Aircraft List using Tacpack - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aircraft List using Tacpack

Hi Rob. No, I haven't coded the gunsight yet.

Can the default gun sight be used with AIM's and the like?

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Rob, do your questions mean that you are working on Tacpacking your own planes too? I do hope so...

Quote Originally Posted by robcarrich View Post
    Can the default gun sight be used with AIM's and the like?
    I expect so. I'm not using any sight at the moment, but I can still make kills with the Sidewinder in a "point and shoot" fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickshaker View Post
    Rob, do your questions mean that you are working on Tacpacking your own planes too? I do hope so...
    Well yes it does but, I'm light years away from understanding how to do it!
    I have followed the tutorial for adding the gun and HUD display and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    I expect so. I'm not using any sight at the moment, but I can still make kills with the Sidewinder in a "point and shoot" fashion.
    Thanks Dave,
    I must say I'm looking forward to a TacPack "Hunter"
    Not been able to get anything other than the gun working on any model as yet.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Well yes it does but, I'm light years away from understanding how to do it!
    I have followed the tutorial for adding the gun and HUD display and that's it.
    Good news all the same!!

Thanks Dave,
    I must say I'm looking forward to a TacPack "Hunter"
    Not been able to get anything other than the gun working on any model as yet.
    If you've got a gun working, then you're part way there. Dumb bombs & unguided rockets are handled pretty much the same way as the gun.

Is it a case of adding them to the ini file and aircraft cfg using the list of weapons in the SDK?

The weapons are all listed in the tacpack.ini, in the [MapStoresIDs] section, then you use the [Store_Station.x] sections to define which weapons are usable on which store stations.
    Each weapon has it's own ID. You'll have to write some code to tell TacPack which ID is loaded on which station, and which station is selected. Then when you pull the trigger, send the firing order to TacPack to fire that particular store. It's fairly straightforward once you get your head around it. I can help you out with some specific code if you like, but I'm still learning myself!

Hello Dave,
    Thank you very much I really would appreciate any help you could give me.
    I just want to start off with a couple of 500lbs bombs and a couple of sparrows.
    I realize that we are all on a learning curve but some of us are better equipped to take it all in!

Rob

Yeah, it was a photo of Sura rockets, so you've answered the question Dave!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 42825.jpg  

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Interesting, you're pic shows the second row mounted on the pylon. I've also got pics of them fitted without the pylon, directly to the wing the same as the other rows. Which is correct? Hmm.

Anyhow, here's them in action.

Oooooooooh boy! That is AMAZING Dave!

I suspect the photo I posted shows a non-standard fit.

Rob: How much arm-twisting would it take for you to rework your Sea Venom and add 20mm Hispano Mk.V cannon, 60lb RP-3 rockets and a P3D and/or TacPack functional radar??!!

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    Oooooooooh boy! That is AMAZING Dave!

I suspect the photo I posted shows a non-standard fit.

Rob: How much arm-twisting would it take for you to rework your Sea Venom and add 20mm Hispano Mk.V cannon, 60lb RP-3 rockets and a P3D and/or TacPack functional radar??!!

Andy
    Rob, you have two arms, so I would like to twist the other one. It would be great if your Meteors would be Tacpacked. At Fly Away Simulations there is a V-1 flying bomb for FS2004 that can easily be converted to FSX. If one takes a V-1 as a target with TacPac it will not take evasive action and will not shoot back - more realistic with a V-1 than with many other planes. V-1 hunting in a Meteor is something I think would be interesting for some of us.

Found a couple of interesting new ones on flightsim.com, thought I'd mention them here:

ah-1w_super_cobratacpack.zip
    ah-64apachextacpack.zip

Both packages by "UncleSalty".

I don't have TacPack yet, so I cannot speak for the content, but according to the description these two helicopters won't even work without it.
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Penz, I have yet to try them out, but this seems like a great find to me! Thanks for spotting!

I almost fell out of my chair seeing the AH-1W then I also came across this one for the Iris F-4 Phantom + TacPack

f-4_phantom_mp_tp.zip

Quote Originally Posted by simulloyd View Post
    I almost fell out of my chair seeing the AH-1W then I also came across this one for the Iris F-4 Phantom + TacPack

f-4_phantom_mp_tp.zip
    Well done for this - but no RAF/RN skins. Disappointing.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post
    Found a couple of interesting new ones on flightsim.com, thought I'd mention them here:

ah-1w_super_cobratacpack.zip
    ah-64apachextacpack.zip
    I don't have Tacpack either, but to fix the VC in the freeware Apache, add

[Vcockpit04]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=512,512
    visible=0
    pixel_size=512,512
    texture=$AH64_4

it seems to work ok.

Re: Uncle Salty TacPack enabled aircraft

I downloaded and installed the F4U Corsair and AH-1W Cobra.
    The Corsair appears to be the freeware -7 model from Guy Hulin, while the Cobra is the old Alphasim freeware.

FM is stock. Weapons that are modeled are guns, AIM-9s for the Corsair and guns, rockets and AIM-9s for the Cobra. Both have chaff and flares. I could not find a way to activate a gun sight, so I sprayed and prayed a lot. Stock Gatling gun sound for all guns and no swoosh for the rockets or missiles.

Really, if you want something to goof around with, here you go. Uncle Salty figured out the coding process and gave his time for free. Your call on using it in game.

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    I'm working on my Hunters at the moment.
    Dave, I already had the Alphasim Hunter but this thread made me want to have a look at yours. What a pleasant surprise! Beautiful inside and out, and she flies very nice although I made only two short flights as yet. Looking forward to the TacPac version! Are the 'proper' cannon available in TacPac?

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM View Post
    Re: Uncle Salty TacPack enabled aircraft

I downloaded and installed the F4U Corsair and AH-1W Cobra.
    The Corsair appears to be the freeware -7 model from Guy Hulin, while the Cobra is the old Alphasim freeware.

FM is stock. Weapons that are modeled are guns, AIM-9s for the Corsair and guns, rockets and AIM-9s for the Cobra. Both have chaff and flares. I could not find a way to activate a gun sight, so I sprayed and prayed a lot. Stock Gatling gun sound for all guns and no swoosh for the rockets or missiles.

Really, if you want something to goof around with, here you go. Uncle Salty figured out the coding process and gave his time for free. Your call on using it in game.

-Jeff
    Shf-4 brings up a simple helmet-mounted display. A nice touch and it shows what is potentially possible with TacPac.

Members who have read this thread: 14