A new rotorcraft "Alouette III" is released on French-VFR - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A new rotorcraft "Alouette III" is released on French-VFR

I would get fsx error messages that is could not find some of the sound files or the sound cfg file that were in the sound/dsd folder so I copied all the dsd sound files to the sound folder under the alouette III and the sounds seem to work Okay.

[QUOTE=beercat;978874]Hello !
    I am Jean Michel, the author of the sounds of the Alouette III. I'm going to try to explain you my choice of the DSD gauge to manage sounds engine.
    We wanted to restore, at best, all the systems of the real Alouette III. The started of the engine until its speed of functioning is rather long (approximately 90 seconds) and in two distinct phases: 0-18000 rpm, first, and 18000-33500 rpm, after the opening of the fuel flow lever. The engine stays at the idle power if the lever is not activated.
    The other difficulty was to reproduce the procedure: "stop the rotor keeping the engine on" (chapter 3 of the starting procedure, page 11).
    Difficult to reproduce this 2 procedure without the DSD gauge !
    Furthermore, the constant engine speed during flight played by the DSD gauge would not have been different via the sound.cfg, That's why I managed the majority of sounds by the DSD gauge.

Panels not showing

Panel 5 and 6 do not show; At least for me. Are they functional?

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Sorry to post this in the FSX section, but is anybody using this copter in P3Dv3.2 ?
    I was using it in 3.1 and it was working perfectly.
    However, I just made my first flight in 3.2 with it, just to test the repaint. All is fine, excepted a but which makes the doors opening and flicker, just like if I would continuously and quicky click on them. Anybody has that bug ?
    Yep in p3d v3.2 I have that door bug as well, the door is trying to open and close on it is own

The open/close doors bug can be related to something else: and old FSX bug maybe migrated to p3d that is operating doors near fuel stations. If you´re near a fuel station, the doors won´t open at all and the result effect is that the door appears to be opening and closing all the time without any user imput. You can try operating the doors far from a fuel station and see if the issue goes away.
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Unfortunately, I was well aware of this old FSX bug and this was the very first thing I checked
    Even in the middle of the runway it was still occuring. And even in flight.

I had read on pilots-virtual that there was a lighting mod being done for the allouette 3 is this being worked on still?

SOH-CM-2018
    I am looking for some advice on repainting this model.

As you can see in the attached pictures, there are white (shiny?) lines visible when viewing the model at certain angles and distances. It is most noticeable around the doors. Just to inform, there are no white lines in that area when I painted it.

Am I missing something or do someone perhaps have a solution for me.

Thanks.

Sorry im away from home to double check however it maybe a very simple fix

Nemeth paintkits are notorious for the same problem

Find the psd that has the doors on it and make the background a dark colour instead of white and try that

SOH-CM-2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Sorry im away from home to double check however it maybe a very simple fix

Nemeth paintkits are notorious for the same problem

Find the psd that has the doors on it and make the background a dark colour instead of white and try that
    Thank you for that info, it solved the problem. Now that I know the answer, it seems so obvious...

Members who have read this thread: 0