Arkhangelsk 2015 - Released

Thread: Arkhangelsk 2015 - Released

Arkhangelsk 2015 - Released

Highly detailed scenery of the airport (and I think a secondary closed airport) and the city for FSX.
    Downloading now, screenshots to follow soon. Just released within the past day or so. FREEWARE.

http://avsimrus.com/f/fsx-sceneries-...015-56186.html

Very nice! I have the previous version and liked it a lot. Thanks for the HU
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Yes, i downloaded it too! Very nice. Only problem is that, if you have ORBX Vector installed you have some double bridges and stuff. One thing i do not like is, in the harbour of Severodvinsk they decided to not place any military ships. I will try my best to convert some ai soviet ships and place them there. But as i do not ever have done something before i will need hours and hours... Voluntary ago!

So this is the google earth picture of Severodvinsk:

The region that this scenery covers is huge! I highly recommend installing the "LIGHT" version of the cityscape because of this. Otherwise you'll be dealing with thousands of buildings and structures as far as the eye can see.
    I've only tried Winter so far, but it comes with all seasonal variations (manually installed).

Here's some very quick screens:

Nice scenery but I am getting crash detections over the edges and approaches of the runways at both airfields. My guess is that the runway lights are set as crash detectable objects but the problem is that the detection occurs well off the ground. There's a way to use XML to dial out the objects without having to go through and edit each individual object but I'm unsure how to go about doing this. Hopefully the author or someone will come up with a fix for those of us who fly with CD on.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If somebody could post a screen shot of the shipyard area at Severodvinsk, I'd like to see how it compares to the Google Earth pic posted by sepp666.

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    If somebody could post a screen shot of the shipyard area at Severodvinsk, I'd like to see how it compares to the Google Earth pic posted by sepp666.
    Later when i'm at home i will post a screenshot. Yesterday i managed to use the "object placement tool" of the SDK and positoned the crane of the shipyard - sadly it was also not placed there. So maybe today i figure out how to make a ai-ship into a static one. Then i'm able to do such.
    Next step is to make a ai-ship-route for the last remaining "Red October" Project 941 TK-208 Dmitri Donskoi. The ship is still in service and makes regular sea trails out of the harbour from Severodvinsk into the white sea...
    Last edited by sepp666; March 23rd, 2015 at 01:51.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    That picture just reminded me of Key West and Corpus Christi lol. Thankfully our Subs topside, don't come that close to a public beach lol.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

So TARPSBird, here we are. Shipyard of Severodvinsk:

First success:

Problem: I do not really know which steps finaly brought the .mdl to the object placement tool... I used MCX, LC_XML, object placement tool and Abacus Scenery Shortcut...

Members who have read this thread: 0