MilViz P38L.. IT'S OUT!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: MilViz P38L.. IT'S OUT!!

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Well, I did not see that. But here's a screen shot. Yoke is magically back BTW.

Brilliant screenshot. Very nice!
    Jim Stewart

Yep, but better way was to cut this jet in my opinion .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I dunno, I actually like the jet there, but maybe it should have been a B-25 or something like that. Excellent shot!

And just to let you know I've uploaded a few more paints on OZx, if you feel 21 to choose from is not enough...only two for now because the site decided not to cooperate any more. Hopefully more tomorrow..

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

looks nice i may pick it up some time
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

I kind of like the jet in that shot as well, the GA feel of the airfield, combined with the jet, makes the screenshot look more like someones restored warbird rather than an in service pic.
    Jim Stewart

Thanks MILVIZ people. This thing is nice. I'm pretty picky when it comes to my Lightnings, and... this is really nice! I installed it with the high res graphics first. I think I will try the low res ones, as it's a bit "heavy" on the system.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Hi,

We had to make the textures 32 bit for the nice shines. That adds a LOT in terms of "weight".

Our apologies.

Kat.

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Hi,

We had to make the textures 32 bit for the nice shines. That adds a LOT in terms of "weight".

Our apologies.

Kat.
    Understood. You gave us options for both, so no worries here.
    HP Reverb G2

I'm getting an http response code 404 (file not found) when attempting to download the paint kit (either one).
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    I'm getting an http response code 404 (file not found) when attempting to download the paint kit (either one).
    I've got 'er fixed. Check 'em again.
    Jim Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRFR View Post
    I've got 'er fixed. Check 'em again.
    Working now. Thank you sir!
    HP Reverb G2

It's good to hear the P38 was reworked. Is the installer, really BLOATED, with paint schemes most would not want? Why? Give an option to download them as a side dish, rather than forcing us to remove those we do not like.

Hi,

We included 21 liveries, 5 of which are done by Jan Kees Blom. The others are all "pretty ladies" and some call them pin-ups.

Either way, not including so many would make more people than just you upset so we include more than is usual for us.

Thank you.

Kat.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Yep, but better way was to cut this jet in my opinion .
    Well, the story is that the owner of the P38L flew in on their personal jet. You'll have to talk to her about the shot.

An update - I did in fact uninstall the high-res textures and reinstalled using the low-res ones. Made a big difference in performance, though even using low-res, she taxes my system a bit - I still had microstutters even with frames locked at 33 and autogen trees dialed back one notch. I tried the identical flight with the A2A/Accu-sim military Mustang with one of cdfi's paints, and that gave me smooth performance and higher FPS with frames unlocked and trees left at dense. So I still have some experimenting to do to find the best settings for the P-38. Again, this is in P3D 2.5. Worth the effort to get her running - she's really enjoyable. So I'm looking forward to getting her completely smoothed out.

In case you're wondering - the low-res textures look fine. I'm sure there are differences between them and the high-res ones but under normal circumstances (concentrating on flying the aircraft and glancing occasionally at the outside view) I couldn't really see what the differences were. So if you're having performance problems with it, reducing the texture size is the first thing to look at. Hope this is helpful.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

I'm assuming the 'low-res' Textures are in fact DXT5, and not actually any less resolution? (Just a different compression, compared to the 888-8)

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    An update - I did in fact uninstall the high-res textures and reinstalled using the low-res ones. Made a big difference in performance, though even using low-res, she taxes my system a bit - I still had microstutters even with frames locked at 33 and autogen trees dialed back one notch. I tried the identical flight with the A2A/Accu-sim military Mustang with one of cdfi's paints, and that gave me smooth performance and higher FPS with frames unlocked and trees left at dense. So I still have some experimenting to do to find the best settings for the P-38. Again, this is in P3D 2.5. Worth the effort to get her running - she's really enjoyable. So I'm looking forward to getting her completely smoothed out.

In case you're wondering - the low-res textures look fine. I'm sure there are differences between them and the high-res ones but under normal circumstances (concentrating on flying the aircraft and glancing occasionally at the outside view) I couldn't really see what the differences were. So if you're having performance problems with it, reducing the texture size is the first thing to look at. Hope this is helpful.
    unlock your frames for use with this bird...I had to do the same thing during beta testing. I unlock mine and use p3dv2.5 and this solved it for me. but she is slightly heavier on performance but still quite reasonable for me. I get about 22-28 FPS with tacpack version. But no micro-stutters!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Strangely, I had the opposite experience - heavy stuttering with unlocked frames, much less (though still some microstutters) with frames locked at 33. One of those system-specific things, I guess. Or maybe there's a variable we're not thinking about - traffic package, weather engine, vector graphics, video driver, something along those lines.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Well, with P3Dv2x you have to deal with the tessellation factor and video cards...try adjusting that. It's very much a trial and error I've found. FSX works great. However, there's team members running P3Dv2 with no issues at all...so it's very rig specific sometimes.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

All very good and very nice with another great Milviz product.
    But what puzzles me is the Tacpack functionality integrated to the plane (FSX standard version).

And specifically the guns function : to my experience they seem not to work.
    Apart from the fact that you cannot use them via a joystick button (as the case is with rockets & bombs) resulting
    in impossible aiming towards a target, even by Klicking the button with mouse in v-cockpit, my feeling is that they don't do damage.

The Tacpacked ability was the only reason I bought this plane. Has anyone else a different experience with Tacpack than mine ?

Hi

We are looking at making an upgrade available for Tacpack.

That at will be decided today.

Thank you.

Kat.
    I hope this will resolve the problem, if is not a false misconception from my side.
    My Military Flight Videos :

Hi,

You should be able to assign any keys you wish to the firing of the guns.

We will be releasing shortly (today or tmrw) an update for the guns firing.

Thank you.

Kat.

I see people complaining about the number of paints (too many??), so I apologise in advance for uploading a few more:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Jan, please disregard any of the complaints about to many repaints. The stuff you produce is manna from heaven. Keep the paints coming for those of us who are addicted to your fantastic work. Off to OZX to see what I can download.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

so sorry, you'll have to make do with there is now on OZX, I'm off to the south of France for a few weeks, fieldwork with 69 students...

one last paint:

(though the shot is of an early version)

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    so sorry, you'll have to make do with there is now on OZX, I'm off to the south of France for a few weeks, fieldwork with 69 students...
    That will give you time to conjure up your next creations. Umm, lets see, I think about six new P-38L liveries sounds about right with the time you will be gone.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Members who have read this thread: 0