Personal rides.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Personal rides.

Personal rides.

A post of DaveB in the screenshot thread made me realise that we most probably all have them: The models we call our personal rides!

These are a few of mine. Often after I have done a repaint I make a repaint for my own enjoyment and which I don't intend to upload.

The Camel by full:

The Caudron C.460 by Gilles Faulmeyer: (Pinson is French for Finch, which is English for Vink (in Dutch))

The Koohoven FK.58 by Michel Migaud in Dutch "what if" 1940 colours:

What are your favourite rides and what is the story behind them......

A curious Huub

Nice planes and repaints, Huub
    I have a couple that I keep coming back to...This one is Peter Franke's ASW-28, a model that started in FS2002 and with a few mods works very well in FSX. The competition letters are a reference to my daughter Lola (inspired by Ernst Udet however)...

This is Fern Marquez' Skyseeker from FS2004. The only mod I did to make it work for FSX was a .dds texture for the prop. I had been working with the flight dynamics off and on for about four years and in FS2004 it shook at speeds above 65mph. In FSX it just doesn't go past 63 and seems dialed in right. Contrary to what this shows I'm not necessarily a Spartans fan (but my son is).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Schleicher ASW-28 II Small.jpg   Schleicher ASW-28 Small.jpg   SkySeeker Small.jpg  

I keep coming back to the Aerosoft Catalina, and for my pleasure flights I always use this paint:

for small GA, I tend to cruise around in the Sibwings Saab Safir looking like this:

and I like to rumble along in Manfred's C-47, looking usually like this when I fly in Australia:

or like this when in Europe:

but usually I'm just flying my last paintjob...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Just a couple of my go too's

there is really so many though
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-12-28_9-40-46-653.jpg   2015-12-28_10-1-52-52.jpg  

and a couple freeware that never leave the hanger

Piglets A-1H

Ant's T28A

PWD's Zlin Z-142
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 412AK2.jpg   2015-12-28_12-3-23-972.jpg   prev_02.jpg   Yak-18 Red.jpg   2013-6-3_1-5-29-43.jpg   41.jpg  

and...

Swingman Yak-18 and Polikarpov U-2

Dave Garwood's Auster J1 Autocrat

and the wonderful repaints by many Artists... for another Thread maybe?

Sorry two more...

Piglets PC-6C
    and
    LDR Development's Ryan Navion B

Had a day off and havin a little fun
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-12-28_12-59-2-822.jpg   2015-12-28_13-4-9-607.jpg  

I like this thread! I can post stuff I won't upload anywhere, or won't finish, because I'm too lazy...

Iris CRJ-200 ("easter egg" freeware) with default CRJ-700 VC, and my attempt at a Lufthansa repaint...

Igor Suprunov DH.100 exterior (not available anymore, what a pity) with Rob Richardson's Vampire VC, and my fake Dutch repaint (to fly around NL2000)...

Ivan Jucarga Mig-21F-13 (FS9) with Zsolt Beleznay Syrian AF repaint, slghtly tweaked for FSX DX10 (glass fix, blue tank and fin)

Scenery: ORBX Rugen, NL2000 Leeuwarden AB, Spain Photoreal Canarias

Here's a surprise.

Dave

It's a Thud. It was the FSX Alpha Thud ...but the 2D pit was horrid if stretched...so....several years of tweak and....

Everything does 'stuff' ....and some of it's actually correct....

A few favourites......

Alabeo SU-26. Done more hours in this than any other FSX aeroplane. Was a little concerned about buying it as heard some bad things about it, but with an updated flight model its a challenge to fly well and I love it. Can break long cross country flights by indulging in a little spot of aeros along the way. Seen here in formation with a T-6 painted up in Haitian markings and one that have flown in real life (T-6G G-DDMV). Now looking forward to the A2A release, where the Sukhoi may be pushed a little bit further back into the virtual hangar.

Auster AOP.9 by Dave Molyneaux, Brian Horsey and myself. Although primarily a FS2004 machine, it works well for me in FSX. This is XR240 and its not just a repaint. Everything is from that aeroplane. The panel, the sounds, the flight model - all from the real thing. Having been all over the UK and Eire in her, a worthy reminder of wonderful experiences. One of all my time favourite aeroplanes.

A2A Cessna 172 painted up in the markings of Cornwall Flying Club, Bodmin. Been a member for 32 years now and about 100 hours in this very airframe. Sadly now out of hours for Public Category work, should still be seen in private hands.

Another Auster and this time Dave Garwood's Autocrat - one of the reasons I upgraded to FSX. Seen here is G-AIGD which used to live at the same airfield as XR240 (Eggesford) and is now based down the road at Bodmin alongside the 172. Managed a wonderful flight over South East Cornwall and Plymouth in this earlier in the year.

