SCS Tu-134 v2.0 FSX portover - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SCS Tu-134 v2.0 FSX portover

Quote Originally Posted by Adonis View Post

BTW, as far as I understand through the in-build Chrome translator, something is supposedly wrong with the VC itself because of the guy who built it supposedly disappeared or something (question is mostly for Tushka). Is this true?

Yes, there were big problems and this VC was built years ago. The programmer who designed the VC left the project years ago (and never returned) leaving it in an unfinished state for half a decade making us all believe we would never see anythig more from SCS, yet we did. I do not know how, the team did not explain.

There are bugs with the VC... small ones you wont notice, incorrectly functioning (synchronizing) switches, windows too big with an unusually small yoke in the way. My biggest concern with the VC is the fact that the VOR/ILS needles on the HSI are very hard to see as theyre very small lines. Especially in the dark. However the feel of the VC is 100%. It is small, crampy and feels true to life.

Quote Originally Posted by vl82m View Post
    Yes, there were big problems and this VC was built years ago. The programmer who designed the VC left the project years ago (and never returned) leaving it in an unfinished state for half a decade making us all believe we would never see anythig more from SCS, yet we did. I do not know how, the team did not explain.

There are bugs with the VC... small ones you wont notice, incorrectly functioning (synchronizing) switches, windows too big with an unusually small yoke in the way. My biggest concern with the VC is the fact that the VOR/ILs guidelines on the HSI are very hard to see as theyre very small lines. Especially in the dark. However the feel of the VC is 100%. It is small, crampy and feels true to life.
    I see. I am a 3D artist among other things you know, I'm already helping Kirill with the Il-62 VC. If Bjoern (since he did the Tinmouse VC) could help me with the port and animation xml, I could build a new one with proper reference, even expand it to the later models (the B is one I see a lot around too as an example). I'm used to making models which have multiple variations, so it wouldn't be a problem for me. You have examples of my work at nsadonis.deviantart.com to have an idea of my skills.
    Adonis/NSAdonis (depends on where).
    Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

I see. I am a 3D artist among other things you know, I'm already helping Kirill with the Il-62 VC. If Bjoern (since he did the Tinmouse VC) could help me with the port and animation xml, I could build a new one with proper reference, even expand it to the later models (the B is one I see a lot around too as an example). I'm used to making models which have multiple variations, so it wouldn't be a problem for me. You have examples of my work at nsadonis.deviantart.com to have an idea of my skills.
    Whilst I appreciate that you want to take time to design a new VC, I think it would be more logical to leave the old VC be as there is nothing wrong with it. (Well, it does have oversized windows and yokes blocking instruments in some phases of the flight). Your 3D modelling skills are good, so it would be nice to see a VC for Tu-134B and improved for Tu-134A-3. If it is possible, I say do it. But I do not know if it is because you would need the source files and I guess getting them from SCS would be a hassle.

I think better (in my personal opinion) to place all your efforts on the Il-62. We really need a long-range Russian airliner in PT quality. I hope there are any news regarding that project.

Whilst I appreciate that you want to take time to design a new VC, I think it would be more logical to leave the old VC be as there is nothing wrong with it. (Well, it does have oversized windows and yokes blocking instruments in some phases of the flight). Your 3D modelling skills are good, so it would be nice to see a VC for Tu-134B and improved for Tu-134A-3. If it is possible, I say do it. But I do not know if it is because you would need the source files and I guess getting them from SCS would be a hassle.
    It would be a lot easier to build a new one from scratch than use the existing one and fix it in all honesty. That's a critique I gave Kirill about the Tu-154B-2's FSX VC too (that one is a royal mess in the modeling technical sense), plus that they use a lot of texture sheets (hence a lot of drawcalls in the FS9/FSX engine). I'll let Bjoern too chime in and give his thoughts on the matter since he is fixing up the gauges.

I think better (in my personal opinion) to place all your efforts on the Il-62. We really need a long-range Russian airliner in PT quality. I hope there are any news regarding that project.
    I'll be able to get back on it after May 1st, then it's up to Kirill and who else is working on it.

It would be a lot easier to build a new one from scratch than use the existing one and fix it in all honesty. That's a critique I gave Kirill about the Tu-154B-2's FSX VC too (that one is a royal mess in the modeling technical sense), plus that they use a lot of texture sheets (hence a lot of drawcalls in the FS9/FSX engine). I'll let Bjoern too chime in and give his thoughts on the matter since he is fixing up the gauges.

