LDR FSX Grumman Mallard

Thread: LDR FSX Grumman Mallard

LDR FSX Grumman Mallard

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Aircraft

Description: This is the LDR conversion to FSX of Milton Shupe's Grumman Mallard. Please make sure that you read the enclosed 'Read Me' file and the PDF operating manual in order to make best use of the features.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit LDR FSX Grumman Mallard
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Merry Christmas Indeed

Wonderful timing, thank you!!!

Blog Entries
    The cockpit is awesome, the sound is great, and just a fantastic flyer!!! Thanks Larry and team! WOW!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

That has really made the day!
    Many thanks to all the teams involved.

MikeW

Tail light

Is it just me or is there no white nav light? First time I've flown this amazing bird at night and I happened to notice in the outside view.

Mallard Engine Start?

I just loaded this file yesterday and I am having problems with the engine start.

All it does is spit and sputter and quit.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Bob Macklin
    Seattle, Wa

Quote Originally Posted by macklinbob View Post
    I just loaded this file yesterday and I am having problems with the engine start.

All it does is spit and sputter and quit.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Bob Macklin
    Seattle, Wa

I have no issues starting the Mallard from 'cold and dark' using the VC switches, 'CTRL+E' also works flawlessly.

If you are using the VC switches bear in mind that you have to left-click the starter toggle switch for the left engine and right-click the starter toggle switch for the right engine. Also note that because the toggle switch is a three-position self-returning type you need to click on the 'collar' at the base of the switch and not on the toggle itself as your mouse will fall off the toggle as it moves negating the command (this applies to all three-position toggle switches on the aircraft).

Did you start your flight directly in the Mallard or switch to the Mallard after the sim had loaded? Switching aircraft after sim load can sometimes cause issues especially if the original aircraft has complex systems built into it or is a different engine type (i.e. prop to jet and vice versa). The custom settings can get carried over to the new aircraft causing all sorts of issues.
    Larry

Hi there, I have the same problem as Bob. The engines would not start with the Switch in the cockpit. I cant click the switch via L/R click, only the mousewheel works. And then the switch is just for 2s in the position, the Propellers starts turning and nothing. I also tried via "toggle starter 1/2" same as before. Only Strg+E works but thats not the way.

Maik
    English is not my native language, so please be generous if I write funny things :-)

Hi Maik, you and Bob are the only people to report this issue and it never showed up in beta testing so I'm not sure what is going on.

How close to (or far from) the switches are you when you try to operate them? Sometimes FSX can have mouse click-spot issues if something like another model part gets between the eye-point and the object you are trying to click on. You won't see the offending model part as they are invisible if the eye-point is inside them but they still block access.

Try zooming in on the switches to see if that helps.
    Larry

Tried it now on my other PC, same issue. For "Toggle Starter 1" i don't need a clickspot but doesn't work. I also tried zooming in/out and click starter no success. :-(
    Switch is in the left/right position for about 2-s and then back to neutral.

My right mouse button generally not work on any Clockspot with this plane (other addons no problems)

Edit: P3DV3 same problem
    Edit2: Inspired by your signature i tried the Navion. Same problem as the Mallard. Then I switched to Grumman C1A trader... toggle starter and engine was alive.
    English is not my native language, so please be generous if I write funny things :-)

Ok, I have finally found a solution to the problem.

I have me the Aircraft.CFG looked at and compared to the Goose, though I have seen that the starter torque factor (normalized_starter_torque) is a lot lower as the Goose. I then had him set to
    normalized_starter_torque = 0.3 and now the startup works.

To compare:
    Goose = normalized_starter_torque = 0.3
    Mallard = normalized_starter_torque=0.06880
    I do not know exactly what the problem is and why the value of starter torque factor was chosen so low at the G-73 Mallard. Perhaps Tako_Kichi has an idea

Oh and I forgot, thanks for these nice Beauty ;-)

Maik

Just took this little birdie up for a flight, cold and dark from the water with 0 issues in P3Dv4. I did update Dave Dawsons gauges to the new 64bit versions.

Members who have read this thread: 0