SSW PA-200 "Tornado" is ready for the sky.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: SSW PA-200 "Tornado" is ready for the sky.

SSW PA-200 "Tornado" is ready for the sky.

Hi all,
    As I posted today,the test were near the end....and now they are over!

After almost 2 years of hard work, FSX "basic" PA200 (first of four steps) is out.

I repost what written today:

Here you can find all the info (need to be freely registered):

http://www.simskunkworks.com/store/index.php/ssw-pa-200-tornado

Below a list of most important features, some are considered unique of SSW Tornado:

Moving Map Display using real aeronuatical charts with super imposed airspaces, airports and navaids aeronautical layers;

Terrain following radar linked to flight director and autopilot, TFR is based on real SRTM elevation data;

Ground Mapping Radar with dynamically computed radar shadows;

NAV auto steering mode;

Dynamic Drag Index concept, external stores load/drop affect not only the weight but also the aerodinamic drag;

Wing sweep between 25 and 67 affect the aerodinamic behaviour changing the position of center of lift and inertia moments as well;

Spin Prevention system;

TacPack and vACMI compatibility;

Pilot and system operator cockpits full operative in online cockpit sharing mode (Advanced version only);

Optimized model for multiplayer to assure high FPS in online sessions, those model are named "UBUNTU";

Tornado embedded tablet connected to a web site constantly updated, tablet will show normal and special procedures, new update and news of interest for users.

Talking about basic and advanced:

SSW Tornado will be released in two different versions for both FSX/SE/P3D 2.x, below is a a comparative table of the different features:

TORNADO IDS, ECR GR-1 TERRAIN
    FOLLOWING
    RADAR
    GROUND MAPPING
    RADAR
    MOVING MAP NAV AUTO STEER MODE AFDS FULL IMPLEM TACPACK COMPATIBLE vACMI COMPATIBLE SYSTEM OPERATOR COCKPIT SHARED COCKPIT MULTIPLAYER OPTIMIZED
    BASIC VERSION YES YES YES YES YES YES YES (2) YES NO (1) NO (1) NO
    ADVANCED VERSION YES YES YES YES YES YES YES (2) YES (3) YES YES YES
    (1) Most of the features reserved to back seat man will be implemented using 2D pop up windows
    (2) Not all weapons typical of Tornado could be implemented with TacPack, actually below wepon work with TacPack and SSW Tornado:
    - AIM9-L
    - MK82, MK 82SE, MK83
    (3) Advanced version will implement also Kormoran, HARM and special weapon B61 (vACMI only)

About release dates:

1. BASIC VERSION FOR FSX ACC ACK/SE (released today);
    2. BASIC VERSION FOR P3D 2.5: will be released in late January 2016;
    3. ADVANCED VERSION FOR FSX/SE: wil be released late February 2016;
    4. ADVANCED VERSION FOR P3D 2.5: will be released late February 2016;

About licensing:

An unique purchase key for all the platforms,so if you purchase for FSX,your key is ok also for P3D (on request).

BASIC/ADVANCED: If you purchase the basic version,and after you want to upgrade to advanced,you will pay only the difference between the licenses.

Bye,
    Alessandro / SSW team

TY for this great news! Crg! If someone doesn't see this page - the price is 40 Eu.

Some notice (according SSW service pack will be in January):

FIRST VERSION INCOMPLETNESSThe serious health problem that has plagued our boss has delayed much the development process not allowing us to complete the 100% of systems, very complex, of this model. Therefore, even if it came out before end of the year, which is likey, the model will have some incompleteness of which we apologize since now, we will solve in the first service pack before mid/end of January 2016.
    Incompleteness concern:
    - Air refueling
    - IFF panel, BRSC, CCS
    and others minor that do not prevent use of the model to 100%.On the last checks before release we discovered a subtle bug in the radar dll that can be a serious flaw, the bug could not corrected in short time so we decided to cut out the RWE feature, we will correct it as soon as possible. We wish you all an Happy New Year !/SSW Developing team

but we can live with this.

I read about Red Panda - it looks very interesting for performance and we all know "moving map" its a Achilles' heel of modern jets in FSX/P3D and FPS killer.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Sticky?

Is it possible to add in the future soon (SSW TORNADO MAP files):

Lybia,
    Irak,
    Syria?
    Last edited by YoYo; December 29th, 2015 at 04:29.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Great news, I was waiting this moment for so long time!!!

Congrat's on the release! It looks the part!!
    Anneke

Finally!
    Now I have to be patient to wait till the P3D Version is released

Quote Originally Posted by Dondy View Post
    Finally!
    Now I have to be patient to wait till the P3D Version is released
    me too!!!
    In the meantime is there any YouTube video showing the final release version?

Waiting for the P3D version... but this surely looks like a masterpiece!

Come on! No any user's screenshot?

Hmm.. I was looking forward to this but 4 separate downloads and 4gig of HD space for one UK paint has thrown water on my fire so to speak. Keen to see what users with 'i5 range' pc's have to say though

ATB
    DaveB

FYI: Patch 1.0.1 is out. Please download it from the Tornado's download page.

Hello,

anyone aware of how the get registred on the SSW forum ?

Best ,

Gunman

Quote Originally Posted by Gunman5 View Post
    Hello,

anyone aware of how the get registred on the SSW forum ?

Best ,

Gunman
    As I remember You will recive data for his forum after the purchase something from SSW.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    As I remember You will recive data for his forum after the purchase something from SSW.
    Nothing recieved yet. Also no answere to my email.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    You have to register before you can buy anything. Once you receive email confirmation of your registration, then you can go ahead and buy..not before. You may have a wait on your hands.
    Atb
    DaveB

Almost 50 Euro's including VAT. That's not funny anymore....
    Anneke

Thanks for the VAT reminder Anneke.. I'd forgotten about that!

ATB
    DaveB

Be patient, the aircraft is truly great :-D

Best regards Dag

No any user screenshot?

Installed.

FYI. I have very slow rate from Dropbox via browser but here is some of large files.
    Problem was solved when I installed Dropbox software (application).

Didn't see that paint shown on the SSW site

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post

ATB
    DaveB
    Not all the paints are shown on screenshots,many are a little surprise.
    Maybe for this you missed that there are 3 GR1/RAF layouts in the basepack (and not 1,as you wrote on previuos messages).
    By the way,with P3D 2.5 release,next to come,there will be 10 (FREE,as our usual) high quality repaints for RAF/Luftwaffe,and also FSX installer will be updated with new skins.
    Ciao,
    Alessandro

(edit) FYI:

/SSW

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post

ATB
    DaveB
    It is in package SSW_TORNADO_COMMON_TEXTURE_FSX_1.0.0 .

Italian:

Quote Originally Posted by PLUTO16 View Post
    Not all the paints are shown on screenshots,many are a little surprise.
    Maybe for this you missed that there are 3 GR1/RAF layouts in the basepack (and not 1,as you wrote on previuos messages).
    By the way,with P3D 2.5 release,next to come,there will be 10 (FREE,as our usual) high quality repaints for RAF/Luftwaffe,and also FSX installer will be updated with new skins.
    Ciao,
    Alessandro

(edit) FYI:

/SSW
    Thanks Alex. I think it would help prospective buyers decide if they were going to buy something if they knew what they were getting. 50euos +vat is a lot of money to spend on the assumption you're going to get a nice surprise
    Atb
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 0