I'll be able to get back on it after May 1st, then it's up to Kirill and who else is working on it.
    Yup, I understand. I am sure nobody will complain if we get new VCs for Tu-134 and Il-62. Especially as it would be an FSX-native model. I can guess it is not easy to remove a VC from a complex plane and then build a new 3D cockpit from scratch (and make it fully compatible with SCS or PT if the Il-62).

I wish you all good luck with the project whatever happens, and hope to hear good news soon )))))

I believe no source files from SCS, but is there a way you could code the autopilot to follow a GPS?
    I will not touch the AP code itself, but I could try to do a GPS-Driven gauge that automatically sets the Map Angle to the next waypoint.

Bjoern, could you possibly look into the 2D panel load thing? I get the distinct feeling that the lack of it in the FSX version is screwing over things.
    First, try a reinstall and use the version I am using!

If Bjoern (since he did the Tinmouse VC) could help me with the port and animation xml, I could build a new one with proper reference, even expand it to the later models (the B is one I see a lot around too as an example).
    Umm...you do realize that you'd need to remodel, retexture an reanimate the ENTIRE thing inside and out, right?

The fastest course of action would be finding someone from SCS and asking for the model source files.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    First, try a reinstall and use the version I am using!
    I am, minus the latest batch of updates you did since the start.

Umm...you do realize that you'd need to remodel, retexture an reanimate the ENTIRE thing inside and out, right?

The fastest course of action would be finding someone from SCS and asking for the model source files.
    Actually no, it would be faster to build a new one from scratch than fix the current VC (trust me on this :P ).

Fixed two more bugs in the switch sound system.

Download (page 4):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...HOf_8y0g/edit#

Replace "panel\SCS_TU134" and "panel\Tu134_Mods" with the folders from the download.

I am, minus the latest batch of updates you did since the start.
    And the brakes still don't work? Do you actually do your startups according to the manual?

Actually no, it would be faster to build a new one from scratch than fix the current VC (trust me on this :P ).
    I'll trust you when I see it (modeled, textured and keyframe-animated!).

And the brakes still don't work? Do you actually do your startups according to the manual?
    EDIT: I have the Cessna172SP cold and dark except for the avionics as default flight,
    If I load the Tu-134 and then load the flight and reload the plane, everything works
    If I load the 172, and load the Tu-134 twice in a row, everything works
    If I don't do the second load, the brakes don't work no matter what I do, and the pressurization system acts up.
    In the first two instances the two engine switches in the overhead stay off, in the third it doesn't.

I'll trust you when I see it (modeled, textured and keyframe-animated!).
    The better the reference I get (including orthos), the faster I can do it :P
    Last edited by Adonis; April 30th, 2015 at 17:03.

Error with the latest, I get it for multiple sound files not just this one:

EDIT: After your last update, everything works fine on first load of the plane (mind you I don't use the load/save gauge out of personal preference).

I will not touch the AP code itself, but I could try to do a GPS-Driven gauge that automatically sets the Map Angle to the next waypoint.

What I would recommend you to use is the I-21 available for the Tu-154. Very few Tu-134s had it and its still an more interesting navigation system than GPS as it's an easy to use INS. But it's all up to your decision.

Even better would be a virtual navigator automatically handling the NAS-1 system setting all the courses, corrections, maybe even handling RSBN. But such a thing would be very hard to code.

I also do not think it is possible to flawlessly build a new 3D model for the Tu-134. Some guys tried it, one was semi-successfull until SCS out of the blue suddenly released their own VC.
    Last edited by vl82m; May 1st, 2015 at 02:28.

IMPORTANT: Everybody please download this version instead: https://yadi.sk/d/oqPwe4_1bW9Xu

It is newer, solved bugs, and has more panels! Then apply Bjoerns tweak on top!

(mind you I don't use the load/save gauge out of personal preference).
    That's okay, I find it not really perfect either.

I'm thinking about swapping the load/save gauge for one that only saves the airplane's state when you actually save a flight, so you'll only have the plane fully configured when you actually need it to.

What I would recommend you to use is the I-21 available for the Tu-154. Very few Tu-134s had it and its still an more interesting navigation system than GPS as it's an easy to use INS. But it's all up to your decision.

Even better would be a virtual navigator automatically handling the NAS-1 system setting all the courses, corrections, maybe even handling RSBN. But such a thing would be very hard to code.
    I've tried a simple gauge that automatically sets the Map Angle to the next GPS waypoint. It didn't work out like intended.
    There is no simple solution for this as far as I can see and I don't want to recode the entire autopilot logic.

