New Breguet Alize (RFN) - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Breguet Alize (RFN)

My apologies, the correct link for the RFN Carrier Ops gauge is here: http://royalefrenchnavy.perso.sfr.fr..._Gauge_V42.zip

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Bill, a cat launch is possible. Experiment with the place, it's more backwards than usual.

Cees
    Yep. Note the position of Cees aircraft in relation to the rear shuttle in his images. Don't worry about the front one. Also make sure you have the RFN TACAN gauge (pre-installed with the aircraft so no need to do anything there) tuned to the ship you are on (yellow text on green stripe announcing you are tuned in). Then try the Shift+I (no launch bar and Shift+U is used elsewhere on this aircraft so don't need that) until suddenly Launch Assist is triggered and you are cabled up. Flaps set for takeoff, throttle up and steady, pull the joystick trigger, and watch the animation show. Whoosh!

Thanks to inputs from all of you - I can now cat the Alize perfectly. I will add a couple of things that I have learned: 1/ Frank had it almost right. You DO need to use shift + U (not because of the non-existent launch bar) because it does open the hatch behind the pilot's hatch. This was apparently a mandatory emergency exit during a cat shot. I could not get shift + I to work UNLESS I selected shift +U first. 2/ There are marks on Foch's and Clemenceau's deck that show you where to position the Alize (and other aircraft) prior to using Shift + U or I. They are long rectangles with the aft end open. Position the Alize's port main gear on the forward (white) portion of the wider of the 3 available rectangles - and you will be in the perfect position. I learned this by carefully reading Sylvain Parouty's documentation for his Etendard IV.

If you have not downloaded Sylvain's (freeware) Etendard IV, you have missed one of the absolute best aircraft available for FSX. It is better than most payware aircraft. Sylvain is a master modeler (and perfectionist). he modeled the carriers Foch, Clemenceau and Charles deGaulle. Most do not realize that he also modeled the superb FSX version of the USS Enterprise (from SDB). Run, not walk and get his Etendard IV (from the same place you got the Alize). Sylvain has a Vought Crusader in the works.

Bill

New Alize texture needed

What we really need now is a new texture for the Alize in the same paint scheme as the two static Alize's on Foch's deck (different number - of course).

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Gold View Post
    If you have not downloaded Sylvain's (freeware) Etendard IV, you have missed one of the absolute best aircraft available for FSX. It is better than most payware aircraft. Sylvain is a master modeler (and perfectionist). he modeled the carriers Foch, Clemenceau and Charles deGaulle. Most do not realize that he also modeled the superb FSX version of the USS Enterprise (from SDB). Run, not walk and get his Etendard IV (from the same place you got the Alize). Sylvain has a Vought Crusader in the works.

Bill
    Very true indeed! The Etendard IV is the plane for me that sets the standard for CLP. Brilliant freeware!

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Very true indeed! The Etendard IV is the plane for me that sets the standard for CLP. Brilliant freeware!

Cees
    Especially with that photoreal repaint which is also found on the RFN website. Definitely one of the best looking aircrafts in my hangar

Thanks for the Etendard IV recommendation! Just downloaded the package and remain shocked at the outstanding quality of this bird; certainly none of the accolades in this thread have been overstated. Even the VC is extremely well done...a must for me.
    Big tip of the hat and sincere compliments to Sylvain who is obviously a master. So much talent and good taste displayed throughout this fascinating creation...the list of excellent features are simply too numerous to mention.

I'm also in disbelief that a feature packed aircraft that looks this stunning is so well optimized in my fsx. I get no hit on frame rates or fluidity flying this bird. THIS is how it should be done.

Time to brush up on my French and really get to know this aircraft.

Like everyone here has stated, this one is not to be missed.

Perhaps a new project for Jafo?

What we really need now is a new texture for the Alize in the same paint scheme as the two static Alize's on Foch's deck (different number - of course).

Bill
    Agreed. And a very simple task that is, given the excellent paint kit! But, (yes, there always is a 'but'!) where is the cowling ring situated in the textures? If someone knows and tells me, I'll do the repaints!

Cees

Nevermind: found it.

Alize Repaint

Hi Cees,

Thanks for taking on the repaint. It is appreciated! Now we can be one of the squadron onboard the Foch (big smile).

Bill

I've begun, but there's not very much to go on. Are there profiles people over here can help me to?

Cees
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails begin.jpg  

Thanks Bill, I found an interesting photo of the '60' I'm doing in this series. That helps!

Cees

Hi Cees,

Looking at the 2 static Alize on Foch - they have red wing tips.

Best regards,

Bill

Bill,

I made three...... I'm not able to post screenies for some reason?

Cees

Hi Cees,

Looking at the 2 static Alize on Foch - they have red wing tips.

Best regards,

Bill
    Bill,

I see orange wingtips on the Foch Alize?

Cees

Let's see if I can post some screenies!

Cees
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 51.jpg   60.jpg   30.jpg  

Nice work Cees!

Huub

Thanks Huub! But it's so easy with the excellent paintkit that comes with the plane!

Cees

Hi Cees,

All three are wonderful. I need to get my eyes checked - the Foch Alize's do indeed have orange wingtips!

Bill

Only a readme to go and then I can upload these. Anyone for testing these?

Cees
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Cees Donker; December 24th, 2015 at 09:50.

And here's a fourth. And no, it's not a Messerschmitt! Just another Alizé!

Cees
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well done, Cees. They all look great. Thank you very much.

Cheers
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

BEAUTIFUL Cees. Thanks again for doing them. Bill

Any requests?

Cees

Indian Navy had a few Alize's....id like one of those....please

Members who have read this thread: 1