G-159
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G-159

G-159

Looks promising.

Straight from FSDev:

Fraser McKay does the panel, sounds and FDE, so this is going to be good!

And the manual is already out:
    http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/thr...-4#post-709384

More screenshots:
    http://hangarcerouno.blogspot.com/

Dev thread:
    http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/g159.428390/

There are some WIP shots of a VC, but I don't know the status.
    Same for a release date.

I think this is even going to be freeware, but don't quote me on this!

Didn't Gulfstream, at one time, prohibit any simulation aircraft bearing their name? Or, at least Payware? NC That might explain the possibility of this release being freeware? NC

I used to service G1's over 25 years ago, specifically the 3 from Corning Glass fleet. Last time I saw a G1 in the air was last year when I was in my back yard & heard the unmistakeable sounds of Rolls Royce Dart engines approaching. When I spotted the aircraft, it was a G1 with civilian markings but the fuselage was loaded with odd electronic gear and what appeared to be a drone or weapon. I was able to see the tail number and ran it through the database and it was one of a few Target Drone Launchers operated by different defense contractors here. Anyhow, looks promising & hopefully Gulfstream won't interfere with the release of the project.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Didn't Gulfstream, at one time, prohibit any simulation aircraft bearing their name? Or, at least Payware? NC That might explain the possibility of this release being freeware? NC
    Well...maybe this aircraft is not a Gulfstream G159....Maybe is a Gulfsdream CI59

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Agreed. Fraser does fantastic work.

Brian

that Looks amazing
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Long overlooked, I am really pleased to see this one modelled. A definate buy for me.

Looks great, can't wait for the release!

REALLY want this...between the JF F27 and this, it'll be the "Summer of Darts!!!"

Kemt <---- (Edit) Eh, I meant 'Kent': Wine and a few beers at work!

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Send that USCG Birdie to Sin City lol. I'll put some work into her.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Send that USCG Birdie to Sin City lol. I'll put some work into her.
    CG, I bet you didn't get to YZF in time to see Ptarmigan's G-159's in service, but you'd like 'em...
    http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.php?id=45409
    ...one of the few G I's to be used in sked passenger service.

Speaking of trademarks, N234 MM (Disneyworld & Mickey) http://www.airliners.net/photo/Walt-...72794a3285ab80

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Is it me, or looks the nose section a bit like the Gulfstream biz-jets' noses?
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Dutcheeseblend View Post
    Is it me, or looks the nose section a bit like the Gulfstream biz-jets' noses?
    Nope, certainly not just you...they have a fascinating similarity, particularly to the GII (which in company parlance is called the G1159). I see the jets all the time operating out of KPDK here in Atlanta.

Made right here in Georgia, by the way!

Marc
    Marc H. Burcham
    Stone Mountain, Georgia

Should also have mentioned that a Gulfstream I shows up at the end of the Michael Caine/Steve Martin movie "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels."

Marc
    Marc H. Burcham
    Stone Mountain, Georgia

This one certainly came out of left field (to me, at least). What a great development. I always assumed that FS creations using the Gulfstream name were strictly verboten. Glad to see that's not the case here. May it remain so....

Quite an understatement! Fraser is to 2D panels what Glenlivet is to single malt scotch.
    -Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Didn't Gulfstream, at one time, prohibit any simulation aircraft bearing their name?
    A bit difficult since the 159 has been out of production for many years. If you were building a model described as a "Gulfstream G550" or "Gulfstream G650" there might be legal problems.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

A training version, used by VA-42 (many years ago), based at NAS Oceana.....NC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Charter Member 2015
    The aircraft is referred to as the G159, rather than mentioning Gulfstream, so maybe that's how the creator is dodging the GS lawyers?
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by kilo delta View Post
    The aircraft is referred to as the G159, rather than mentioning Gulfstream, so maybe that's how the creator is dodging the GS lawyers?
    IIRC copyright law cannot be applied to a model of an aircraft decades out of production, but I would need to check with a real lawyer about this. Also iirc some manufacturer tried to slap a cease & desist on developers for building an FS model of a WW2 bomber and things went all the way to court. The court threw it out.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

It's a Grumman design to boot, so this might increase its chances of going below the radar.

- E:

Speaking of...can a moderator edit the thread title to read "G-159" or "Grumman G-159" or "Totally not a Gulfstream G-159"?
    Not that I'm paranoid or something, but you may never know...

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    It's a Grumman design to boot, so this might increase its chances of going below the radar.

- E:

Speaking of...can a moderator edit the thread title to read "G-159" or "Grumman G-159" or "Totally not a Gulfstream G-159"?
    Not that I'm paranoid or something, but you may never know...
    It's done.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    It's done.
    Thanks. Let's hope the developer won't run into trouble.

AFAIK this aircraft was made by Grumman. There are LOTS of Grumman freeware planes for FS. I have most of them. Gulfstream Aerospace is a different company.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Fs9 too I hope. (Reading the developer blog)

Ttfn

Pete

Icon22

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	museum15.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	22818

The only G-159 ever flown in Greece was purchased for the needs of the Royal Family during 1964 (Konstantinos XIII, the last Greece's King). Then it was considered as the most modern aircraft in its category for many years. After the 1967-1974 period it was used by HAF as a VIP aircraft, but it was withdrawn from use when its maintenance was considered uneconomical. Its last flight took place in October 1995, when it arrived at the HAF Museum situated in Tatoi AB, Near Athens.

Members who have read this thread: 0