Master Corrado Thanks.. - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Master Corrado Thanks..

The combination of the wrap around screen and TrackIR really makes a big difference to my situational awareness in game. I used to get shot down all the time without ever knowing who I was coming under attack from. Now I can check-six effectively and take evasive action in time. It also helps on the offense when you get into a twisting turning dogfight and you momentarily lose track of where he went.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by HouseHobbit View Post
    Thanks Major..
    I will have to re-do all my Rising Sun missions anyway since Mitch has developed Proper airbases all of this.
    Much rejoicing!!
    Perhaps we can use an improvised stand-in for the Aichi E13A1 Jake, since we don't have a proper one, and they played such a big part in events like Pearl Harbor, and Midway.

JII-1 was flown by PO1c Akira Ito (Pilot), PO Masaaru Fukuoka (Observer) and PO3c Fushanobu Kasamori (gunner). At 0530 hrs this IJN cruiser Chikuma's three-seater Aichi E13A1 'Jake' flew to Pearl Harbor anchorage to survey target area and report on the conditions. At 0645 hrs Chikuma's E13A1 track was picked up by Oahu based US Army mobile radar post at Opana Ridge. At 0735 hrs the Japanese crew reported: 'Enemy formation at anchor, nine battleships, one heavy cruiser, six light cruisers'. The pilot related conditions important to the approaching first wave: 'Wind direction from 80 grad, speed 14m, clearance over enemy fleet 1,700m, cloud density seven.' Then at 0738 hrs radioed, 'The enemy fleet in Pearl Harbor'. Having reported, the pilot swept wide to the south, trying to find the American carriers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shot11-28-15-21-11-43.jpg  
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Don't we have one in Rising Sun?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shot11-28-15-23-07-37.jpg  

Sorry, my mistake.

I use PTO far more than Rising Sun (I have trouble with the theater selection interface getting corrupted) and didn't even think to check there.

*** Yes, the B5N-2 with floats is a much better stand-in for the E13A1. ***
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Thank you for these birds, Major !!!

airfighter55

Looks great! We could use the PT-19 Float as a stand-in for an E14Y-1 though

Okay, here is the PT-19 as the E14Y1 Glen from Submarine I-7, 2nd Sensui Sentai (Submarine Squadron)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shot12-04-15-11-32-01.jpg  
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Members who have read this thread: 1