Saitek Pro Joysticks

Thread: Saitek Pro Joysticks

Saitek Pro Joysticks

If you had a choice between a Saitek Pro X52 or a Pro X55 which would you choose ?
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

This is not the answer you are wanting, but thought to share my experiences.
    I've had both the X52 and x52 Pro, and I will not buy a Saitek again.

The x55 is/was made by Mad Catz, and the rights bought out by Saitek.
    Mad Catz is superior (in the reviews I've read) to the Saitek x52/x52 pro designs in both ergonomics and reliability. YMMV.

Since I bought a Logitech G940 five or so years ago, my flight simming has been more enjoyable. No issues to date.

Neither will I. I bought a Thrustmaster Warthog stick (only the stick) some time ago, which was surprisingly cheap. It's a heavy SOB but I know now that I''ll never revert to plastic again!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

TM Warthog for me as well. Ill never do plastic again either. Sorry i know thats not one of the options. i did the whole system.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I've had two X52 units (loved them) and recently bought a X55 Rhino. So far I find the X55 to be far superior in terms of feel and function.

I did have some issues when it first arrived, the extra tension springs were missing from the box (it still had the factory seal intact when it arrived) and the throttle was extremely stiff to operate. I contacted Mad Catz/Saitek tech support and they were very helpful and shipped out replacement springs promptly. I opened up the throttle unit to find out why it was so stiff (I have an engineering background so was not worried about voiding warranty) and discovered they use an extremely sticky clear lubricant on the throttle parts and it would appear that whoever lubricated mine was a little over generous with the goop. Goop is a good term as I have never seen anything as sticky as this stuff, it clings like crazy. I think the idea is that it provides resistance as well as lubrication. After using it for a couple of weeks I am now finding that the throttle is much smoother in operation especially if you rapidly cycle the throttle travel before using it as it seems to loosen up the goop a bit. I'm guessing it will loosen off some more yet as the goop slowly migrates downward due to gravity and use. For reference my throttle friction screw is backed off as far as it will go as there is no need for it at the moment, the goop is providing more than enough friction/resistance.

As I said above I am pleased with mine and really like the twin throttle capability and stiffer stick compared to the X52.
    Larry

Well Fellas if the budget would allow I would throw down on that Thrustmaster Warthog like a tick on a fat dog. But times being what they are I'm on a pretty tight budget since I retired. Saitek sticks are in my affordable price range at the moment.
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

FWIW my X-52 is just over 10 years old and still functions very well. No looseness, still accurate and used almost daily. So what does that tell you.
    My Logitech G940 languishes in the garage unloved and no longer supported by Logitech anyway.
    My Saitek Cessna yoke functions very well too btw. But it is only 4 months old.
    I would have no qualms in buying the X52 again.
    When this one dies as one day it must I suppose, I will get an X-55
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Sautéing X65

I've been using the Saitek X65 for a few years and am quite happy with it. It's worth considering if you're looking for a high end set of flight controls.
    dave

please pardon the heading.......darn auto correct!

Members who have read this thread: 0