was to be expected if an FS9 AI is installed into FSX.
    After removing the Hornets and associated files, things are back to normal but I would have really liked to see movement at Williamtown.

Once you do one conversion, they all go about the same using AIFP3. Here is my converted for FSX traffic .bgl, you will need to change the .doc back to .bgl and save to your Scenery/World/scenery folder.
    Traffic_MAIW_RAAF Williamtown AB_FSX.doc
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

SOH-CM-2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Once you do one conversion, they all go about the same using AIFP3. Here is my converted for FSX traffic .bgl, you will need to change the .doc back to .bgl and save to your Scenery/World/scenery folder.
    Traffic_MAIW_RAAF Williamtown AB_FSX.doc
    Thank you Victory103 ,I reckon I owe you a beer.
    However, since we are unlikely to run into each other, I will have that beer for you. In fact, I might have two.
    Once again, many thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 0