One thing that's definitely doable, however, is a warning sound that rings whenever you're, say, 5 or 10 km away from a waypoint. That way, you have enough time to pull up the Map Angle gauge and prepare for the next turn. The AP+ANK mode is nothing but a glorified "heading hold" anyway. All it aditionally does is compensating for course deviation during turns and wind.

Another thing that I'm definitely going to look into is making the autopilot logic pause-sensitive (this is not as difficult as implementing GPS-hold). At the moment, the autopilot continues running despite the simulator being in "Paused" mode. This can be deadly during autolandings because the target values for the AP will have deviated once you've unpaused the simulator.

IMPORTANT: Everybody please download this version instead: https://yadi.sk/d/oqPwe4_1bW9Xu

It is newer, solved bugs, and has more panels! Then apply Bjoerns tweak on top!
    That's the version I've always linked to...

Bjoern, I think it would be a good idea to place a copy of the stabilizer indicator next to the tab that's missing in the VC, it would make life easier because now from the Captains side it's masked by the gear handle.

Tushka: I use that particular one too as well.

Bjoern, I think it would be a good idea to place a copy of the stabilizer indicator next to the tab that's missing in the VC, it would make life easier because now from the Captains side it's masked by the gear handle.
    I can see the indicator from the pilot's seat. But I'll think about it.

I can see the indicator from the pilot's seat. But I'll think about it.
    It would make things easier and faster to have it there too

It would make things easier and faster to have it there too
    Or you could just turn your head and look at the indicator, ya lazy git. ;P

Or you could just turn your head and look at the indicator, ya lazy git. ;P
    Haha

Guess what, I finally stumbled upon the reason why some people have brake problems (not that I intentionally looked for it). And it's FSX' fault, so how about that...
    The current update has a workaround for it. It ain't pretty, but it at least works RELIABLY.

Also, I've split the part on the mods from the rest of the documentation and moved it into a separate document. I still expect anyone to read both if he/she doesn't want to spend the next 20 years digging oil wells in Siberia with their bare hands.

The takeoff warning horn logic has been fixed as well.
    There's now a (toggleable) alert whenever you're near a waypoint of a GPS-internal flightplan. You'll still have to do the rest of the navigation and handling, but at least you will now be notified if there's a turn coming up and you need to set a new Map Angle.
    I've switched the Load/Save module from XMLConfig to Logger. Depending on FSX configuration (FSXMS/FSXSE standalone or side-by-side), installation is just as easy or 200% more difficult, but the reward is a vastly more reliable system. Instead of having a single, persistent configuration for the aircraft, you can now have two (from a saved game and default, i.e. cold&dark). Reading the documentation on it is required!

Link:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...EgfZ6G7Q/edit#

If you want to upgrade from the old Load/Save system, simply remove all lines related to DSD_XMLConfig from the panel.cfg and delete the associated files, then install the new one.

P.S: No 2D trim indicator. At 1680x1050, with WideViewAspect and at 0.60 zoom, the needle and scale be seen from the pilot's seat when turning the head into its direction. If not, there's always the FO seat.

Bjoern, your link gives me this when I try to access it: "You need permission"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Could anyone please provide VC screenshots of Captains main panel, middle panel, copilot panel, autopilot, APU panel, electrical panel, navigator panel and cabin/temperature pressurization panel?

I'm rewriting manual right now and would need these screenshots for illustrations. Unfortunately I can't take them myself due I'm at work.

Posted the wrong link yesterday and subsequently got some e-mail spam ("Request for access")...

This should be the right one:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Yo Vlad, check your messages on Avsim.su for some cockpit screenshots.

I have, thanks for the screenshots. Now all I need to do is correctly number every switch and gauge, and label them. The old document has all the labels and there is not any mayor differences from the 2D. Also with pressurization chapter now complete (apart from bad language), the only thing left is now navigation.

How many people in here does actually know how to use NAS-1 or RSBN navigation?

I have, thanks for the screenshots. Now all I need to do is correctly number every switch and gauge, and label them. The old document has all the labels and there is not any mayor differences from the 2D. Also with pressurization chapter now complete (apart from bad language), the only thing left is now navigation.

How many people in here does actually know how to use NAS-1 or RSBN navigation?
    Write about both, moreover, what sections in an NCalc route correspond to which setting.

Members who have read this thread: 2