But there are lots more.........

Martin

A few now and maybe a few later ..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dassault F50.jpg   Jock.jpg   Goose E River - Copy.png  
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Slightly modded (default CRJ) panel to go with the IRIS Global Express.

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Personal rides? Well, this might sound odd, but I think the plane I'd call my personal ride is the gigantic XB-15. Not as much for the external model, but for the beautiful interior:

I also fly the XC-105 cargo version, but not as often:

I used to fly the PBM-5 by Alphasim a lot, until I started researching it and found out how inaccurate it truly is.

And there's also a 5-way tie between the Harpoon, Ventura, Lodestar, A-26 and D18S, when I feel like flying something lighter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-12-04_00021.jpg   2015-12-07_00007.jpg   2015-12-05_00019.jpg   2015-12-07_00002.jpg  

Sorry couldn't resist - Flysimware freeware 1948 BSA Bantam D1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BSA.jpg  

Obvious choice for first place! Couldn't call myself ChipShop otherwise could I! I grew up seeing these flying around Plymouth, a delightful little aircraft in every respect!

Second place for me has to go to this venerable 'Old Girl'; Big, Lumbering and old fashioned, but above all Reliable!

Third goes to my all time favourite rotary wing aircraft; sadly soon to be destined to the history books!

ChipShop

My confession is that most of my time is spent in the F/A-18E by VRS, more than double the hours than in the next contender (Iris T-6A). However, Jankees and I agree on the Sibwings Saab Safir for its personality, grace, and unique beauty.

<strike></strike>

It was my 2nd ever payware add-on purchased and it has flight time on all my various flightsim systems and configurations.

My personal rides of this year were defenitly the M2M Mirage 2000 and the Iris Sparten in combination with my GAF-repaint.
    Piglets Antonov An-32 is another gem I am currently enjoying as much as possible!!
    Last but not least, Santa brought me a new toy which will easily be my number one for the next time:

Christoph

Ok, I'll play. Just keep in mind that I've never been much of a screenshot artist.

My current default aircraft, the old now freeware AlphaSim F-80 that I've done a few repaints of and am always tweaking something on to improve it. This is an unreleased paint that I usually fly it in.

AH Seafire in one of Morton's paints. I've flown it around the world in FS. I've always liked Spitfires and naval aircraft. This on is the best of both worlds

And attached at the bottom are a few more

Uiver Team DC-2 in a Pan Am paint I did
    CalClassic C-46 in one of a bunch of fictional real world paint schemes I did for it and never released.
    Virtavia F4D, a new favorite.

Didn't get a screenshot of them, but David Maltby's BAC One-Eleven and Comet 4 along with 727s. Especially the 727-100.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2015-dec-30-002.jpg   Flt 19-2015-dec-30-004.jpg   Flt 19-2015-dec-30-006.jpg   Flt 19-2015-dec-30-007.jpg   Flt 19-2015-dec-30-009.jpg   Flt 19-2015-dec-30-011.jpg  

Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    ......Often after I have done a repaint I make a repaint for my own enjoyment and which I don't intend to upload......What are your favorite rides and what is the story behind them......A curious Huub
    I have about 40+ completed repaints for various aircraft that I never released......kind of a waste of time in retrospect. In any case, my favorite ride has always been the Martin Mars as my family (before I was born) rode on the Martin Mars to and from Hawaii on many occasions. So I have a soft spot for the Martin Mars. Dad told me that they even used JATO/RATO on these aircraft every now and then. What a sight that must have been.

One of my repaints that I never released......"Operation Petticoat".......

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Use for exploring new terrain/scenery. Aerosoft UH-1 Repaint by me.

Be yourself by yourself, stay away from me

Pantera

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    A post of DaveB in the screenshot thread made me realise that we most probably all have them: The models we call our personal rides!

The Caudron C.460 by Gilles Faulmeyer: (Pinson is French for Finch, which is English for Vink (in Dutch))

A curious Huub
    Huub

Would you share the Caudron repaint or a link where to find

Thanks

Roland

I can't believe I forgot this one in my earlier post. Gee Bees have been a favorite of mine since I was a kid. And for FS, Wozza's "Z" is hard to beat. It's a handful on landing, but flies great which according to what I've read about the original is correct behavior.

This is a paint that was originally done for the FSX version by Paul Grubich to represent the one at the end of the movie "The Rocketeer" (filename is geebee_z_rocketeer.zip @ FlightSim). I personalized it a bit for our online flights and vintage races (flew the London to Melbourne in it a time or two).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2015-dec-31-001.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Members who have read this thread: 2