Afghan Super Tucano maintainers go AWOL in Jawja

Thread: Afghan Super Tucano maintainers go AWOL in Jawja

Afghan Super Tucano maintainers go AWOL in Jawja

This has really been absent from the mainstream media. I guess Donald Trump is taking up all their resources.

What's up with this??

All I can say is rdaniell keep your eyes open.

Obie

Quote Originally Posted by Obie311 View Post
    This has really been absent from the mainstream media. I guess Donald Trump is taking up all their resources.

What's up with this??

All I can say is rdaniell keep your eyes open.

Obie
    Local station here in Pensacola reported about it this evening. Interesting how the officials are saying there is no "apparent" threat. Sorry, but my confidence in our govt's capabilities is not
    exactly high right now. NC

I would imagine this is something they would want to handle quietly if at all possible.
    Imagine thousands of Georgians being turned loose to hunt anybody they deem afghan like.

The comments on that particular site are typically childish and hateful for the most part.

Odd that no one has advanced the hypothesis that they may have been victims of violence...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    The comments on that particular site are typically childish and hateful for the most part.

Odd that no one has advanced the hypothesis that they may have been victims of violence...
    What? Afghan students here at our request for training ... victims of violence at our military training facility? Seriously? Yes, let's consider that. Yup, that's likely the cause. UmmmHmmmm.

But, you are correct. With today's hyper reporting, you can expect anything from anybody. Sad really.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

That is a possibility indeed.
    The Air Force should be able to sort it out.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by joe bob View Post
    I would imagine this is something they would want to handle quietly if at all possible.
    Imagine thousands of Georgians being turned loose to hunt anybody they deem afghan like.
    Yes indeed. Out here in Callie they can't even tell a Sikh from a Muslim. Frightening thought.

I live about 40 miles from Moody AFB and visited the open house in October, saw the A-29, talked with one of the instructor pilots (American), one Afghan mechanic, and two Afghan pilots. They struck me as very 'Americanized.' Clean-cut, T-shirts, shorts, sunglasses, and flip flops. They spoke very good English and seemed upbeat (reminded me of college kids). The instructor said the first group was getting ready to deploy with their A-29's and that their training was 'coming along very well.' I can only imagine what was going through their minds about returning to a country were they will be a target of a variety of groups in Afghanistan (on and off the battlefield). Or maybe they just got too much of the 'good life.' My thought...they're headed to Mexican or Canadian border. They can't seek asylum here (AWOL) so they'll likely go over the border, and considering the height (about 5' 4") and dark complexion of the ones I saw, most likely Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    What? Afghan students here at our request for training ... victims of violence at our military training facility? Seriously? Yes, let's consider that. Yup, that's likely the cause. UmmmHmmmm.

But, you are correct. With today's hyper reporting, you can expect anything from anybody. Sad really.
    Milton, remember that they left the base and went out into the wild and wooly world of Georgia.

With today's climate of fear, it is entirely possible for anyone who even looks like one of "dem d'er A-RABS" to be the target of violence.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

I believe the lack of panic is also due to the fact that it has happened before.
    Young afghan guys faced with going back to the war decide to make a break for it. Some have gone awol to Canada to seek asylum.
    The vetting wasn't wrong it, it is just tempting to not head back to a situation that looks somewhat bleak. And I am sure the ladies here look a lot less bleak

Milton, remember that they left the base and went out into the wild and wooly world of Georgia.

With today's climate of fear, it is entirely possible for anyone who even looks like one of "dem d'er A-RABS" to be the target of violence.
    And so I guess you can look down your nose at the rest of us yahoos and rednecks because Indiana is SO civilized. Very arrogant and insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Snurdley View Post
    And so I guess you can look down your nose at the rest of us yahoos and rednecks because Indiana is SO civilized. Very arrogant and insulting.
    There's much of that same Islamaphobic rhetoric here in NC too. Sad to say it, but anyone that looks Middle Eastern should stay out of quite a few areas around here. It's not an insult, it's the sad, shame-inducing truth.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

So where does this thread go now?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    So where does this thread go now?
    Canelos at a minimum....

Members who have read this thread: 0