Using LINDA for control mapping

Thread: Using LINDA for control mapping

Using LINDA for control mapping

So I have asked about this in a few other places and have yet to find anything out. So I was wondering if anyone here would be able to help me.

I am trying to map controls for the F-14X to my X55 by way of LINDA due to it mode shifting ability. I am able to get it installed and functioning with basic FS controls but, but I have been unable to use the lua file provided by Aerosoft to map any of the jets specific functions. All I have been able to figure out so far is that every control needs a function name but I have not been able to add them in, in a way that they work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    -Josh

Military Air Simulation
    Fighter Squadron 142

In LINDA, for every aircraft profile there are a couple of folder structures created under the "linda" directory in "fsx\modules". One of these folder structures is the button definitions and the other folder structure is the LUA code functions. You will probably have to cut/paste the Aerosoft LUA code into the file that has the code definitions. I want to say file is called "actions.lua" but I'm not sure. Unfortunately it has been over a year since I stopped using LINDA and am using FSUIPC directly now.

Check out some of the pre-defined profiles that come with LINDA to see where the files are and how they are structured.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Have you sought help in the LINDA forum at Avsim?

Hi Henry,

Thanks for the input, I will try that out and see what sort of new offences against syntax I can commit. The LINDA forum at Avsim was the first place I asked but I have yet to hear anything over there.

Thanks again.

-Josh

Military Air Simulation
    Fighter Squadron 142

I think the Aerosoft LUA file is formatted for use with FSUIPC, so I doubt it will work with LINDA directly.
    Could be wrong though!

Members who have read this thread: 0