Horizon VFR Easter Egg?

Thread: Horizon VFR Easter Egg?

Horizon VFR Easter Egg?

Today, flew the new A2A P-51H out of Wattisham in Suffolk and a few miles to the North, came across a Rape field with a 'GetMapping' logo in it. Not really sure if this was a banner, or perhaps something put in by the scenery creators? The plot thickens.....

Wonder if there are any others in England and Wales?

Martin

eeek thats a bug, looks like when they licensed the providers provided a watermarked texture still, similar to how google has google all over the free mapping they provide.

cheers,
    Lewis

Pity you didn't note exactly where it is Martin. Don't recall seeing any of these anywhere else though my flying areas are admittedly few.

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Pity you didn't note exactly where it is Martin. Don't recall seeing any of these anywhere else though my flying areas are admittedly few.

ATB
    DaveB
    Will go back and try it again....any excuse for another session with this lovely aeroplane!

Martin

Today went looking for the field again and tried to remember my route and came across it very easily. Its at:

Martin

Yup.. I see it too Martin..

ATB
    DaveB

Getmapping is a British firm providing aerial photography. Same logo.

http://www2.getmapping.com/Products/...al-Photography

Could this be from a photo used in photoreal scenery??? Or an elaborate advertising stunt, sort of like a crop circle...probably not.

Didn't quite escape.
    GetMapping is the company that provided all the aerial photography from which the UK FSX (and X-Plane) photoscenery was created - I've bought all the textures that I've used for photoscenery from them, too.

I suspect that the logo is there on the corner of one of the many images. I doubt anyone will patch it out, now.

Cheers,

Ian P.

They also did the Millennium map from which VFRPhotoscenery was taken for FS02/04. The chances of it being patched now are about the same as me winning the lottery and I don't do it!! Wonder if there are any more loafing around??
    ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 0