BUNTY aka CIVILIAN COUPE Mk2 - another low & slow

Thread: BUNTY aka CIVILIAN COUPE Mk2 - another low & slow

SOH-CM-2023

BUNTY aka CIVILIAN COUPE Mk2 - another low & slow

Uploaded to Britsim today & also to Flightsim my latest creation. The subject aircraft is the sole survivor from the 5 built & flown in the early 1930's. She now resides at Biggin Hill in the UK.
    Designed for FS9 she will port over to FSX & I'm told P3D although there are there usual non compliances.
    Video available on YouTube; https://youtu.be/cKhyqqrXnmI
    Happy landings
    Keith

http://britsim.com/index.php/en/file....0/lang,en-gb/
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; December 12th, 2015 at 16:48. Reason: Britsim link added

Many thanks Keith Right up my ally, I'll try her in FsX.

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Thanks Keith!

She's a beauty!

That looks awesome! Love the craftsmanship. Downloading as I type. Love those .... well everything.

Thank you Keith ... Wow!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

SOH-CM-2023
    I should thank you Milton, I've learn't a lot from you.
    This one though seemed a bit different as its the only one where I have seen, photographed & done some basic measurements before starting work on her. My main visit to that hangar was to get interior info & photos of the DH 90 Dragonfly. I did though have to reduce polys galore to get it to compile for FS9, so now I must try to learn how to do more polys & maybe make it FSX native which I understand from you does not have the same limitation.
    Maybe my biggest hurdle though will be learning the different xml (or is it C++) layout!
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Dev One View Post
    I should thank you Milton, I've learn't a lot from you.
    This one though seemed a bit different as its the only one where I have seen, photographed & done some basic measurements before starting work on her. My main visit to that hangar was to get interior info & photos of the DH 90 Dragonfly. I did though have to reduce polys galore to get it to compile for FS9, so now I must try to learn how to do more polys & maybe make it FSX native which I understand from you does not have the same limitation.
    Maybe my biggest hurdle though will be learning the different xml (or is it C++) layout!
    Keith
    Keith,

FSX is very different to model for (well, animations and textures mainly) but at least the poly restriction isn't there like FS9. The xml stuff you will pick up on; pretty much everything you need (or something very close) is already available. FSDeveloper is a great place to to learn, get help, and find the answers to questions you will have.

Thanks again. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Fun little plane... gave it a shot in P3Dv3!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

SOH-CM-2023

Bunty in P3D

TuFun, thanks for that video, nice bit of flying! Even though I've flown it lots of times during development I will still come in too hot & run out of runway!
    I certainly like the P3D effects & shadows, maybe I should upgrade & then the mouse clicks would work!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Keith

Awesome sir!
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    Awesome sir!
    Thank YOU sir.
    Keith

I love this one, Keith. Really enjoying it in FSX. Many thanks!

Regards,
    Michael

SOH-CM-2023
    FSX users might be pleased to know that I have uploaded to Britsim & to Flightsim an update that enables the engine start to be operated using the LH magneto toggle. You should also hear the 'Contact' call before engine rotation.
    FS9 users already have this capability.
    Thanks to Dave Garwood who provided me with the correct path link to use the dsd sound gauge.

File called 'Bunty FSX update'
    Keith

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Keith,

FSX is very different to model for (well, animations and textures mainly) but at least the poly restriction isn't there like FS9. The xml stuff you will pick up on; pretty much everything you need (or something very close) is already available. FSDeveloper is a great place to to learn, get help, and find the answers to questions you will have.

Thanks again. :-)
    Spent a lot of time over Christmas searching for the missing FSX Gmax gamepack & loading it! On the way I uninstalled FSX Acceleration, having first taken 9 hours to transfer all my FSX files to a USB as a safety, (just as well I did that). Then uninstalled FSX vanilla & reinstalled but came across the usual brick wall of registering the Basic FSX. Very frustrating only helped with the fluid presents I received!
    Now unable to uninstall Acceleration & then register even adding SP1 & SP2 as I want to have one system without Accel, as found its that that stops wingfold operating on my portovers! Now have FSX & Accel on both laptop & tower, & have the gamepack for FSX Gmax working on the laptop! At least one point achieved......& have got the Tower system to have a registered FSX+A using system restore & the USB download. Tried unsucessfully to do the M$ recommended way to cure the registry, so thankful I did the USB now. Had a bit of a problem (now cured) with the .ini for the Gmax thats not highlighted in the FSdeveloper instructions and had a duplicate .dle file on the C & D drives. Need now to get Tower into same state, I think I can then tackle a complete FSX uninstall with also a registry clean on my laptop to see if I can have a registered FSX SP2 standard on that.
    Sorry if this is Off Topic, just venting.......
    Keith

Aaaauuuggghhhh !!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0